Interference's Favorite Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fight.png

I know a lot about movies. I've seen over 240 of them.

I finished A Clockwork Orange about 2 minutes ago. Wow, that may very well be the most fucked up movie I have ever seen. Part of me was a little horrified I was watching this, the other part of me loved it. It was one of the most inventive, beautifully shot, well-acted films I have ever seen. Malcolm McDowell is the man, without a doubt. The narration, Singin' in the Rain scene, Droogs in the river, and brainwashing scenes alone makes this a classic.

I think it was the Alex in me that loved it, we all have a little bit of Alex in us.

clock01.jpg

I thought of some more good ones.

Predator, American Graffiti, Terminator, Robocop, To Have and Have Not, Duel, Sense & Sensibility, Trainspotting, Pride & Prejudice, The Stooge, Mighty Joe Young...... The list is endless but fun.

How about a thread where we just name movies we've seen. Talk about 4,000,000 posts :wink:

There was one, but it was replaced by the Review thread. I prefer the review one more.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I finished A Clockwork Orange about 2 minutes ago. Wow, that may very well be the most fucked up movie I have ever seen. Part of me was a little horrified I was watching this, the other part of me loved it. It was one of the most inventive, beautifully shot, well-acted films I have ever seen. Malcolm McDowell is the man, without a doubt. The narration, Singin' in the Rain scene, Droogs in the river, and brainwashing scenes alone makes this a classic.

I think it was the Alex in me that loved it, we all have a little bit of Alex in us.

clock01.jpg

Glad you finally watched it. Gladder still that you enjoyed it. My signature approves.

^^Odds are this Halloween or at the next closest dressing up event you will go as Alex...it has been foreseen....well it's what i've been dressing up as for the past two Halloweens...actually i've seen a few girls dressed as Alex...it is surprisingly hot:wink:

1. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
2. Return of The King
3. Once Upon A Time In The West
4. Metropolis
5. Lawrence Of Arabia
6. 2001: A Space Oddessey
7. Blue Velvet
8. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
9. Eraserhead
10. Elephant Man
11. Brazil
12. Paris, Texas
13. On The Beach
14. Star Trek 2: The Wrath Of Khan
15. Empire Strikes Back
16. Akira
17. Fellowship Of The Ring
18. Clockwork Orange
19. Jacob’s Ladder
20. Last Of The Mohicans
21. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
22. Fellini’s Casanova
23. Silence Of The Lambs
24. Mulholland Drive
25. Lost Highway

LJT said:
^^Odds are this Halloween or at the next closest dressing up event you will go as Alex...it has been foreseen....well it's what i've been dressing up as for the past two Halloweens...actually i've seen a few girls dressed as Alex...it is surprisingly hot:wink:

Viddy well.

Keep sending those lists, guys!

Should I start the Actor / Actress / Director List thread now, guys?

And mods, can you sticky this thread and the next thread I post, please.

Thanks.

LMP, you do as you will, but I say let this thread breathe for a day or so, then roll out the next list. Just my 2 cents.

Still pleased that you liked Clockwork so much. :)

I'll probably start the next thread after I close voting on the 30th.

Thanks again for suggesting it, now I need to see the other Kubrick classics:

Dr. Strangelove
Full Metal Jacket

I've already seen The Shining, so yeah. :up:

I haven't heard much about Barry Lyndon, is it as good as the others?

Oh, and I hated Eyes Wide Shut. Forgot about that one for a sec.

No, it's not as good as the others, but, I liked it a lot. Again, if nothing else, it's worth watching for the sets and the cinematography. Some would call it slow, I'm sure, and in this day and age, it is. Don't forget Spartacus.

Hmm, I might check it out then.

I forgot Kubrick did Spartacus, that'll be on the list, too.

Back
Top Bottom