Inxs!! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2002, 08:41 AM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 02:24 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm back! I never realised how much some of you really liked INXS! I love them! My fave songs have to be Never Tear Us Apart, Taste It, Original Sin... I just love 'em!

Thanks also for the kind stories! I love hearing fans encounters! I'd really like to meet the band!

I just can't wait for the two INXS concerts I'm going to in December, especially since its right near my 18th birthday. It'll just be a great experience! I cant wait to see what Jon Stevens is like.

Old 09-15-2002, 08:44 AM   #17
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowgirl

When Michael died I sent the band a card of sympathy and thanks. A couple of months later, to my surprise, I received a thankyou card handwritten "To Amanda, thank you for your kind words" with a special thank you message and then signed By Andrew Farris. It also included an actual photo of the band. That was pretty special.

Thats really sweet that you were acknowledged. That's something I'd treasure forever.

Old 09-15-2002, 08:47 AM   #18
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Diane L

I sent a condolence note via the INXS web site when Michael died, telling them how nice he was when I interviewed him and how sorry I was that he was gone. I received a nice e-note back.

I understand there is going to be a greatest hits compilation coming out this fall. I'd still like to get the boxed set that was released last year, one of these days.
Its really sad to think about Michael Hutchence dying. But its nice to hear that the fans were there for the band at such a hard time. I hate to think what it was like for them.

If there is a greatest hits, that'd be so cool. I'd love to get that!
Old 09-15-2002, 03:07 PM   #19
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:24 PM

Love them, but haven't really listened to them since Michael's death.

That's really amazing about the card, manda. I'd have that framed or something.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:30 PM   #20
War Child

Local Time: 12:24 PM
Yeah tis in a lil frame on my wall.
I might scan it for you all later and show.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:33 PM   #21
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowgirl
Yeah tis in a lil frame on my wall.
I might scan it for you all later and show.
Please do! Would love to see!
Old 09-16-2002, 03:33 AM   #22
Jesus Online

Local Time: 01:24 PM
I too absolutely adore INXS. One of the 1st 2 bands I ever 'discovered'. The other was Dire Straights lol. My very first concert was INXS on their X-Factor tour. I was 13 and had my parents waiting outside as I was way too young to be going alone to the big bad city even though my sister was with me, but being 14 herself, well....lol. Such a fantastic show.
I remember the day he died and flicking on the radio and the dj's were simply saying an Australian rock musician has been found dead in a hotel. They couldn't or didn't release who it was at the time. I had this horrible fear it was him, either him or Peter Garrett or Jimmy Barnes. It made no sense, he had his beautiful daughter, was insanely in love with Paula. Despite the horrid custody battle she had with Bob, it made no sense for him to end his life. As well as the loss to his friends and family, the music industry lost one of its greatest.
Old 09-16-2002, 04:36 AM   #23
Refugee

Local Time: 01:24 PM
I was never a huge INXS fan, I liked them alot and had one of their live cds- 'Live Baby, Live' which incidently I got for christmas 1991 along with Achtung Baby and Crowded Houses' 'Woodface'- what a collection of greatness hey?????? but I remember when Michael died, it was very sad, one of my friends who is a huge INXS fan, rang me up and told me and I was very shocked, the really wrote some amazing music, especially the early stuff- Original Sin is a classic and my fave song is from their first album 'Shabooh Shoobah: The one thing', nice music indeed...but in all honesty I think that my most poignant INXS memory came from the Brisbane Popmart show that I saw in Fegruary of 98- when all the lights had gone down and U2 had finished playing the final song of their encore, everyone in the open-air stadium was left, as they filtered out of the stadium, listening to the sounds of Never tear us apart blasting out of the stadium sound system- I can not tell you how beautiful this was, hearing that bass riff, Michael's vocals & Kirk's saxophone- it was just beautiful and being honest again was probably the highlight of the show, funny hey- the most moving song of the show wasn't even a U2 one!!!
Old 09-16-2002, 02:00 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:24 PM
Re: the water feels warm......

Quote:
Originally posted by cass
btw it is because of those fabulous shoes, and hearing stories from people who were at the Ritz Carlton the next day...we don't think it was suicide.
I sat 2nd row for INXS at the Orpheum Thetre in Boston about 2 months before Michael's death, shook hands with him and witnessed a man who loved what he was doing. He disappeared from stage, and showed up singing in the balcony, then walked the aisles of the entire orchestra...I have never believed that his death was a suicide.
Old 09-17-2002, 01:06 PM   #25
War Child

I saw INXS just after Kick came out in the UK, so it was a small venue. They were fantastic. My fave albums are The Swing and Listen Like Thieves. Support was Sinead O'Connor! Some gigs just live on and on.

Tags
inxs, michael hutchence