iPod classes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
only if they can tell me why, despite the fact that the ipod is supposed to charge up when connected to the computer, it actually zaps all of the battery juice out of the damned thing.

same here. :mad:

it's supposed to charge but there seems to be a bug in a few of them that actually zaps the iPod of all it's battery power when it's connected to your computer.

so baisicly you have to get all the songs you want to move ready before you even hook the thing up, and you have to make sure that you have full battery strength when you do, and disconnect it once everything's copied.

it's annoying.

DeadMansParty said:
hahaha, my friend Colin teaches those classes at the apple store in Costa Mesa.

Really, DMP? Perhaps your friend might attend the next JT function and those of us with questions could bring our iPods for some assistance. Is your friend aware of the latest "attachments"? :giggle:

So I was thinking of making a thread about I-pod stupid questions but guess this will work...not that any of the questions made in here are stupid...:reject: so here is the first stupid question that is...

I have the 30 GB I-Pod and I'm reaching it's full capacity, should I leave some free space or can I use all the memory? I mean will it be slower or cause me any problems if I have the 30 GB ocuppied?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it's supposed to charge but there seems to be a bug in a few of them that actually zaps the iPod of all it's battery power when it's connected to your computer.

so baisicly you have to get all the songs you want to move ready before you even hook the thing up, and you have to make sure that you have full battery strength when you do, and disconnect it once everything's copied.

it's annoying.

That has to do with your computer, not your iPod. It means that your USB/Firewire connection isn't powered, so if it isn't powered, it can't charge your iPod. And, yes, when you transfer songs, it does use up a lot of power. That's normal.

Try hooking it up to a different computer and see if it recharges.

Melon

RedrocksU2 said:
...no problems if it's full.
Do you have the Video 30 Gb? ....or the 3rd Generation?

3rd Generation I thinking of selling mine to my brother and buying the 60 GB Video I-pod but just for the memory I'm really not interested in the video it's to impractical in my opinion, which one do you have?

...the 5th Generation, 30 Gb with video of course.
You know, I was thinking the same thing about buying the one with video capabilities....I was just not interested in it, but when I saw that it was the same price as the old 20 Gb ($299) and thinner....I bought it for $269...with the student discount that is available online :)shh: )...which is 10% off from the normal price of $299. And I got it engraved...27 characters can be placed on the back.....but you probably already know this....

After buying the "With or without you" and "Vertigo" videos for $1.99 ea.........I was glad I hadf the video version.

Word of caution for the owners of the BLACK 5th generation iPod.....DO NOT BUY THE iPod SOCK!

102604ipod_sock.jpg

IT LEAVES "STREAKS" AFTER A PERIOD OF TIME ACROSS THE WHEEL OF THE UNIT.

:mad:

RedrocksU2 said:
...the 5th Generation, 30 Gb with video of course.
You know, I was thinking the same thing about buying the one with video capabilities....I was just not interested in it, but when I saw that it was the same price as the old 20 Gb ($299) and thinner....I bought it for $269...with the student discount that is available online :)shh: )...which is 10% off from the normal price of $299. And I got it engraved...27 characters can be placed on the back.....but you probably already know this....

After buying the "With or without you" and "Vertigo" videos for $1.99 ea.........I was glad I hadf the video version.

The thing is I really don't see myself seeing the videos in such a small screen and I alredy went to an apple store to check them out but they are really cool by the way what did you engrave on yours? I wanted to do it but we don't get that service in Mexico so I had a friend buy mine in Miami

....the image on the screen is about half of a dvd quality.....which is still very good!

I engraved "..........Swinging to music".............from Vertigo.

Can't you order it online?

RedrocksU2 said:
....the image on the screen is about half of a dvd quality.....which is still very good!

I engraved "..........Swinging to music".............from Vertigo.

Can't you order it online?

only US and Canadian address, that was about 7-8 months ago but I think they still don't deliver them to Mexico, the thing is I'm running out of space and still have at least 2 thousand songs so I'm really thinking of buying the 60 GB

RedrocksU2 said:
Word of caution for the owners of the BLACK 5th generation iPod.....DO NOT BUY THE iPod SOCK!

102604ipod_sock.jpg

IT LEAVES "STREAKS" AFTER A PERIOD OF TIME ACROSS THE WHEEL OF THE UNIT.

:mad:

What kind of streak does it leave?? :huh: I'm waiting for the Black iPod to show up in the mail and I still have like 4 socks from my old iPod that are basically brand new.

Back
Top Bottom