Interference World Cup thread #4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:down: Costinha. Hopefully Ronaldo will be able to continue to play if Portugal makes it in the next round.

Too bad Netherlands didn't get the penalty kick after that dirty foul on Robben.

I hope second half is less brutal...

Last edited:
He should have gotten red card that time , maybe he tried to "AMEND" it . But one thing both teams should be with 10 now

Entertaining first half. For sure, 300x better than that crappy England - Ecuador match.

Maniche is a solid player. He is a midfielder who can score, and those are playing a bigger role in this WC now that defenders are guarding strikers better. He reminds me of Maxi Rodriguez.

It will be interesting to see how Portugal holds it being a man down. Costinha is completely nuts. His team was in control and now he puts them at risk.

Penalties anyone ?, i can see this going the whole 120 mins personally.

Portugal have got it all to do now though , they cant hold on to this 1-0 lead.

Ha, yes, far more entertaining than the England match. But Costinha needs to calm down.

roy keane said:
England plays just as i like.Not impresive in the first part of the tournament but with time and against stronger teams(Portugal,Holand,Brazil) it will get much better.Imagine that you played every game in the group stages perfect and thanloose next game, wich could have happened to Argentina and which will surely happen to Spain

Yeah, right.

England played like crap. If they did not get this free kick I have no idea how they would have scored.

I'm happy that they won, just because I want to see strong teams facing each other but that's it. So far, they have not shown anything at this World Cup. And, based on WC history, the team that plays the best generally wins it (with the sole exception of 1974' Holland).

Costinha is clearly either nuts or been bribed. There are no other excuses for his idiocy. None.

U2@NYC said:

Yeah, right.

England played like crap. If they did not get this free kick I would have no idea how they would have scored.

I'm happy that they won, just because I want to see strong teams facing each other but that's it. So far, they have not shown everything at this World Cup.

remember crouch was ready to come on , so we would of had rooney and crouch up front...

snowbunny00774 said:

doesn.t matter now...won't see him anytime soon!

I know. :wink: I'm just saying he needs to calm down in general. His behaviour today was atrocious.

Our commentators are soooo annoying..one just said Maniche should have got a booking for the way he celebrated after the goal...but I guess Schneider was okay to kick the post after the one missed goal...cos the idiot talking head never mentioned that bad sportsmanship...

vaz02 said:

remember crouch was ready to come on , so we would of had rooney and crouch up front...

:huh:

So now Crouch is the England savior?

I am sure they will turn it up a notch for the next match. They have to.

Let's see if Figo , Deco and Maniche can carry this team even with only 10

GibsonGirl said:

I know. :wink: I'm just saying he needs to calm down in general. His behaviour today was atrocious.

absolutely...he gets away with the first time he should have got the red card only to be soooo dumb (or bribed like u2 man said!) a few mins later!!!:huh:

snowbunny00774 said:
Our commentators are soooo annoying..one just said Maniche should have got a booking for the way he celebrated after the goal...but I guess Schneider was okay to kick the post after the one missed goal...cos the idiot talking head never mentioned that bad sportsmanship...

Tell me about it. :rolleyes: Die, TSN.

EDIT: LOL, the idiot is still going on about it. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom