Interference's Favorite Movie Quotes, Badasses, and Other Nifty Lists - Voting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you listened to the Filmspotting podcast before? They did a show with a "Top 5 Actors We'd Cast in Our Movie" list which was pretty good.

The podcast after that one had viewer mail of their fantasy movies which sounded pretty cool, too.

Hadn't heard that.

But I'm pretty sure I'm gonna try to get this idea off the ground here. It came to me in a moment of brilliance this morning while I was on the toilet. As if God was speaking to me, really.

Could the movie be an original idea? Or an idea for a remake/adaptation?

LemonMacPhisto said:
Could the movie be an original idea? Or an idea for a remake/adaptation?

I don't really want any fleshed out ideas for these films, but if it's an adaptation or remake, it would be fine to mention that. For example, here's something that would be a good example of the "what kind of movie" section would look like:

Sci-Fi drama, set in Sydney Austrailia year 2130.
Approx running time: 115 minutes

So really, the competition would be like if you are the producer of a film. You want that type of film made, and it's your job to fill in all the important roles in the cast and crew to make the best film possible.

You're not really writing the concept for a film, that's why you have to hire a good writer. ;)

I'm out of town for the rest of the week, but I'll squeeze in some movie quotes now:

1. "Leave the ball, will ya George?" - Norman Dale (Gene Hackman), Hoosiers
2. "You lose! Good day, sir!" - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder), Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
3. "I am angry! I'm like a tornado of anger, swirling about!" - Phil Weston (Will Ferrell), Kicking and Screaming
4. "Put it on Underhill." - Fletch (Chevy Chase), Fletch)
5. "Gimme, gimme gimme! I need! I need!" - Bob Wylie (Bill Murray), What About Bob?

Lancemc said:

I don't really want any fleshed out ideas for these films, but if it's an adaptation or remake, it would be fine to mention that. For example, here's something that would be a good example of the "what kind of movie" section would look like:

Sci-Fi drama, set in Sydney Austrailia year 2130.
Approx running time: 115 minutes

So really, the competition would be like if you are the producer of a film. You want that type of film made, and it's your job to fill in all the important roles in the cast and crew to make the best film possible.

You're not really writing the concept for a film, that's why you have to hire a good writer. ;)

Oh, okay, so it's almost like a glorified pitch. :up:

phillyfan26 said:

3. "I am angry! I'm like a tornado of anger, swirling about!" - Phil Weston (Will Ferrell), Kicking and Screaming

Get me a damn juice box!

LemonMacPhisto said:

Oh, okay, so it's almost like a glorified pitch. :up:

Get me a damn juice box!

You can go to hell, too! And while, you're there, get me a juice box!

Everytime my cousin offered his 1 year old son a juice box during my vacation, I cracked up thinking of that.

This one kid and I would joke around about that movie all of the time, especially when Ferrell said they'd eat young Byong Sun.

Everyone else I know hated it.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Can we do more than one idea? I have quite a few.

Yeah. I thought of that as well. The more the better I say. I'll either post the thread soon before I go to sleep, or in the morning after I get up and about.

Sounds good, I'm up for it.

Could we have people who have died though? And use actors as they were years ago but have since changed (like De Niro). So for example, could we have David Fincher directing with Cary Grant and De Niro (from the 70s) starring?

monkeyskin said:
Sounds good, I'm up for it.

Could we have people who have died though? And use actors as they were years ago but have since changed (like De Niro). So for example, could we have David Fincher directing with Cary Grant and De Niro (from the 70s) starring?

No. Put your film together as if it were being made in the real world some time in the next couple years, all current.

I think I'll be making the official thread soon.

Since the turn-out wasn't as big as previous rounds, I'll extend this to Sunday.

Please send in your lists, it'll be worthwhile.

LemonMacPhisto said:
This one kid and I would joke around about that movie all of the time, especially when Ferrell said they'd eat young Byong Sun.

Everyone else I know hated it.

It's my brother's favorite movie and he hates soccer. I thoroughly enjoyed it as well.

Back
Top Bottom