Interference's 50 Favorite Films

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMacPhisto said:

I need to see Twin Peaks the TV series, but I'll probably stay away from the movie. I've heard it's pretty rough.

The show is great and I think you might enjoy it. The movie is so intense. That's what makes it so great. Basically you are watching a film knowing this tragic, doomed character is going to die before the movie ends. :sigh: I know you judge movies and if you're able to watch a film over and over. This is the opposite in that you know it's good because you can't watch it a hundred. The experience just takes so much out of you. It is a spectacular film.

Hmm, I'll probably give it a shot after I watch the series. I thought A Clockwork Orange would be a lot more fucked up than it was, but aside from a few rape scenes, it wasn't too bad.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Hmm, I'll probably give it a shot after I watch the series. I thought A Clockwork Orange would be a lot more fucked up than it was, but aside from a few rape scenes, it wasn't too bad.

Yeah, what's a little ultra-violence? Nothing when you come from O-Town. Throw it up!

Screwtape2 said:

The show is great and I think you might enjoy it. The movie is so intense. That's what makes it so great. Basically you are watching a film knowing this tragic, doomed character is going to die before the movie ends. :sigh: I know you judge movies and if you're able to watch a film over and over. This is the opposite in that you know it's good because you can't watch it a hundred. The experience just takes so much out of you. It is a spectacular film.

as much as I loved the series...I am sad to say i have never seen the movie...I was too afraid.....I heard how rough it was....and i am a bit of wus....maybe now all this time has passed I should watch it... I have always been curious

Daddysgonnapay said:

as much as I loved the series...I am sad to say i have never seen the movie...I was too afraid.....I heard how rough it was....and i am a bit of wus....maybe now all this time has passed I should watch it... I have always been curious

Watch it.

No spoken words said:

Yeah, what's a little ultra-violence? Nothing when you come from O-Town. Throw it up!

O-town is the center of ultra-violence, don't you know?

All of the little devotckas running around in circles.

The Stephen A. av still kills me. I have a craving for Cheese Doodles now.

2. 4. and 7. Some of the most overhyped movies. 12., 16. and 28. got robbed.

LOTR actually did well considering the movies are relatively young, and ROTJ is actually lower than any LOTR episode but SW is beating the crap out of LOTR. :yes: I thought the director did a good job, considering the legendary status of the novels, the fact that he did not cast Hollywood A-list actors (actually, make that Hollywood had squat to do with the movies) for lead roles and being a virtually unknown fillmmaker himself. Oh and he did all three simoultaneously. It had a huge disaster potential.

Unfortunately, the weakest of the three got to won the most Oscars.

U2girl said:
2. 4. and 7. Some of the most overhyped movies. 12., 16. and 28. got robbed.

LOTR actually did well considering the movies are relatively young, and ROTJ is actually lower than any LOTR episode but SW is beating the crap out of LOTR. :yes: I thought the director did a good job, considering the legendary status of the novels, the fact that he did not cast Hollywood A-list actors (actually, make that Hollywood had squat to do with the movies) for lead roles and being a virtually unknown fillmmaker himself. Oh and he did all three simoultaneously. It had a huge disaster potential.

Unfortunately, the weakest of the three got to won the most Oscars.

Agreed on almost all of this. I just figure that if G-dfather is that low, there's no point in even debating it. It will always be my favorite film, few film compare, in my opinion.

I'm surprised Back to the Future was high up, too. I thought The Godfather would be in the Top 10 for sure.

Before Sunset/Sunrise were surprisingly popular, too.

The 25 is what made it so hard. I think if it were a Top 50 and more people sent in lists, it would be a more definitive list, you know?

Forrest got to be #2 because whoever listed it, listed it extremely high each time. It was a Top 10 almost every time.

Quite frankly, The Empire Strikes Back destroyed everything, which pleased me.

I have a question:

Does one have to have seen 'The Terminator' in order to understand 'Terminator 2', or can one see 'Terminator 2' on its own without any problem?

namkcuR said:
I have a question:

Does one have to have seen 'The Terminator' in order to understand 'Terminator 2', or can one see 'Terminator 2' on its own without any problem?

T2 can stand on it's own, but it'd still be good to watch the first one.

No spoken words said:

Keep me updated, smacky.

No prob.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Before Sunset/Sunrise were surprisingly popular, too.

I actually meant to make Before Sunrise my #1 pick but either way, it doesn't matter. I love them both equally. To me, they are the same film. Nine years apart and they are still the same glorious film. I live my life waiting for a third.

namkcuR said:
I have a question:

Terminator is far superior to the bloated, manipulative sequel. It's deliciously dark and rough around the edges.

I can't share a link, but I've found a place where you can watch flicks without even downloading anything. It's genius, but the selection is so-so.

However, I am finally getting a chance to watch Pulp Fiction. :drool: Also, I watched One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest earlier (Jack Nicholson :rockon: ), so I am catching up a bit.

LemonMelon said:
I can't share a link, but I've found a place where you can watch flicks without even downloading anything. It's genius, but the selection is so-so.

However, I am finally getting a chance to watch Pulp Fiction. :drool: Also, I watched One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest earlier (Jack Nicholson :rockon: ), so I am catching up a bit.

you know where to share it with me... :wink:

I'm curious to see what happens with the directors list. Because I think unless you're really into movies, most people people couldn't name more than 5 directors and their films. The filmmakers most likely to show up because of name/face recognition are:

Steven Spielberg
Martin Scorsese
George Lucas
Spike Lee
Peter Jackson
Ron Howard
Clint Eastwood

If you dig a little deeper into cinema, you will probably be more aware of:

David Lynch
Stanley Kubrick
Francis Ford Coppola
Coen Bros.
Oliver Stone

And then you have another level which begins to include foreign film directors and classic Hollywood directors. Even someone famous as Chaplin is known more as an actor than a director, despite the fact that he wrote, directed, and eventually scored all his well-known films.

It's an unfortunate forgone conclusion that Spielberg is going to be on top of that list, but I hope people do some research on their favorite films and find some names beyond the top tier.

Back
Top Bottom