internet explorer help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
ok how do i get rid of a website,s name from the bar that pops up when i click right on my mouse.

you know when you click right on your mouse and a bar will pop up with,,, select all, refresh, back, print and properties.
well just above properties is the web sites name and i want to get rid of it, any tips. im thinking of deleting internet explorer from my computer and uploading it again.

thanks

mine doesnt do that

mine says search using copernic. but thats probably just because i use copernic. i probably didnt need to post this:slant:

okay...cookie lessons

You have to clear the trails of web sites you have visited. It can be cleared one at a time by highlighting and hitting delete and if you have autocomplete turned on in your options and don't want it to do that open internet explorer advanced options and turn it off.

IE toolbar> Tools> Internet Options> Delete Cookies; Delete Files; click Settings:> 'View Files" >control A and delete what was missed.

Just under this cookie clearer is your offender> "History" of web trail: clear it and set your days to keep in memory to 0

also: right click start button> properties> 'Advanced' > clear trail of documents opened on the computer.

mine saves addresses too. If you go to tools>internet options and delete the cookies and temorary internet files that'll probably take care of it.

thanks for the info but its not the browser.

right click on the mouse on your web page. a grey bar will pop up with the options of(back,froward , select all, print,refresh,and at the bottom(properties) well just above properties is this web sites name and i cant get rid of it.i delited explorer but now i have an old verson of it(and the name is still there) and dont know how to get it all out of my computer.

Depending the nature of the page it could have added itself to the context menu somehow

Try running ad-aware and see what it comes up with

Back
Top Bottom