INXS comment on U2 Video SIAMYCGOO - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #61
Fan & Taper

Local Time: 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ozeeko
yea it's possible it was an accident. Either way, the guys no longer with us so we should just respect him and INXS should've respected him by bowing out gracefully, rather than turning a tragedy into a freak show all in the name of publicity and money.
From someone that didn't watch the show, nor has listened to any of the new music, you are in no position to call it a freak show.

The BAND (minus M.H.) has tons of talent, and has a right to continue. J.D. has a good voice and is doing fine singing the old songs. There are some new songs that are every bit as good as their old ones, so it's not like they took the money and ran off.

People could say the same type of things for U2. "When POP failed, they just returned to their "old sound" with ATYCLB". or "U2 sold out with the iPod ad" or "fill in the blank".

People need to be more forgiving of shit. I doubt half of you would be pissed if the INXS guys hadn't said shit about our "beloved" Bono

Old 01-30-2006, 12:28 AM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chrisedge
People need to be more forgiving of shit. I doubt half of you would be pissed if the INXS guys hadn't said shit about our "beloved" Bono
I was pissed at the INX$ guys for replacing Michael via reality TV long before they commented on Bono and Stuck in a Moment. And I see no reason to be forgiving of something I consider incredibly disrespectful. It's called having an opinion.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:58 AM   #63
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I've read so much about the grief Bono has felt over the years with the death of Michael Hutchence that I don't believe anything I've read about this being something Bono was trying to capitalize on.
Bono has mentioned on several occasions he wished he could have been there more for him.. I'm sure it's here in forums somewhere how worried, even Ali was. about Michael H. before he died
Since my other computer has crashed I can't search very effectivly. (this one's too slow)
Bono doesn't have to justify what he does in tribute to someone he obiviously cared a great deal about.
Just another example of someone using the U2/Bono name.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:48 AM   #64
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:19 AM
crys

I don't think that J.D. does either, looks like Michael at all. He is trying to sound like him and he is not him. haven't bought the new album and will not see them in concert because the man that I loved and still love will not be there singing.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:41 AM   #65
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal

worst attempt at making a point ever.
Well, this is from the same guy who asserted that the remaining musicisians of INXS were no good at all, so, obviously, it wouldn't be wise to pay too much attention to your judgement.

But anyway, instead of posting single sentences mocking other people's posts, why don't you convince us that your assertions are backed up by some arguments and reason? Unless, of course.....
Old 01-30-2006, 06:06 AM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:19 AM
I would imagine there is a little bit of jealousy from INXS, since both U2 and them were playing stadiums in late 80's early nineties and then INXS were playing half empty theaters on their 1997 US tour.

There may also be a problem with the fact that Bono is friends with Bob Geldof, who was the ex-husband of Hutchence's fiancee and was highly troublesome with custody rights regarding Paula Yates's kids.

INXS are also close friends with ACDC, and they changed singers without breaking a sweat.

It should also be noted that INXS seperately tried out 2 singers in the years prior to the TV show.

I'm still a bit weirded out that the opening song of their world tour is "Suicide Blonde".

u2fp
Old 01-30-2006, 07:28 AM   #67
Refugee

Local Time: 09:19 PM
Its still too early to know if INXS is going to make this! INXS unfortunately left it too long to find another frontman, its a real shame that Jon Stevens did not work out, I think INXS could have made with him, because like ACDC they just needed to keep playing the classics and drip filtering new songs as they went along!
I think the real test is when they will tour Australia.
I remeber seeing INXS in Centennial Park Sydney for Dr Victor Chang's legacy and how it was amazing, i was so close to Michael, God i loved those striped pants he used to wear!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 08:11 AM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Hutch was an excellent singer. This from a HuGE INXS fan from back in the day.

As a fan, the Reality Show did make me feel a bit squeemish. It was a total money grab and I still don't reconcile this in my thoughts that they really did find Michael's replacement exactly that way.

But for Farris to say that about Bono, the song and the Video doesn't say much about him personally. It's a tribute to his friend and U2's friend so how could it be construed as anything other than paying respects to him?

