INXS Reality show on CBS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
Whoo Hoo!

I can't wait. The great TV network and INXS have joined forces to replace Mike! Whoo Hooo! I just saw the commercial during CSI. Holy Shit! Holy Shit! Holy Shit!:mad:

Hmmm...

I always loved INXS, so I'm unsure how to think about this. Part of me feels it might be kind of cool, and the other part of me is, well...quite pessimistic about the whole thing. I guess we'll soon find out.

starsgoblue said:
Imagine if, God forbid, something happened to Bono for instance. Would you wanna see the remainder of the band do something like this? :no:

I want Radiohead to do this. Thommy dead or alive.

This will be interesting.

It couldn't be a more perfect band for me. I like them and theyre music and am really interested, but I have no emotional attatchment to them, so I will be watchign with bated breath.

Hopefully we get it over here in Aus. Sure we will.

TheRooster said:
Wow CBS has reached Fox lows. Not to be outdone NBC will try to replace both George Harrison and John Lennon in the Reality Show "Be a Beatle"

:lmao:

Dont' forget Paul. Remember, Paul is dead.

This is gonna be so-ooo COOL !! :applaud:
I cannot wait for this show to air ...
I truly miss Michael Hutchence ... he was such a good singer, performer !!
GREAT SONGS from a GREAT BAND !!
Absolutely :love: this band !! :drool:

Last edited:
MsMofoGone said:
This is gonna be so-ooo COOL !! :applaud:
I cannot wait for this show to air ...
I truly miss Michael Hutchence ... he was such a good singer, performer !!
GREAT SONGS from a GREAT BAND !!
Absolutely :love: this band !! :drool:

To quote the great Mr McEnroe, you cannot be fucking serious?

Sit down child, and let me learn you something. Reality TV is a boil on the arse of television and a crime in the name of entertainment. These shows which endeavour to find the next best star are an absolute disgrace to the music industry, and a lamenting funeral hymn to the musicians who work damned hard to get the success they earned by their slogging and talent.
To suggest that pairing this godawful concept with the legacy that Michael Hutchence left, with the remaining band members, is somehow 'cool', is a travesty. INXS was one of the greatest bands the world ever knew in the 80s and 90s, and to fill his place with nothing more than a posturing competition, is insane. It is entirely preposterous.
There are many Australian musicians who were around in the same era who could fill this job - not as a replacement Michael - but to continue on the brand of music that INXS took to the world stage. Musicians whom most of you wont even know, but musicians who were of a similar vein to INXS, yet the band choose to go down this route. That can only mean one thing, that they wish to become what this entire concept can only produce - a final insult to his memory, a joke. We wont get anything like what we saw when they were together, and I certainly hope no one is honestly expecting a great band to emerge from this. It just wont happen.

MumblingBono said:
What a horrible, pathetic idea for a show. So some assclown from middle America is going to replace Michael Hutchence.

That sucks :angry: Michael is unreplacable

Angela Harlem said:

To suggest that pairing this godawful concept with the legacy that Michael Hutchence left, with the remaining band members, is somehow 'cool', is a travesty. INXS was one of the greatest bands the world ever knew in the 80s and 90s, and to fill his place with nothing more than a posturing competition, is insane. It is entirely preposterous.

:heart:

Even the reality junkie whore in me can't argue with that.

Angela Harlem said:

Sit down child, and let me learn you something. Reality TV is a boil on the arse of television and a crime in the name of entertainment. These shows which endeavour to find the next best star are an absolute disgrace to the music industry, and a lamenting funeral hymn to the musicians who work damned hard to get the success they earned by their slogging and talent.
There are many Australian musicians who were around in the same era who could fill this job - not as a replacement Michael - but to continue on the brand of music that INXS took to the world stage. Musicians whom most of you wont even know, but musicians who were of a similar vein to INXS, yet the band choose to go down this route. That can only mean one thing, that they wish to become what this entire concept can only produce - a final insult to his memory, a joke. We wont get anything like what we saw when they were together, and I certainly hope no one is honestly expecting a great band to emerge from this. It just wont happen.

Beautiful.
goodpost.gif

When you pander to the masses you'll end up with the lowest common denominator. Look at American Idol. This is truly disgusting.

