INXS comment on U2 Video SIAMYCGOO - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2006, 04:58 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

it's just rather hypocritical of them to say bono should get over it and yet there are songs on their new album about hutch as well. what, it's different because they knew the man for 20 years? give me a break. (that's directed at him, not you )
I didn't see where they said that Bono should 'get over it'. They just asked an almost rhetorical question: "in some ways I think it's better to let things go, right?". That could be aimed at themselves as well as Bono, admitting at the same time that it's hard to do that. Neither did I see where anyone said that things were different because they knew the man for 20 years.

- and do we know what context this was said in? Nope.

Old 01-28-2006, 05:13 PM   #32
Fan & Taper

Local Time: 03:46 AM
All I gotta say, is I saw INXS last night with J.D. and they kicked ass. He did a great job, the band was terrific sounding and J.D. was a great singer. Now, he's no Michael, but who is?

This is from someone that saw INXS back in the day, as well.

Old 01-28-2006, 05:22 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrisedge
All I gotta say, is I saw INXS last night with J.D. and they kicked ass. He did a great job, the band was terrific sounding and J.D. was a great singer. Now, he's no Michael, but who is?

Sounds great

I take that as proof that what died 8 years ago wasn't the only good thing in INXS, as someone stated at the beginning of this thread.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:52 PM   #34
Refugee

Local Time: 11:46 AM
Quote:

Were we at the same concert?

I came out thinking the whole thing was a rip off, was not impressed with the singer, and feel like those songs should only be sung by MH
Old 01-28-2006, 06:59 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man

Sounds great

I take that as proof that what died 8 years ago wasn't the only good thing in INXS, as someone stated at the beginning of this thread.
one's opinion never counts as proof.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:07 PM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by mikal

one's opinion never counts as proof.
Well, if ChrisEdge enjoyed their performance and thought they were good, then they did something good to him, at least, that particular evening. If they are capable of making at least one person happy, then your claim that they are no good at all, is invalid. Proof or not.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:08 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

Well, if ChrisEdge enjoyed their performance and thought they were good, then they did something good to him, at least, that particular evening. If they are capable of making at least one person happy, then your claim that they are no good at all, is invalid. Proof or not.
So does this mean that Kevin Federline is good too?
There must be some freak out there that likes his music.
Say it isn't so.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:21 PM   #38
Refugee

Local Time: 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sting
If your lead singer killed himself and you hadn't found anyone else but you still wanted to play music... I donno... I guess I can't hate them too much.
Well, you could always just take the remaining members of the band and continue your career under a different name as to not tarnish the good name of the old band (*cough*New Order*cough*).

...Or I guess you could whore yourself out to reality TV, too.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:24 PM   #39
Fan & Taper

Quote:

I would have to say 99% of the people there thought the show was great. I've never seen more people show up for an opener before (Marty Casey And The Lovehammers, the guy that finished 2nd on RS INXS) and the crowd was on there feet the whole INXS show. Like I said, the band sounded great, and while some folks may prefer that INXS never plays M.H. songs again, I think J.D. did a great job "covering" them. My wife was extremely impressed with the way the band sounded. I saw tons of people screaming at Mig when he walked by, I also saw "House Band Guy" and Mark Burnett. I had more fun at this concert than I've had in a while at a show.

People here need to like some other bands besides U2 Coldplay, Green Day, now INXS all get trashed and are great bands. You can like other bands too...

I think U2RMW is just pissed he never saw them with M.H.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:25 PM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

So does this mean that Kevin Federline is good too?
There must be some freak out there that likes his music.
Say it isn't so.
The same thing applies to him, yes. You can scream all you want.

If someone thinks he's good, then you cannot say that he's no good at all. He might be to you, but not to all people
Old 01-28-2006, 08:26 PM   #41
Fan & Taper

Oh, and if I had one complaint I would say they should have played more of there new songs...
Old 01-28-2006, 10:27 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:16 AM
I’m not sure in what context the comment was made…but it’s still an awfully shitty thing to say. Could it be that he’s envious of U2’s continued success and longevity?

With regards to the current lineup of INXS, it really is rather lame. Would we continue to call U2 by the same name if Bono departed? Hutchence played that same band-identifying role that Bono does now.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:44 AM   #43
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
People here need to like some other bands besides U2 Coldplay, Green Day, now INXS all get trashed and are great bands. You can like other bands too...
there are people out there that only like U2?

and as for what was said earlier, one person liking this new incarnation of inxs (and another not) is merely just proof that everyone's entitled to their own opinion
Old 01-29-2006, 03:12 AM   #44
Fan & Taper

Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil
With regards to the current lineup of INXS, it really is rather lame. Would we continue to call U2 by the same name if Bono departed? Hutchence played that same band-identifying role that Bono does now.
The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd and MANY other bands have had personel changes and still kept their names. Andrew Farris wrote all the songs back in the day, and he still writes them today.

I discussed this with my wife. She is a huge Depeche Mode fan, and I liken'd it to Dave Gahan leaving the band. Martin Gore writes all the songs (well he let Dave write a few for this new album) and I would have no problem with Martin Gore, carry'ing on DM as a band if Dave died.

And it's not like they hired this new singer a week after Michael died. It's been 8 years...good for them to move on, and keep some fans happy.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:15 AM   #45
Refugee

Local Time: 11:46 AM
What if Mick Jagger commited suicide. What if Robert Plant commited suicide. What if BONO committed suicide. Imagine a reality TV show about trying to replace that singer. Remember: the old singer COMMITTED SUICIDE. Not only is it in bad taste, it's just morally wrong. Have fucking respect for the dead. And to me seems really twisted for a reality tv show. Replacing a singer that COMMITED SUICIDE. Messed up.