Interference's Top Ten Bands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you don't have to count mine. I needed to update the list for myself and this seemed like a good opportunity. i see some of my favorites listed a lot. YAY! i didn't think anyone else here liked U2 :wink: just kidding, of course.

1. U2
2. The Clash
3. The Futureheads
4. X
5. Depeche Mode
6. The Police
7. Velvet Underground/Lou Reed
8. David Bowie
9. Elvis Costello & the Atractions
10. Gang of Four

BUMP BUMP BUMP!

So, yeah, this thread is 2 years old. I stumbled upon it just now and thought it was really cool looking at everyone in B + C's top 10 lists. There's a similar thread over in EYKIW right now...but this one here is all kinds of awesome.

I wasn't around when this was going on but does anyone remember this thread at all? Not to drudge up any bad vibes or anything, but there is a particularly hilarious exchange on page 7 of this thread between Zoomerang96 and Mr. Brau1...

Very sad list.

For all the bullshit you dish, you're vanilla. Bland, alt/indie rock vanilla. Live a little. Explore new music (non-alt/indie rock), and actually embrace it.

go fuck yourself, mr. brau.

:lmao: I don't know but I just laughed my ass off at that, and I'm not sure why. Zoomerang won that battle, for sure.

Anyway, the original poster of this thread said he was going to create a new thread with the results...but I couldn't find it. I am interested in seeing what the final tally was. Scanning through the lists, it's obvious that U2 won the top spot. Does anyone remember the rest?

Maybe we could get more people to post their lists in here (updated or not) and do another tally...

2008 style!!!

I'm not a list person. I don't really have a favourite band, or a top five - I never thought about it. And I rarely go out of my way to collect every single thing by a lot of artists I like. Is this sinful?

Here are ten, though.

Gene Krupa & His Orchestra
Husker Du
Slowdive
Beach Boys
U2
Kitchens of Distinction
Curtis Mayfield
Outkast
Chapterhouse
Joy Division

Back