ipod help!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2005, 08:58 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 09:05 AM
ipod help!!

hi, i just got an U2 ipod, the thing is..that my sister had an ipod before..so we already had itunes installed on our computer. i was wondering do i need to install it again? since it already shows up under my account....and also ...would that mean that our libraries in the itunes would be the same? help!

when i try installin my cd it says ....do u want to remove since itunes is already on my computer..im sooo confused! i need to register my ipod still..... windows xp confuses me.

Old 11-26-2005, 09:29 PM   #2
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:05 AM
I think you posted in the wrong area...
but yeah
a friend of mine has a situation like that because her and her sister both have an ipod.
from what she tells me, it's alright to have just an itunes to share between the both of you.
but when you want to update your ipod, you need to manually check what songs you want and what artists, etc.
best of luck to ya

I remember when I first got my U2 ipod...

Old 11-26-2005, 09:50 PM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 09:05 AM
i really can't figure it out..im real computer dumb....basically....

me and my sister have 2 different windows xp accounts... and she has an ipod..and itunes got installed on all of our xp accounts... and now i want to use my ipod..and i really dont know what to do..and even how to register my ipod.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:14 PM   #4
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono=genius

me and my sister have 2 different windows xp accounts... and she has an ipod..and itunes got installed on all of our xp accounts... and now i want to use my ipod..and i really dont know what to do..and even how to register my ipod.

Can you uninstall on your account and then do a whole new install? Otherwise I might suggest calling the help line, the booklet that accompanied the iPod has information on how to reach them, or online. I know because I just got the latest edition U2 iPod also. I love mine.

I'd recommend getting an iPod sock or a protective case for it ASAP so it doesn't get scratched up. I got a nice black and red leather cover on eBay for $13. I liked the red and black cuz it sort of goes along with the Vetigo color scheme and color of the iPod itself.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:43 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono=genius

if you have itunes installed on your XP account and she has it installed on her XP account then they should be seperate itunes librarys? (i'm guessing since I don't own a pc)
if so then when you are logged in as yourself you should be able to plug your ipod in and update it without affecting hers.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:47 AM   #6
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge
if you have itunes installed on your XP account and she has it installed on her XP account then they should be seperate itunes librarys? (i'm guessing since I don't own a pc)
if so then when you are logged in as yourself you should be able to plug your ipod in and update it without affecting hers.
yeah, it'd be (user 1) --> my music --> whatever...
and the same for user 2. and you'd just add the music in your folders to the library, not what's in your sister's folders. you should be okay.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:39 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I just installed the new video iPod, will it create a problem if the old iPod photo is used on another user?
Old 11-29-2005, 11:58 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
I just installed the new video iPod, will it create a problem if the old iPod photo is used on another user?
it shouldn't, as long as they're on seperate accounts on the computer