Inxs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jerr65

Babyface
I'm a big fan of u2 but i was wondering if any hear likes inxs as well

I think INXS is / was fabulous. Very under-rated, I think. I mean I think for the most part they're thought of as just another 80s band. But I think Hutchence's lyrics for the most part work despite simplicity. :tongue: I've been a fan for awhile :tongue: I think they're a favorite around these parts.

BTW Welcome, Jerr :wave:

I love INXS. I bought their Best Of CD recently because all I had of their music was "Listen Like Thieves" and "Kick" on cassette tape. I think they are a very underrated band. I don't think they got taken seriously because their songs were so incredibly catchy, or people assumed Michael Hutchence was just a pretty boy with no substance.

Bono's shades said:
I love INXS. I bought their Best Of CD recently because all I had of their music was "Listen Like Thieves" and "Kick" on cassette tape. I think they are a very underrated band. I don't think they got taken seriously because their songs were so incredibly catchy, or people assumed Michael Hutchence was just a pretty boy with no substance.

Exactly. :drool: "Mediate"

INXS rocks. Michael Hutchence was an incredible vocalist and penned many memorable songs. I would venture to say that INXS was one of the more underrated bands out there, because most people cast them off at the end of the 80's and totally disregarded their 90's work.

INXS has a wide array of catchy songs, many of which you have probably never heard. I also recommend Michael Hutchence's solo album, which delved into some very dark territory.

AJ

I really like INXS. Devil Inside and Need You Tonight are two of my all time favorite songs

Hawk269 said:
I also recommend Michael Hutchence's solo album, which delved into some very dark territory.

AJ

I just ordered that album through half.ebay.com a few days ago! I'm hoping it might arrive tomorrow... :drool:

I've loved INXS since I was 12 or so, not sure when I started listening to them. When Kick came out, I bought that cassette, and I would play it nonstop. I lived on it. I still have that cassette too. I think Michael Hutchence was one of the best songwriters of his time. When the news broke out that he was dead, I cried nonstop. I don't know what else to say about him. Its just sad he's gone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom