iPod Goodies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a Jam Jacket...which has a screen protector...but it ripped after about 2 weeks...and I was being so careful!!!! :scream: :mad: There are some minor scratches on the black, but nothing too major. I mean, some scratching has to be expected.

I think I'm gonna get a leather case though.

nurse chrissi said:
4. The Belkin car charger - plugs into the cig lighter

I have a Belkin charger/player! This thing is fantastic!

You plug it into your cigarette lighter in your vehicle. Then, tune a station - any station - on the device. Tune your car radio to the same station. Plug in your iPod and voila - you are playing your iPod through your car stereo! No tape adaptations, no wires hanging all over - and the iPod gets charged while playing.

This is more expensive (I believe it was over $100) but well worth it! I love it.

Also, for around $30 you can get a little device that plugs into your iPod that tunes to 4 radio stations. This device requires batteries, but is small. With your iPod and this small device, you can then tune any FM radio to one of the four preset devices and play your iPod! For example, I now play my iPod through my home stereo with this little device. This device can easily be found at any Best Buy.

While the Bose speaker system is fantastic, it is expensive. The Altech Lansing speaker system is also great. It's very portable (can use batteries or AC adapter) and even comes with its own carrying case. The iPod will charge as it plays. The speakers aren't movable, but they collapse to make transportation easy.

Lastly, iPods scratch. You might want to invest in or buy as gifts an iPod scratch remover/polisher kit. You can find more info here.

Side note: Plenty of cases have been discussed, but now there are special U2 iPod cases. Not sure how good they are yet as they won't come out until the end of January. I bought a leather case, with a hole in front for the click wheel and a plastic protector for the screen. It also has a clip so it can clip to your belt or pants or whatever. It's about $30. I highly recommend a case of some sort to assist with carrying the iPod and preventing scratches. :yes:

Last edited:
i was just wondering, anyone know how i can delete songs off of my computer but still leave them in my itunes library so that i can delete them off of my hardrive, without having them deleted off of my ipod upon insertion?

shrmn8rpoptart said:
i was just wondering, anyone know how i can delete songs off of my computer but still leave them in my itunes library so that i can delete them off of my hardrive, without having them deleted off of my ipod upon insertion?

If you switch to a manual sync, this can be done.

Yep, but I would test it first. Before you start deleting, plug your iPod in (with manual on) and make sure they are not syncing automagically.

I've always had mine in manual mode because I have lots of music that I don't want gracing my iPod. In manual mode, you simply click and drag songs and/or playlists over to your iPod.

One of the few drawbacks is that your playcounts/ratings won't be synced up between iTunes and iPod.

The headphones that come with the iPod suck, so if you can afford it, go out and get yourself a nice pair of Shure (brand name) earbud headphones. I just got mine (around $130 for the high-end E3 version) and they're amazing. You wear them in your ear canal, which is weird at first, but the sound is almost perfect.

Shure used to make the in-ear headphones that singers wear on-stage, and now that the technology has come along so far, they can sell it affordably to the masses. Gotta love it.

Damn, I was excited to get the ipod for Xmas, and still am of course, but $350 US is apparently just the beginning....sounds like you could easily end up dropping close to $1000 all toll

LyricalDrug said:
The headphones that come with the iPod suck, so if you can afford it, go out and get yourself a nice pair of Shure (brand name) earbud headphones. I just got mine (around $130 for the high-end E3 version) and they're amazing. You wear them in your ear canal, which is weird at first, but the sound is almost perfect.

Shure used to make the in-ear headphones that singers wear on-stage, and now that the technology has come along so far, they can sell it affordably to the masses. Gotta love it.

I tried the Sony in-ear headphones and just can't get over how deep that thing gets. It's like something is touching me from the inside! A little freaky. So, no in-ear for me.

I then bought the Bose Tri-Port headphones for $150. It's all great at first, but after a while, because it completely covers my ears, it started giving me the seashell effect - hearing the ocean because of blood flow - and interfered with my music listening.

Now, I'm back with my $10 Sony ear buds. It's still best! :shrug:

Just a heads up for people out there who get speakers...

Make sure that you change your equalizer setting to "Small Speakers". Not everyone realizes that should be done...but it can make a huge difference in sound quality.

Greetings from a poor guy who doesn't have iPod!!!

:lmao: .....................:sad: .................:grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom