ipod battery life question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
i know i've noticed with my own ipod battery and i've read others complaining about the battery life not lasting the full 15 hours or whatever it's supposed to be.

i was just wondering if any of you who had had problems with short battery life actually charge your battery for 5 hours?

i just saw this in small print on the apple website:

The iPod battery can be charged up to 80 percent capacity in 3 hours; a full charge takes just 5 hours.

i don't think i've ever had my ipod charging for 5 hours.

just a thought. :shrug:

I plug mine in every night since I use it pretty much every day. I read that if you don't use the back light it helps lengthen the battery life (makes sense!). And it's also supposed to make a difference if you have the EQ on and if you shuffle through you whole library and how much you have to scroll through and how much you do that. :blahblah: You get the idea.

well it seems that a lot of the times with new batteries it is best to completely wear them out before recharging them. doing this several times usually increases their life - or so i've heard. i plug my in often enough to not have the battery life be an issue at all.

I had mine on for 5 hours the other day, was on a 2.5 hour return bus trip. So had the ipod on on both ways. 2 x 2.5 hours = 5 hours.

I was scrolling alot and playing about as I'd just added some new songs and wanted to hear them. Just as I was almost home after the 5 hours it kept flashing saying "battery low"... then it just cut out. good timing or what? LOL

I can't remember how long I had it on charge though, and I wasn't using the backlight.

Oh, and I'm using the U2 ipod. :)

i'm trying to figure out how it charged itself when i had it plugged into the computer (and not the wall) while i was making playlists.

the backlight looks like it drains the battery in a big way, or maybe i'm imagining it. but there's definetly a drain there.

IWasBored said:
i'm trying to figure out how it charged itself when i had it plugged into the computer (and not the wall) while i was making playlists.

You can charge them through the computer as well as plugged into the wall. I've only NOT charged mine through the computer once. I think it might be a little slower to charge through the computer, but I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom