Internet Addiction Test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

You are experiencing occasional or frequent problems because of the Internet. You should consider their full impact on your life.

I'm an addict that's for sure...I don't think it causes me problems...it just helps me procrastinate...:uhoh:

The thing is I do a lot of work online :shrug:

I scored 30. In reality, I'm probably closer to 40, though -- I was generous on some of the answers.

As a web developer, I spend a ton of time on the computer. But it's my job!

You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.

And yeah, I also spend a lot of time on the computer for my work, including being online. So I reality my score might be even higher.
(that said, I'm perfectly capable of going on a holiday and not even think about the Internet and not missing it when I'm offline for weeks)

"You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage."

I got a 40.

"You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage."

I actually spend a lot of time online, but since I'm self-employed I can work and sleep when I want to. So if I stay up all night online I just catch up on sleep during the day. And most of my work can be done at any time during the day or night so that helps too.

Of course right now I should be packing a box to ship out today (I had planned to get it out yesterday) and I'm sitting here online.... :reject:

10. How often do you block out disturbing thoughts about your life with soothing thoughts of the Internet?

"soothing thoughts of the Internet" :lmao:

I scored a 46, but I think it's high. There should be an option for "Never" on the test since there's one for "Always".

dsmith2904 said:
I got a 22

If I'd taken this two or three years ago, I think I would have had a much different score. :huh:

27, and yeah. Three years ago I would have been much higher.

I got the following result:-

"Like 99% of online surveys, this is a pointless, pseudo-scientific piece of nonsense. You ought to know better."

Weird. :huh:

DaveC said:

"soothing thoughts of the Internet" :lmao:

I scored a 46, but I think it's high. There should be an option for "Never" on the test since there's one for "Always".

I guess "does not apply" means never :shrug:

financeguy said:
I got the following result:-

"Like 99% of online surveys, this is a pointless, pseudo-scientific piece of nonsense. You ought to know better."

Weird. :huh:

:lmao:

i got a 35

of course the fact that i bothered to take this test when i have homework and shit to do probably means I should have a much higher score

but most of my time online is spent talking to people I know in real life, so it's not totally antisocial...:wink:

20 - 49 points: You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage

46, biatch. Should have scored much higher, but a bunch of the questions didn't apply to me.

Same reasons as LM.

My reasons for using the Internet are 95% because I've nothing better to do, so I don't fall into the category of people thinking or "fantasizing" about getting back on-line.

I got a 29. It's confusing though, because I consider "frequently" to be more than "often". And I'm not a net addict per se, just this place.

Back
Top Bottom