Everyon'es entitled to an opinion but how could have this been twisted into anything but good?
Old 01-30-2006, 11:25 AM   #69
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by fly so high!
its a real shame that Jon Stevens did not work out, I think INXS could have made with him, because like ACDC they just needed to keep playing the classics and drip filtering new songs as they went along!
I'll second that. I saw INXS a few years back when they toured with Jon Stevens, and I thought it was excellent. It was too bad that incarnation didn't work out and release an album.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:46 PM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:19 AM
rumour: north america arena dates in MAY
Old 01-30-2006, 01:40 PM   #71
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man

Well, this is from the same guy who asserted that the remaining musicisians of INXS were no good at all, so, obviously, it wouldn't be wise to pay too much attention to your judgement.

But anyway, instead of posting single sentences mocking other people's posts, why don't you convince us that your assertions are backed up by some arguments and reason? Unless, of course.....
my assertions, in this case, are only my opinion. you're the one that tried to turn this into a "factual" argument. in other words, you're full of shit.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:26 PM   #72
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

my assertions, in this case, are only my opinion. you're the one that tried to turn this into a "factual" argument. in other words, you're full of shit.
Is that really the best you can do?

Resorting to infantile attacks?

mikal, I'm not impressed - but I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that you wouldn't take up/weren't capable of taking up the challenge I offered you. I had a slight hope, though - right until I read your response here.

Do I have to tell you that an opinion can also be backed up by reasoning and arguments? It's called an educated opinion . Ever heard of that?

I guess not.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:20 PM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by fly so high!

I think the real test is when they will tour Australia.

I remeber seeing INXS in Centennial Park Sydney for Dr Victor Chang's legacy and how it was amazing, i was so close to Michael, God i loved those striped pants he used to wear!!!
I would expect a fairly similar response to the one they got at the Concert For Life actually.

What happened to these supposed March tour dates?
Old 01-31-2006, 01:56 AM   #74
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man

Is that really the best you can do?

Resorting to infantile attacks?

mikal, I'm not impressed - but I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that you wouldn't take up/weren't capable of taking up the challenge I offered you. I had a slight hope, though - right until I read your response here.

Do I have to tell you that an opinion can also be backed up by reasoning and arguments? It's called an educated opinion . Ever heard of that?

I guess not.
challenge? what kind of person are you? i don't walk around during the day challenging people. i enjoy other people and try to encourage them as much as possible. i think if we all encourage each other a little more, everyone will succeed a lot more.

as far as your opinion statement, i really just didn't feel like justifying my opinion. sometimes i just like to blurt things out. and if people don't like what i have to blurt, i don't really care. i just think you were too easily agitated by my comment, and maybe we need to look past the comment itself, and find what really triggered your challenge.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:04 AM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life

Well, at least this was better than your previous against-the-forum-rules post.

Quote:

challenge? what kind of person are you? i don't walk around during the day challenging people. i enjoy other people and try to encourage them as much as possible. i think if we all encourage each other a little more, everyone will succeed a lot more.
You are the same person who wrote the previous posts under the username 'mikal' in this thread, right? Because this is hypocrisy at its very, very worst. Isn't it overwhelmingly ironical that a person who has just called another person 'full of shit' now starts asking preaching questions about what kiiiiind of a person that other guy is? I think you would be better off asking yourself that question.

As to your thoughts about encouraging people, well, let's look at your recent history in here:

- you call the remaining musicians of INXS no good at all.

- you call other people's post "the worst attempt at making a point ever"

- and again, you call other people "full of shit"

Is that really your idea of encouraging people? To me it appears to be quite the opposite. Do you understand if some people might doubt whether you're able to live up to your own high-flown words here?

So the word 'challenge' is negative for you? That is certainly alien to me. To me a challenge is stimulating and encouraging! in itself. It's a 'test of one's abilities or resources in a demanding but stimulating undertaking'. Like in 'a challenging career'. Do you honestly think that is a negative phrase? I'd say the opposite would be a lot worse to most people!

Quote:

as far as your opinion statement, i really just didn't feel like justifying my opinion. sometimes i just like to blurt things out.
I blurt opinions out here too, but as opposed to you, I actually expect people to challenge my opinion when I post it on an online message board. I think you own the people that you address to elaborate on your opinion by request. It's a lot better than immature attacks on the same people.

And, honestly, if you don't like to see people 'challenge' your opinion, you might want to think twice before you 'blurt' it out in the general discussion area on an online message board!

Quote:

if people don't like what i have to blurt, i don't really care.
Obviously not true, just read through this thread!

Quote:
Originially posted by mikal

maybe we need to look past the comment itself, and find what really triggered your challenge.
Go ahead, instead of just insinuating things.