Ireland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it was belleek it would say on the bottom of it and some of their stuff has shamrocks on it. They are quite a well known company I imagine, I know a lot of foreign folk who have heard of Belleek.

She ls Raging said:
I loved Ireland SO much. I went there on my honeymoon and I cannot WAIT to go back again.
That's sooo cool!! :cool: :up:
As a matter of fact, that's the reason for me & the Mr. going in 2007. We'll be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary & taking the honeymoon we never had but always wanted. As soon as he returns from his next missions trip to Antigua in March, we're visiting the travel agent & going to get serious about saving our pennies for the trip. I want to take a month off & just travel around the country, but I know I'll have to settle for 14 days at best. :sad:

Oh well - whatever we don't get to on the first trip, we'll take care of on our return TRIPS. :lol: :up:

BluRmGrl said:

That's sooo cool!! :cool: :up:
As a matter of fact, that's the reason for me & the Mr. going in 2007. We'll be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary & taking the honeymoon we never had but always wanted. As soon as he returns from his next missions trip to Antigua in March, we're visiting the travel agent & going to get serious about saving our pennies for the trip. I want to take a month off & just travel around the country, but I know I'll have to settle for 14 days at best. :sad:

Oh well - whatever we don't get to on the first trip, we'll take care of on our return TRIPS. :lol: :up:

When my husband and I went, it was the second week in october... a week past off season, and the prices were cut drastically. Airfare wasnt bad, and the B&B rates were all reduced too. The weather was fine. We wore jeans and light jackets...it was never really cold, but never really warm either. I highly recommend doing the "Go as you please" type of trip - where you have no itinerary and just go at your own pace with a car and see what you want to see. I'm getting nostalgic right now just thinking about it! :)

I'm hoping to go sometime soon. My husband has never been, and I've only driven through the Republic (though I spent about 10 days in Northern Ireland six years ago).

If I were evil I'd post pics from my latest trip to Ireland here to tease all those poor ones who are dying to go there...:macdevil:

The question is: do you want me to be evil?!?!

well if you do decide to be evil, i'll be evil with you!

Yeaaaah baby, I am evil!! :macdevil:

Here's the beautiful river Liffey

liffey.jpg

And this was heaven on earth: Howth

howth.jpg

This is me sitting at St Stephens Green

ststephens.jpg

And last but not least a view of Grafton Street in Dublin

graftonst.jpg

I can't stop being evil, this is satisfying...:ohmy: (please don't hate me)

Anyway, a couple more pics from Ireland, from Killiney to be exact. The Hewsons have beautiful views, don't you think?!?

irlanti030.jpg

irlanti029.jpg

irlanti027.jpg

And this is from Slane:

irlanti025.jpg

So all of these were taken by me in 2001 and the ones up there were taken in 2004. Sorry about the ugly black frames.

(now digsy get evil with me!!:hyper: ):reject:

Last edited:
Ava were you at the first Slane show? I was at the 2nd one and it didn't rain on us that day. :hmm: We all got plastic poncho/ raincost though, I still have mine. Silly souvenirs :drool:

hey glad my wee rant has proved a success! since every one is posting photos i thought i would as well,

This is a picture i took of the University myself and Lara Mullen go to in Belfast

DSC00162.jpg

and this is a picture of my back garden on Christmas Day! Abit off topic but i live in Ireland so i suppose its ok!

DSC00135.jpg

Last edited:
my back garden looks similar on Christmas day too

Picture151.jpg

:D

Our garden looks like nobody cares for it. :slant: At the back there is a river but you can't see it in the picture and a lot of birds have nests in the trees so we don't like to touch them, we also have some hedgehogs living at the back too and some frogs. :lol: So much wildlife. :hmm:

Last edited:
lol the snow was great, this was about half four in the morning while i was waiting for santie claus!

