Internet Explorer security flaw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can make a list in Firefox which sites may use pop-ups. Plus, clicking on a link that open an additional window will not 'activate' the pop-up blocker. You clicked the link yourself, so the browser assumes you give permission to open a new window. However, with Firefox you can indicate whether a new window should be opened, a new tab or that it should open in the current window/tab.

:up:

The only thing I can't use Firefox to do is enter secure sites. For some reason it doesn't recognize them. So, to sign on to Fleet.com or place an order from amazon.com I have to use explorer. :angry:

Angela Harlem said:
* 52 MB hard drive space
???????

how big is this????

On my computer it's about ~14 Mb. Maybe the additional space is for installation only and maybe the user profile of the person using it (you know, for cached files, cookies, extensions - i.e. additions to the browser, etc.).

You're welcome (both of you). :)

Marty

oliveu2cm said:
The only thing I can't use Firefox to do is enter secure sites. For some reason it doesn't recognize them. So, to sign on to Fleet.com or place an order from amazon.com I have to use explorer. :angry:

:confused: I never have problems with secure sites. Are all the secure settings enabled in Firefox?

Go to Tools -> Options and click for the Advanced tab. With Security, are all three options checked?

C ya!

Marty

oliveu2cm said:

is it easy to switch between the 2?

Wow! i love this!!!!

Thank you guys! hahaha

Olive, did you check a box when you installed it to allow you to go to encrypted sites and to alert you when you're going to one? when i installed this, it asked me and as i use an encrypted site fairly frequently, i ticked the box so it would allow me but also alert me if any site i was using was encrypted.
i now clicked on your link for this fleet site and it prompted me saying it was encrypted etc did i want to proceed. it worked though, so maybe you need to check the box i did? i dont know where you'd find it though...mine appeared when i installed it.
:huh:

Back
Top Bottom