ipod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
Does anyone own one?
I'd like to bother you and ask you questions if you do. :up:

hey laura, i have a 20gb ipod which is amazing, really great apart from the battery which is starting to weaken as it gets older, im getting a Philips HDD120 in december though, its the competition to the 20gb ipod and its alot better, better battery life,its cheaper, built in voice recorder and it looks amazing! ;)

achtung davy said:
hey laura, i have a 20gb ipod which is amazing, really great apart from the battery which is starting to weaken as it gets older, im getting a Philips HDD120 in december though, its the competition to the 20gb ipod and its alot better, better battery life,its cheaper, built in voice recorder and it looks amazing! ;)

Yes I was going to ask about the battery life. Is it up to much?

I was offered one for Christmas but I think I'll wait to get one after Christmas, do you think they will be down in price by then? Or should I wait for this Philips one. I have also heard something about Sony bringing something out that's quite similiar. A boy in work was ranting about it. I'm a bit confused by all these music players.

:up:

yea the battery has a life of its own, you can buy new ones on ebay though, i still think ipods are great, heres a picture of the philips, its been out for a while now

2377_super.jpg

i just want one that's easy to use, has a good battery life, isn't that expensive (remember, we're students) and I can store loads of my songs on it so when I go away I don't have to bring loads and loads of cd's.

:up:

The newer Ipods (4th gen) have improved battery life, they say 12hrs. Mine is a 3rd gen and I get about 7 hrs out of it. It really isn't an issue for me because I have a car charger, and if i go to a friends house I'll bring the AC adapter. They're easy to use. But get a good warranty.

what about an ipod mini? theyre cheaper but only hold about a thousand songs? they come in a range of girly colours too

specstop_20040719_03.jpg

achtung davy said:
what about an ipod mini? theyre cheaper but only hold about a thousand songs? they come in a range of girly colours too

specstop_20040719_03.jpg

how are green and blue girly colours? :lol:

I need something with more room than that. The last time I counted (last year) I had 300 cds.

I have an ipod - can't imagine now not having one - I have a third generation and am thinking aobut upgrading to the 4th generation come christmas for the improved battery life. If you're into music (who isn't here?) the ipod is great

I love my iPod -- 3rd generation. If you're a big music fan as opposed to just U2 and a little here or there, I would highly recommend the new 20g 4th gen. I am in no danger of running out of space but I have gone over the mini's 4g level already -- 1500 for over 5g and not all my albums are on it yet.

I would highly recommend you check out iPodlounge.com -- they're great! Reviews of products, message boards if you have questions, etc.

It totally is, but it does do some great product reviews. I used them when I was looking for a skin for my iPod. And if you have particular questions about buying an iPod -- battery life, what size you would need -- they are much more knowledgable of a community than we are here when it comes to iPods.

Back
Top Bottom