International Lefterhanders Day 8/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

southpaw_gil

The Fly
I just want to give a quick shout out to all my fellow lefties on our official holiday last Sunday 8/13. I can't believe I missed it. Better late than never. I hope everyone had a great Sunday.

I play sports with my left hand, but do everything else with my right.

Ambidextrous action :drool:

Yeah, about time us lefties are recognized! :)

It's bad enough having to cope with scissors, van doors, can openers, and all the other stuff they have out there... :D

Group hug for all of us southpaws :D :hug:

flanders_leftorium.jpg

I got a really good joke..

What do you call a person who isn't left handed

right handed!:lol:

I'm also lefthanded, but didn't know there was a day to celebrate this *opens a bottle of champaigne* :wink:

the rockin edge said:

:lmao:
thanks, tre!!!

I missed the holiday :madspit: [didn't even know we had one !
*note to self* put on NEXT YEAR'S calander! :yes:

when I was a .....:hmm: ,i guess, pre-teen my mom bought me a small, very funny( with fun ilustrations, too, and informative] L'il book about being [as I am, also] Left-handed! :giggle:

for instance............
the Latin Word for Left = :uhoh:
"sinister"
:sad: NO WONDER we got such bad press for 1,000's of years!!!

I have found I've become more ambidexterous, but writing and drawing are still very left for me. While I am more ambi-haned- I stillwill automatically reach etc with my Left hand, excepttions like hand-shakes.

what also HAS helped is ambi-sisscors.

I also remember trying to pour a Right-handed cooking pot with the pour thingie [on the left side] using my left hand! :laugh: :huh:

Last edited:
When my grandmother was a child to be lefthanded wasn't allowed. Everybody was forced to learn using the right hand (she had to because she broke her arm) and with some people it caused, sometimes serious, brain damage. My mother once told me from a woman whose sense for music was gone, so she couldn't find any song good or bad.
Only in the late 50's, early 60's the people and the state realized that it was totally crap what they have done all these years.

i consider myself a lefty, but I only write lefty and and throw a football lefty.

I throw a baseball righty....I'm weird.

Vincent Vega said:
When my grandmother was a child to be lefthanded wasn't allowed. Everybody was forced to learn using the right hand (she had to because she broke her arm) and with some people it caused, sometimes serious, brain damage. My mother once told me from a woman whose sense for music was gone, so she couldn't find any song good or bad.
Only in the late 50's, early 60's the people and the state realized that it was totally crap what they have done all these years.

:( :tsk: Definately not good stuff. I'd heard about that.

Luckily one of my aunt's {my mom's sis} retained her ability to sing {in choir} after she was forced into right-handedness.

Vincent Vega said:

I went to Catholic school in the 60s and the nuns tried to make us switch to our right hand. But I am 100% left handed and they gave up on me after a couple of days. There was always 5 or 6 of each year they couldn't break.

I'm glad they stopped this practice. I think there are more important things to worry about in school.

I'm a right hander, and I just want to say that I cannot do anything remotely well with my left hand. So I have a a fact i found from my useless facts book - "left-handed people live, on average, nine years less than right-handed people."
Sorry if I spoiled the mood!

COBL_04 said:
I'm a right hander, and I just want to say that I cannot do anything remotely well with my left hand. So I have a a fact i found from my useless facts book - "left-handed people live, on average, nine years less than right-handed people."
Sorry if I spoiled the mood!

Collect everything that makes you live longer or shorter and in the end it won't matter whether you're left-handed or right-handed. ;)

Back
Top Bottom