iPod Goodies - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2004, 10:46 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 01:08 PM
iPod Goodies

For you iPod vets, what accessories are must haves for the iPod? I have a sturdy case, the iTrip, and my siblings thoughtfully gave me the Bose SoundDock for my birthday (which I shouldn't be opening yet, but oh well).

I want to return the favor since they own iPods as well. What are some of the top-rated items?

Old 12-11-2004, 10:49 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

edit - see below

Old 12-11-2004, 10:51 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

1. The in-ear earbuds - I believe they are about 40 USD but well worth it
2. The iskin case is the best for preventing scratches
3. The Griffin itrip - no tape deck issues - just find an open frequency and the ipod plays through that
4. The Belkin car charger - plugs into the cig lighter
Old 12-11-2004, 11:09 PM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 05:38 AM
You guys MUST get these Ipod accessories:

Ipod coffee table to place the Ipod on
Ipod-style condoms called 'ifuck'
Old 12-11-2004, 11:12 PM   #5
War Child

Don't have the coffeetable yet, but got the condoms and the matching iGOTLAID. Very trendy around these parts.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:25 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:08 AM
I'm thinking about purchasing the in-ear earbuds for myself on my birthday. The regular earbuds that came with my iPod are a little too big for my ears.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:42 AM   #7
Babyface

Local Time: 07:08 PM
I recommend the inMotion portable speakers. Not nearly as loud as the Bose SoundDock, but they're truly portable (much lighter and runs on batteries), unlike the SoundDock. You can find them on sale for about $130.

For protection against scratches, I really like the incase leather cases. Very classy. $25-$30.

Also, consider some sort of carrying case to lug everything around. incase has a good one for about $70.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:14 AM   #8
Refugee

Local Time: 12:08 PM
Re: iPod Goodies

Quote:
Originally posted by ADecentMelody
For you iPod vets, what accessories are must haves for the iPod? I have a sturdy case, the iTrip, and my siblings thoughtfully gave me the Bose SoundDock for my birthday (which I shouldn't be opening yet, but oh well).

I want to return the favor since they own iPods as well. What are some of the top-rated items?

How is the Bose SoundDock? Is it worth the $$$?
Old 12-12-2004, 12:10 PM   #9
War Child

Re: Re: iPod Goodies

Quote:
Originally posted by theedge111

How is the Bose SoundDock? Is it worth the $$$?
I really like it. The sound is very crisp with lots of ample deep bass coming from a compact frame. I'm glad I got it as a present and am very excited about it. However, I don't know if I would have foot the bill for it myself. I'm only saying that because I have a Bose stereo system already that I can access through iTrip. Sure, the sound isn't as crisp through iTrip, but it gets the music across.

Still, the convenience of docking the iPod and have it play through these speakers is very convenient. It also comes with a miniature remote control to skip through tracks, adjust volume, and turn the iPod/SoundDock off.

If you have $$$ to spare, it's worth the technology.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:12 PM   #10
Gunslinger

Local Time: 11:08 AM
I have the leather "incase" clip as well. Really smart looking with all the necessary freedom of accessing the clickwheel without removing the case. The fit is perfect too. It is not a pain to slide it in and out.

I will be picking up the matching BLACK itrip this week by Griffin and Griffin's power charger for the car. Is there really a difference between a Belkin or a Griffin car power charger?

I will also be buying a docking speaker system this Spring sometime. I am considering the Bose one. Maybe they'll put out a black one. What is the best docking speaker system out there? I am not concerned with a portable one for travel. I just want the best sound.

Also, about the itrip. Does the ipod have to be so close to the radio in order for it to work effectively? I am curious about distances between the itrip and the fm source.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:38 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:08 PM
I just have the black iPod clip on case.

Not really interested in the sound dock, as I don't like the sound of AAC (or mp3) on stereo speakers. IMO, the difference is noticeable and since I have basically all my iPod songs on CDs anyway, I can just pop those into a high quality stereo system.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:27 PM   #12
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Roland of Gilead
I will also be buying a docking speaker system this Spring sometime. I am considering the Bose one. Maybe they'll put out a black one. What is the best docking speaker system out there? I am not concerned with a portable one for travel. I just want the best sound.

Also, about the itrip. Does the ipod have to be so close to the radio in order for it to work effectively? I am curious about distances between the itrip and the fm source.
All the reviews I've read has hailed the Bose SoundDock as the thing to buy for it. I really like the clarity of sound. I can't really compare it though to any other docking product.

As far as the iTrip, it definitely works better the closer you are to the receptor (in a car's case, the antenna). But, it's powerful enough that a car running alongside you can pick up your signal if they tune in to the correct station. Before my SoundDock, I would tune my stereo in the living room, my alarm clock/radio in my bedroom, and my Bose wave radio in my bathroom to the iPod's station. They can all pick it up and have the same music playing in my entire apartment. That's surround sound!
Old 12-12-2004, 05:04 PM   #13
Refugee

Local Time: 12:08 PM
Re: Re: Re: iPod Goodies

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ADecentMelody

I really like it. The sound is very crisp with lots of ample deep bass coming from a compact frame. I'm glad I got it as a present and am very excited about it. However, I don't know if I would have foot the bill for it myself. I'm only saying that because I have a Bose stereo system already that I can access through iTrip. Sure, the sound isn't as crisp through iTrip, but it gets the music across.

Still, the convenience of docking the iPod and have it play through these speakers is very convenient. It also comes with a miniature remote control to skip through tracks, adjust volume, and turn the iPod/SoundDock off.

If you have $$$ to spare, it's worth the technology.
[/QUOTE

Thanx i really appriciate the info!!
Old 12-12-2004, 07:10 PM   #14
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:08 PM

I have the JBL On Stage speakers, and they are amazing. Some who have also heard the Bose say that they prefer the JBL, which cost $100 less. I also have the iTrip.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 12-12-2004, 11:34 PM   #15
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

As a rule of thumb, Bose is overpriced for what you get.