INXS from 1992 - soooooo underrated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
B000066ROD.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Kick gets all the attention! Welcome To Wherever You Are gets buried.

Heaven Sent
Communication
Taste It
Not Enough Time
All Around
Beautiful Girl

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Meh.

Heaven Sent had a very promising opening 20 seconds or so, but the rest of the song didn't live up to the potential of that opening riff.

I thought X was the last really good INXS album.

Have to agree with Zoot here. I think Welcome is where INXS became something more than just a fun radio band (or maybe back to what they were when they started). It's not wholly successful, but that's the difference between them and a truly important band like U2.

And I really loved how dirty Heaven Sent sounded considering the polish of the two records that preceeded it. That harmonica on Suicide Blonde? God that shit is terrible.

Full Moon, Dirty Hearts is also underrated, but doesn't have the highlights of Welcome. Aren't Ray Charles and Chrissy Hynde on that one? How the hell did they score those cameos.

Anyway, thanks to this post, now I have to dig both out of the closet...

Taste It is amazing,,,,as is Beautiful Girl and The Gift.

This INXS era gets me nostalgic about Australia in the early 90's, it is the sound track of the nation for that period.

a band that is comparable to u2 in terms of their musical stylings and mainstream success

its a shame they have kicked on (with the name INXS) after hutch died, they (by them i mean the farriss brothers) should have called themselves a different name or started a new group, especially how they had to get a new front man through a talent show contest - as this is pretty much a form of selling their souls

because INXS WAS the farriss brothers AND hutch

the dvd live baby live is one to be enjoyed by all

Great pop tunes. I think this album got lost in the airwaves that were 1992. Good straight forward pop tunes didn't make the airwaves in 92.

Zootlesque said:
B000066ROD.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Kick gets all the attention! Welcome To Wherever You Are gets buried.

Heaven Sent
Communication
Taste It
Not Enough Time
All Around
Beautiful Girl

:drool: :drool: :drool:

:bow:

Baby Don't Cry! :dance:
Men And Women :up:

And Heaven Sent is suddenly so 2007 again, with Prince's song Guitar also having echoes of that one.

Nate Dogg said:
Probably my favorite INXS album. Strange Desire:up:

Strange Desire is my favorite by far. I love how it starts.

This album really takes me back to my mid teenage years.
Maybe not my favorite INXS album, but its up there.

This really is an incredible album. It's the kind you listen to on good headphones late at night, and you hear every note and sound so very clearly. Nostalgic alright.

:(

Back
Top Bottom