INXS comment on U2 Video SIAMYCGOO - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2006, 07:11 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:57 AM
The lyrics to Stuck are a bit too self-help bookish for my taste, but INXS replacing Michael via a cheesy reality show is 1,000,000 times worse.

And I don't even know what Tim Farriss is talking about when he says Bono looks like Michael in the Stuck video.

Old 01-27-2006, 07:30 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:57 PM
Well, maybe Tim Farriss and Garry Beers see things in Bono's performance in the video that we just cannot see because we weren't as close to Hutch as they were.

Old 01-27-2006, 07:55 PM   #18
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:57 AM
Hes talking a pile of shite.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:10 PM   #19
The Fly

Local Time: 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man
Well, maybe Tim Farriss and Garry Beers see things in Bono's performance in the video that we just cannot see because we weren't as close to Hutch as they were.
Good point....I can't stand the idea of J.D. singing Hutch's songs.
And, U2 Man, I love your Bernese!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 08:32 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:57 AM
Re: INXS comment on U2 Video SIAMYCGOO

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

"I'm not really sure what that was all about and in some ways I think it's better to let things go, right?" Tim says.
I find this quote from Tim Farriss very ironic, since it has been documented, that of all the remaining members of INXS, Tim is the one who has had the hardest time letting Michael's death go.

Apparently, Tim and Michael got in a huge fight the day before Michael was found dead and some of Tim's last words to Michael were to the effect that Michael was f#@*ng up his life. Then Michael kills himself the next day, and according to INXS's authorized biography, Tim still beats himself up to this day about the things he said and Michael's death in general.

Furthermore, how we as individuals deal with the death of someone we love is really nobody else's business to comment on. If a sad, hurting soul wants to write a song about it, another shouldn't be allowed to judge how the songwriter chooses to express his grief. SIAMYCGOO is not dedicated to Michael Hutchene on All That You Can't Leave Behind and the video is not dedicated to him. So it doesn't appear af if U2 were trying to garner attention or capitalize on the medial circus of Michael's death. Which leads me to conclude that the song was written solely as an outlet for the band's grief.

And no one had to a right to judge how someone chooses to grieve.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:21 PM   #21
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry
exactly. just because they quickly decided he could be replaced by one singer after another and then ultimately replaced via a reality show doesn't mean bono's not entitled to write a song about a conversation he wishes he'd had with hutch. (iirc, he said that's what stuck's about?)
Old 01-28-2006, 01:35 AM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:57 AM
Re: Re: INXS comment on U2 Video SIAMYCGOO

Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry

Furthermore, how we as individuals deal with the death of someone we love is really nobody else's business to comment on.

That should also apply to the members of INXS, but that doesn't stop many people from judging and commenting on it. Too bad.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:38 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Bono could die, U2 could replace him with Carrot-Top, and they'd still be 10x better than what INXS did to themselves.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:44 AM   #24
The Fly

And at least 2 of the songs on the new INXS Album are about Micheal Hutchence(God's Top Ten and Afterglow)... so I don't know what he is talking about.

It hurts me to see a band who despite putting themselves on a reality show to find a new singer, had some good songs. I understand why they did the show. If your lead singer killed himself and you hadn't found anyone else but you still wanted to play music... I donno... I guess I can't hate them too much.

It bothers me because despite all the hatred towards them for trying to 'replace' Hutchence, I secretly rooted for this great band who wanted to just keep playing shows and writing music, and when they got an amazing singer like Fortune(say what you want, but the guy can sing), and I actually REALLY like 6 of the 12 songs(the others I am not too into... it isnt a bad CD though)... it bothers me becuase these guys have no right to be insulting the B-Man or U2 for paying tribute and singing about their friend. They should be honoured that anyone would do something like that for an amazing front man. It is just respect.

Damn you... I hope any of what I said makes sense.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:18 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Judging by the ratings, Rock Star: INXS was hardly a "new sensation".......so yeah, the band really has nothing to say (same for Queen, The Doors, whoever else is touring without the original frontman).

At the very least, Rock Star: INXS was produced by Mark Burnett, the man behind the highest quality reality shows ('Survivor', 'Apprentice', 'Eco Challenge'). So despite sort of stomping on their former frontman's grave, at least it was a well done show.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:43 AM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by linrnmsncns

And, U2 Man, I love your Bernese!!!
Thanks
Old 01-28-2006, 01:29 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:57 PM
Yo, INXS!!!

Lost an opportunity to stay in silence
Old 01-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #28
The Fly

Local Time: 09:57 PM
INXS have lost the plot. I mean change the name at least..No Hutchence = No Inxs
Old 01-28-2006, 04:37 PM   #29
New Yorker

When I saw the INXS reality tv show while flipping channels I looked like this:

SIAMYCGOO was an outlet for U2 after Hutchence's passing, it's cruel to say that "it's better to let things go." I don't see what's so horrible about U2 writing a song about their grief. It's documented forever, sure, but that doesn't mean they're unwilling to move on.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:45 PM   #30
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
That should also apply to the members of INXS, but that doesn't stop many people from judging and commenting on it. Too bad.
it's just rather hypocritical of them to say bono should get over it and yet there are songs on their new album about hutch as well. what, it's different because they knew the man for 20 years? give me a break. (that's directed at him, not you )