Internet Optimizer and other things from hell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Alright, so I have this "Internet Optimizer" program on my computer. No idea where it came from but it seems to be causing me some problems. I uninstalled it, but it still exists on my computer (in Program Files). And when I try to delte it from there, it won't let me! Something about it possibly being write-protected.

How can I get rid of this nightmare?

try scanning with ad-aware. maybe it's spyware? :scratch:

you can download it here:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

oh and the only other thing i can think of is to make sure you're closed out of the internet completely when you try to delete it. if you have your internet turned on, it might not let you delete it :shrug:

other than that i have no idea.

Last edited:
if it's write protected that simply means that the program is running or files are in use so you can't delete what's running.

you have to control + alt +delete and then close the internet optimizer, then delete it. then i'd run adaware.

i usually run ad-aware every so often on my computer because crap like that gets installed without you knowing it. :angry:

A-ha! Got ad-aware and ran it and my problens are GONE! Whooo hay! Damn spyware getting entangled in my delicate meshwork of harddrive without me even knowing it....thanks so much, all. My computer thanks you too. :kiss:

Back
Top Bottom