Booooo !! I really like Inxs and I feel Mike was one of the great frontmen in R&R ever (not the best, but one of them). Inxs is no more and it should remain that way. Don't go and find anyone new (Gary Sherone anyone?) and DO NOT go on tv to resurect your careers !! Come on now :mad:

I think often about what kind of music Inxs would be doing right now if Mike was still around and I think they'd still be huge.

By the way, Never Tear Us Apart was my wedding song.:wink:

Originally posted by Angela Harlem

To suggest that pairing this godawful concept with the legacy that Michael Hutchence left, with the remaining band members, is somehow 'cool', is a travesty.

I chose COOL ?? Oops ... I can't believe I said that !! What I meant was COLD !! I can see that I should have explained why I cannot wait for this show to air !! Truthfully, I want to see who they REALLY think they could find to actually replace Michael Hutchence ... That is why I said how much I miss him and he was such a good singer and performer of Inxs ... The scenario here of course, is that Michael Hutchence could NOT be replaced ... inless the group is planning on changing their whole image all together. But, I would only want to remember Inxs for what songs they used to perform with Michael, and not re-invent them as a GREAT band WITHOUT him in the group or because of the possibility of new song material ... This reminds me of what happened to the band, Journey. (Same scenario but different situation as without the TV show or the lead vocalist's death) Indeed, their lead singer was replaced by another singer who sounded very similar to their lead vocalist, but in NO WAY can he EVER replace the original singer or could I ever like the new music of Journey either.
Only the music that was performed in the 80's and 90's with Steve Perry is worth remembering and listening to ...

Angela Harlem said:

You are so right. And yet I won't be able to resist watching. Sick, sick, sick. :reject:

Angela Harlem said:
i agree. i've not heard any of the music they did with the other fill-ins, but i know they recorded a single with jon stevens and from what i read it went over well? even so, i just think this whole "we're gonna find our new singer on a fucking reality show" cheapens michael's death. i personally think it's fine if they wanted to go on under a different name. to me inxs will always be michael hutchence, andrew farriss, jon farriss, tim farriss, garry gary beers, and kirk pengilly. but some bands like van halen - or should i say van hagar :wink: - and ac/dc have gone on to have great successes under the same name but with a different singer (even though the original singer was extremely charismatic, it's not like they just kicked out a crap singer).

i guess it just depends, really. and the execution of how the singer is replaced depends on a lot as well. in all these cases, they held auditions. that's fine, but to air it on television reality style? i'm terrified this is going to be like american idol where we'll get several shows of: "inxs rock star: see the awesomely bad rejects!" with some cheesy announcer poking fun at some fat kid singing "love will keep us together" opera-style saying about how they couldn't believe he thought he'd be the next michael hutchence.

i'm sure michael is turning in his grave, and not because he's being replaced, but because his tragic, horrible death (no matter how you think he died - suicide, autoerotic asphyxiation, or "murder" his death was tragic) is being reduced to a fucking reality series. i agree with angie that they are just the lowest of television series. and now the lowest of the low (reality series) has hit a new low: this series.

Jon Stevens was excellent as Michael Hutchence's replacement, and it's too bad he chose to leave. I saw them perform a few years back and it was incredible.

The single you refer to is "I Get Up" which was only available in Australia, if I remember correctly. It was a catchy tune.

phanan said:
Jon Stevens was excellent as Michael Hutchence's replacement, and it's too bad he chose to leave. I saw them perform a few years back and it was incredible.

The single you refer to is "I Get Up" which was only available in Australia, if I remember correctly. It was a catchy tune.
indeed it was! it's also available on itunes though. mayhaps i should check it out.

those inxs guys sure know how to pay tribute to their dead buddy that they must respect so much......

:barf:

fucking wankers.
they must need money bad.

I hate this idea with the fire of a thousand suns.

If the Farris brothers and company wish to carry on making music, they have every right to do so. But they should have the decency and class to retire the INXS name, and move in another direction. Their lead singer died in a tragic way, he is still missed and to attempt to replace this irreplaceable man on a reality show couldn't be more wrong.

Back
Top Bottom