DSC00132.jpg

We had a lot of snow here on Christmas, and last week too, we always get heavier snow because we live on Cavehill. I thought I was going to miss my Spanish exam because some cars were getting stuck in the street. Our neighbour abandoned her car on the hill :shrug:

I have no more snow pics

Lara - yes I was at the first Slane show and luckily it only rained in the morning! The rest of the day was just gorgeous, I even got sunburnt that day - something my friends thought was hilarious: "You got sunburnt in IRELAND?" :wink: But hey, I've always had good luck when I've been to Ireland, it's been sunny and warm and just lovely. :)

Great pics, achtung davy...let's make this a picture thread!! Your university looks amazing. I don't think I could get bored of studying in a place like that.:wink:

But if you are talking about snow, let me add that I live up here in northern Europe and it's been snowing non-stop for 24 hours now and there's no end to it. Maybe I should take a pic tomorrow and post it here, I mean we have A LOT of this white stuff on the ground. :mad:

Last edited:
The first Slane show was really intense, the chili peppers were amazing, and Bertie Ahern kept walking past us in the pit which was quite cool, gerry ryan and bryan mcfadden walked past too which wasnt as good :)

Ava, ive never been to finland, infact the closest ive got is finlanda vodka! could you tell me more about finland?

Last edited:
I'd say Finlandia vodka is a pretty good start if you want to know something about Finland!:drunk: Hmm, what would you like to know about this country? There's a lot of things I could tell you about really... Nokia, Santa Claus, ice hockey, Mika Häkkinen, HIM, The Rasmus, the northern lights, the "nightless nights" we have in the summer, the history... and as this thread is dedicated to Ireland, I recommend you to visit this site: virtual.finland.fi. I think it answers a lot of questions! (but feel free to ask me, too!)

Oh, the first Slane gig. :heart: The Chili Peppers were great, but I why oh why didn't I see Bertie Ahern?!:huh: Brian McFadden would have been good enough for me, though!:lol:

Re: Re: Ireland

YEAH!!! You tell 'em.
People have no damned clue (at least in America) what goes on in the north of Ireland and talk about it like it's a freaking warzone.

Belfast is a beautiful city with amazing, friendly people......and dammit, I wish I were still there.....

:heart: Belfast :heart:

Lara Mullen said:

It really pisses me off when people comment on Ireland, and especially the North and they haven't even been here before. :down:

I am really proud of where I come from. :up:

:heart: Ireland :heart:

Laura, you really know your stuff about Belfast! Plus, you really really like to make it sound like a grand place. :up:

Everytime you talk about how friendly the people are I always think of the strange bloke in AA with the vanilla moisturiser. :lol:

Ava79 said:
Lara - yes I was at the first Slane show and luckily it only rained in the morning! The rest of the day was just gorgeous, I even got sunburnt that day - something my friends thought was hilarious: "You got sunburnt in IRELAND?" :wink: But hey, I've always had good luck when I've been to Ireland, it's been sunny and warm and just lovely. :)

Great pics, achtung davy...let's make this a picture thread!! Your university looks amazing. I don't think I could get bored of studying in a place like that.:wink:

Daithi hasn't shown you the Students union here, it's an uhm.... interesting building. :wink:

I get sunburnt really easily here :reject: It's a bit embarrassing because my friends who live next door are from South Africa/ Middle East they just get glorious tans. I have freckles which are more noticeable after being in the sun and my skin just gets really pink but feels very sore. :down: I have to wear total sunblock. :reject:

Yep, Ireland's great!

Ohmigod its so bloody wonderful!!! I mean, isn't it just fab!!!!

PS, let's grow up

Ava79 said:
I can't stop being evil, this is satisfying...:ohmy: (please don't hate me)

Anyway, a couple more pics from Ireland, from Killiney to be exact. The Hewsons have beautiful views, don't you think?!?

irlanti030.jpg

Hmmm, nice photo, admittedly.

Lara Mullen said:

Daithi hasn't shown you the Students union here, it's an uhm.... interesting building. :wink:

Aren't they always rather "interesting"!? I mean the students union buildings?? :lol: But I'm curious now.... show us the picture!

And I really feel for you because I get easily sunburnt too (it's the pale Scandinavian skin) and I can only dream of a nice tan. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom