Inxs!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2002, 07:02 AM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 11:44 PM
Inxs!!

Who loves 'em?!

Old 09-14-2002, 10:20 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:44 PM

Definitely a pop band I think.....but good stuff.

Old 09-14-2002, 11:37 AM   #3
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:44 PM
I INXS! It's not the same without Michael Hutchence though. Hutch was one of my first rockstar crushes...before I even knew who Bono was! I love their music...I can't think of any song of theirs that I don't like (though I confess, I have not heard all of them). I love "The Stairs"...that's one of my faves.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 09-14-2002, 11:52 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:44 PM
INXS - stuck in a moment

I have INXS - the greatest hits and i think it has some cool songs
like beautiful girl, never tear us apart, heaven sent, suicide blonde and others I like listening to this album once in a while

Old 09-14-2002, 12:15 PM   #5
Refugee

Local Time: 03:44 PM
i loved inxs for years but i was devastated as a fan by his suicide.
I have to admit, i still don't listen to their music too much anymore.

it's such a waste.

bummer.
Old 09-14-2002, 02:14 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Beautiful Girl.....By My Side....Never Tear Us Apart....Need You Tonite...Mediate
Old 09-14-2002, 04:00 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I love INXS, but to me the band kind of died when Hutch did. It's just not the same without him.
Old 09-14-2002, 04:40 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:44 PM
I INXS tooo!
Old 09-14-2002, 05:54 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:44 AM
the water feels warm......

I made a freind about 5 years ago who loves INXS and loved Michael Hutchence about as much as I love U2 and Bono.

She went along twice last year to see INXS in concert with Jon Stevens singing. She knows every nuance of Michael's performance and she felt Jon Stevens is doing an admirable job filling Michael's fabulous shoes. btw it is because of those fabulous shoes, and hearing stories from people who were at the Ritz Carlton the next day...we don't think it was suicide. I know that is what the coroner's report said and what his family wanted us to think.......I shall never forget his funeral, it was televised here in Australia...his coffin covered in irises and one lonely tiger lily. At the alter of the church was this huge white flower wreath. It was from Bono and Ali, a claddagh made from white flowers....from one Mick from 2 Micks...sorry guys,I have told these stories before, but he is very missed .....still.
I met him once briefly, with his mum,when they came into the furnishings store where I worked. Beautiful shy boy, a mass of curls.
One more story....I participated in an INXS web chat with Tim Farris. It was just after their comeback concert with terence trent D'asrby. I asked was there any truth toi the rumour they considered Bono as a singer. His concise and I am sure firmly tongue in cheek answer..."who's Bono?' I said ":-)' he said ":-)" back...a joke!!!
There is a great doco called "chinese whispers" that Michael Hutchence made. I have most of their video clips on tape and every now and then we have a mini INXS festival. Great body of work imho.
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2002, 07:32 PM   #10
War Child

Mona, um..INXS are not and were never a pop band.
Tell that to the thousands of Aussie fans who rocked hard to them through the 80's and 90's in pubs across Australia. Some of their later songs may have had pop elements, but they were no more pop than u2 are.

I was a huge INXS fan from the time KICK came out and still love them now. Yes, since losing Michael, they aren't the same and I think its good that they've tried to go on without him for their own sakes, but maybe its time they started writing new music for a new band.

Michael was how all rock stars should be. I think he played the role more rockstar than Bono at times. I saw them live only once sadly. But they were brilliant and I'm so happy I got the opportunity to do so.

By My SIde, Hear That Sound, Mystify, Not Enough Time, Guns in the Sky, Disappear, original Sin, The Gift, Listen Like Thieves, What You Need, NEver Tear Us Apart, The Swing, New Sensation..argh too many great great songs!

When Michael died I sent the band a card of sympathy and thanks. A couple of months later, to my surprise, I received a thankyou card handwritten "To Amanda, thank you for your kind words" with a special thank you message and then signed By Andrew Farris. It also included an actual photo of the band. That was pretty special.
Old 09-14-2002, 07:45 PM   #11
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowgirl

When Michael died I sent the band a card of sympathy and thanks. A couple of months later, to my surprise, I received a thankyou card handwritten "To Amanda, thank you for your kind words" with a special thank you message and then signed By Andrew Farris. It also included an actual photo of the band. That was pretty special.
That's really sweet...the fact that they replied and the fact that you did that.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 09-14-2002, 09:33 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Thinking about INXS hurts my heart. It's all well and good for the band to continue on without Michael, but I personally think they should have changed their band's name. Michael Hutchence was the focal point of the group, and without him...I don't know...it just seems inappropriate to me to go on with the same name.

I interviewed Michael Hutchence about 18 years ago up at Atlantic Records. He and Tim Farris were doing interviews for their latest album. Michael was one of the most physically beautiful men I have ever seen in my life; he was very sweet and somewhat shy. For years, I've been haunted by the fact that I was in the same room as him, just him and I, and I didn't turn on the charm and start gently flirting or something. As a professional, I behaved myself. But as a woman...I regret that I didn't try to flirt or something, especially since I didn't stay in the music-writing business for much longer.

Damn. Damn. DAMN!!!

I sent a condolence note via the INXS web site when Michael died, telling them how nice he was when I interviewed him and how sorry I was that he was gone. I received a nice e-note back.

I understand there is going to be a greatest hits compilation coming out this fall. I'd still like to get the boxed set that was released last year, one of these days.
Old 09-15-2002, 12:02 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Diane L
I interviewed Michael Hutchence about 18 years ago up at Atlantic Records. He and Tim Farris were doing interviews for their latest album. Michael was one of the most physically beautiful men I have ever seen in my life; he was very sweet and somewhat shy. For years, I've been haunted by the fact that I was in the same room as him, just him and I, and I didn't turn on the charm and start gently flirting or something. As a professional, I behaved myself. But as a woman...I regret that I didn't try to flirt or something, especially since I didn't stay in the music-writing business for much longer.

Damn. Damn. DAMN!!!
You interviewed Michael?!? Oh my socks! You are so lucky! Actually I think you were right not to flirt with him, even though I can certainly understand your regretting it. I'm a newspaper reporter and I know how important it is to behave professionally when interviewing people. But just think, you got to interview that sexy guy! What a memory. And I know what you mean about your heart hurting after learning the news of his death. I felt just awful when I heard about it.
Old 09-15-2002, 01:04 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:44 PM
I have been a fan of INXS for several years, and I was just devastated by Michael Hutchence's death. It is really hard to hear the songs now since then. It brings tears to my eyes everytime "Never Tear Us Apart" or "Mystify" comes onto the radio.
Old 09-15-2002, 07:28 AM   #15
War Child

Nice lil story about Tiger Lily....
I just watched an interview with Bob Geldof on our 60 Mins here in Australia.
Bob talked a lot about this break up with Paula, about Michael and about being 'Dad' to Tiger Lily. He said she does now call him Dad.
They were in a supermarket and one of Bob's songs came over the speakers followed straight after by one of Michael's which gave the 5 year old a shock.
She turned to Bob and said after the songs played,
" Thats you Dad"
"Yeah it is" Bob replied
then Michael's song came on and she ssaid
"and thats my real Dad"
"Yeah it is" said Bob
5 year old Tiger Lily then replied after hearing them both,
"My real Dad's a better singer than you."

Bob laughed aloud as he retold the story. What a cute lil angel she is.

Tags
inxs, michael hutchence