Interference's Favorite Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
neutral said:

I thought I'd seen every Hugh Grant movie in existence. Must go look for About A Boy now...
:shifty:

be aware it's nothing spectacular, it's simple, straightforward, and down to earth
but there's something about it, that makes
it the kind of movie you can watch over and over and not grow tired, it's the kind of movie that sticks with you at least it has stuck with me since I first saw it years ago. it's brilliant in its own way, i really should read the boook, i dont know why i havent. i read the author's other books ..including high fidelity, which was cool as was the movie.

elevation2u said:

be aware it's nothing spectacular, it's simple, straightforward, and down to earth
it the kind of movie you can watch over and over and not grow tired, it's the kind of movie that sticks with you at least it has stuck with me since I first saw it years ago. it's brilliant in its own way,

Sounds just like some of the movies on my top 25 list. :) :wink:

So I just watched Casablanca...wow, it really IS that good. I always thought it would end up being overrated because...well, it's Casablanca, but I really really liked it

Big Labowski's next

Lebowksi is the best, really.

I've been listening to the soundtrack all day.

elevation2u said:

it the kind of movie you can watch over and over and not grow tired, it's the kind of movie that sticks with you at least it has stuck with me since I first saw it years ago. it's brilliant in its own way, i really should read the boook, i dont know why i havent. i read the author's other books ..including high fidelity, which was cool as was the movie.

Read the book....of all of his books, it's my favorite.

ummm... i don't know how to say this ...but i just finished watching pan's labyrinth after a long anticipated wait....and wow, seriously..
i haven't watched anything that awful since...babel or crash....how much where the critics paid to glorify that, it was so presumptuous and unengaging, i didn't find myself rooting for any character. i know, i know, everyone will want to hang me for saying that, i really wanted to like the movie, it just ain't a'happenin....
:yikes:

No spoken words said:
Was there one film by Hitchcock on anyone's list??? That's be a shame.

I almost had Psycho but it just didn't make the first cut. I like a lot of his films, but I think I liked the tv show more. :huh:

elevation2u said:
ummm... i don't know how to say this ...but i just finished watching pan's labyrinth after a long anticipated wait....and wow, seriously..
i haven't watched anything that awful since...babel or crash....how much where the critics paid to glorify that, it was so presumptuous and unengaging, i didn't find myself rooting for any character. i know, i know, everyone will want to hang me for saying that, i really wanted to like the movie, it just ain't a'happenin....
:yikes:

Thank God I've finally heard a negative review, that makes it less hyped for me now and more likely for me to be able to just watch it for myself. I hate it when all I hear is about how amazing a movie is...

Yeah I've still gotta watch that movie.

ETA: I don't mean to make this sound like I don't want to like the movie, I just don't like seeing movies after hearing a thousand praises for it

does this top 25 list need to be in order of favorites, or just your 25 fave movies? If I have to rank them, I might be in trouble. And what if I list more than 25 :reject:

I really liked About A Boy. And I liked Four Weddings & A Funeral, too. Do you Charles, do you... (near the end). Then of course the goof in the final few scenes with Hugh & Andie MacDowell in the rain, but still, liked it.

Lila64 said:
does this top 25 list need to be in order of favorites, or just your 25 fave movies? If I have to rank them, I might be in trouble. And what if I list more than 25 :reject:

You can list the 25 in any order, but there's a point system for each pick (#1 gets 25 pts, #2 gets 24, etc...) so it's really up to you to decide.

You can also post more than 25 if you like, that's totally cool, but I'll only count the first 25 movies you list.

21.gif

OK, I don't know if this is the actual order, but I'm going with this. For now.

1. Philadelphia
2. Hard Day's Night
3. Dead Poet's Society
4. Groundhog's Day
5. Airplane
6. Life Of Brian
7. Field Of Dreams
8. Almost Famous
9. Young Frankenstein
10.The Insider
11.Gladiator
12.Dead Man Walking
13.Jerry Maguire
14.L.A. Confidential
15.40 Year Old Virgin
16.To Kill A Mockingbird
17.Good Morning Vietman
18.Shawshank Redemption
19.Wizard Of Oz
20.All The President's Men
21.The Sting
22.Some Like It Hot
23.A Fish Called Wanda
24.American Beauty
25.JFK

Honorable mention: Pelican Brief, Apollo 13, Parenthood, It's A Wonderful Life, Star Wars (et al), Raiders Of the Lost Ark (et al), I Am Sam, Honeymoon In Vegas, Bye Bye Birdie, When Harry Met Sally, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, A Beautiful Mind, Forrest Gump...

Last edited:
Honeymoon in Vegas. :)

"It's like a jungle over there and believe me THEY WILL DRUG YOU"

It's "drug you" and not "kill you" "Drug you" is actually funnier". :)

Last edited:
"A Royal Flush is like.....unbeatable"

"Like unbeatable is not unbeatable"

"Hey, I know that now....OKAY?"

Love that movie. Nice list, Lila, All the President's Men, good one. Sting, Fish Called Wanda, all in my collection. :) The list!

Lila64 said:
21.gif

OK, I don't know if this is the actual order, but I'm going with this. For now.

1. Philadelphia
2. Hard Day's Night
3. Dead Poet's Society
4. Groundhog's Day
5. Airplane
6. Life Of Brian
7. Field Of Dreams
8. Almost Famous
9. Young Frankenstein
10.The Insider
11.Gladiator
12.Dead Man Walking
13.Jerry Maguire
14.L.A. Confidential
15.40 Year Old Virgin
16.To Kill A Mockingbird
17.Good Morning Vietman
18.Shawshank Redemption
19.Wizard Of Oz
20.All The President's Men
21.The Sting
22.Some Like It Hot
23.A Fish Called Wanda
24.American Beauty
25.JFK

Honorable mention: Pelican Brief, Apollo 13, Parenthood, It's A Wonderful Life, Star Wars (et al), Raiders Of the Lost Ark (et al), I Am Sam, Honeymoon In Vegas, Bye Bye Birdie, When Harry Met Sally, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, A Beautiful Mind,...

Great list :up:

I just watched A Hard Day's Night again on HBO today. Classic '60s Brit humor.

I die of laughter whenever Ringo says at the very beginning "kjghj Grandfather hahahahahahahahah!"

Oh Ringo.

I'm ashamed to say I still haven't seen Schindler's List. But always hear how it's a film that makes grown men cry.

Thanks LMP. I remembered Hard Day's Night BECAUSE it was on today. And we own it. How can you NOT like it! :love:

Again, my list is not really in any order, cuz I can't compare one movie to the next. I like Julia Roberts but I couldn't define a "fave" movie, and that went for other actors as well

I cried a LOT when I watched Sixth Sense the other day.

Wow, I forgot about Fish Called Wanda and Dead Poet's Society...obviously if it mattered, by this point I would definently be extending my list to at least 75 movies, but I'm not goign to take the time :lol:

namkcuR said:
I'm ashamed to say I still haven't seen Schindler's List. But always hear how it's a film that makes grown men cry.

It could make Chuck Norris cry, and he doesn't even produce tears.

Back
Top Bottom