Inxs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Here's the deal.

I've always known I liked INXS, and I've always known they were pretty good, but I never bought any records, if that makes sense.

But, last night I watched this special on VH1 Classic that showed a bunch of live clips from all over their career.

I practically fell in love with this band in the course of an hour. So, I'm just asking any of you INXS fans out there to lead me in the right direction with their work. Where should I start? What's their best work? Any great DVD's? Live albums? What should I AVOID for now?

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Wow what a question.
Having grown up in their homeland you just bought every LP/CD.

But for me you can not go wrong with the following (just my music taste)

Kick :up:
Welcome To Wherever You Are
Full Moon, Dirty Hearts
X
Elegantly Wasted

For DVD Im Only Looking*The Best Of

if you want to limit those down to just one or two, i'd say that that relating it to u2's career,
Kick is their Joshua Tree
Best of is their Best of
Elegantly Wasted is their Achtung Baby/Pop

decide from their what you'd like. 'Best of' is always a safe purchese

Thanks for the tips. I'll go and start checking out your suggestions and see where to go form there. :)

I watched that last night as well. I loved that band and I am disappointed they are replacing Michael Hutchence through reality tv :mad: No matter how they try they will never be the same. They should've atleast changed their name from INXS to something else. Anyway back to your question I recommened the best of album it has everything, especially track 12 the stairs :drool:

The BEST Albums by Inxs ::

Listen Like Thieves
Kick
X
Live Baby Live (Live concert recording)
Welcome To Wherever You Are

The BEST videos/DVDs by Inxs ::

Kick (The Video Flick)
X
Live Baby Live (Live concert)

Another vote for Kick and X.

Full Moon Dirty Hearts was a bit ordinary in comparison from what I remember, although maybe I should give it another try after all these years. Haven't heard much of the others, only the singles airplay.

Buying one of the Greatest Hits albums is tempting as they have heaps of great songs spread across many albums.. so, why not buy them all? ;)

But for starters go with what MsMofoGone recommended and you won't be disappointed. To fill in the best of the rest check out the Shine Like It Does 2 CD Anthology.

Have fun!

inxs

Get the UK import of The Best of. Has more tracks. Their 2 best are Welcome to Wherever You Are (their AB) and Kick (their JT). Also recommended are Shabooh Shoobah, The Swing and Listen Like Thieves. The other LPs are good but patchy IMO. BTW Michael Hutchence's eponymously titled LP has him duetting with Bono on the track Slide Away. It was a half finished track that Bono added vocals and lyrics/music to later after MH's death.

Enjoy!!!

I have Kick, X, and Welcome To Wherever You Are. But that's me. Don't know if I have Listen Like Thieves... Will have to keep searching...

listen like thieves!!!!!!!!! :laugh: it's my favourite of theirs. i didn't know if that came off in my previous post or not. :D

my second favourite of theirs is underneath the colours but it's rather hard to come by BUT...if you can find a 2 disc compilation set called "stay young" BY ALL MEANS...pick it up!!!! it's awesome :up:

beli said:
This is true. Bastards :mad:
their first two and last two albums are out of print, at least they are here in the states. i had to buy all four used. :down:

i did also buy stay young. we are the vegetables :giggle:

i'm listening to underneath the colours right now :love: i'm on horizons :drool:

Lila64 said:

but its not the same. The artwork is different. lol. I have the first two albums on vinyl as I bought them at the time (yes, Im that old). I really wanted to have those albums on separate CDs with the same old artwork etc but its a no go. :(

beli said:
but its not the same. The artwork is different. lol. I have the first two albums on vinyl as I bought them at the time (yes, Im that old). I really wanted to have those albums on separate CDs with the same old artwork etc but its a no go. :(
try amazon's used section. that's what i ended up doing. i got a good deal and both were in decent condition. :)

i would kill for your old inxs singles :drool: or even to just touch them... :love:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i would kill for your old inxs singles :drool: or even to just touch them... :love:

If you are ever in Australia, I will let you sniff, drool and admire my vinyls - INXS, Duran, Roxy Music, U2, Scritti Politti, etc. lol.

beli said:
If you are ever in Australia, I will let you sniff, drool and admire my vinyls - INXS, Duran, Roxy Music, U2, Scritti Politti, etc. lol.
i would seriously consider making a trip to australia (and going through the hassles of getting a passport, visa, etc.) just to do this :drool:

i wonder if there's any duran duran stuff you have that i don't? :hmm: mayhaps once i get a job again i can start trying to collect old inxs stuff so i can build a vinyl collection that rivals old fans' collections? :hmm:

beli said:

I understand - but if there were someone out there that wanted the music per se, it would technically still be around...

and beli, I guess I fall into that 'old' category, LOL :wink: I worked in a record store in Los Angeles in the early 80s. At the height of Duran Duranmania, Depeche Mode, Siouxsie, U2, Echo, Tears For Fears, Simple Minds, etc. You name it, I remember selling it!

Last edited:
Lila64 said:

and beli, I guess I fall into that 'old' category, LOL :wink: I worked in a record store in Los Angeles in the early 80s. At the height of Duran Duranmania, Depeche Mode, Siouxsie, U2, Echo, Tears For Fears, Simple Minds, etc. You name it, I remember selling it!

Split Enz? :hyper:
The Oils? :hyper:

You knew it was coming. :D

Lila64 said:

:drool: I would love to work in a record store. Im so envious of Aadvark owning his own record store :drool:

I remember when I was younger I always got the names INXS and NOFX switched around.

:huh:

Very, very different things.

Back
Top Bottom