Interference World Cup thread #4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WHAT A RIPOFF!!!!

An embarassment for football. This ignorant moron Spaniard ruined the match.

FIFA needs to figure out a way of playing without refs... they are changing the course of this World Cup.

I miss the Danish refs... :(

Peter Mikkelsen :rockon:

Kim Milton :rockon:

Now, they were good refs.

I say that the Aussie fans wait for this stupid ref outside of the stadium and beat the shit out of him... :mad:

Here is the pic of this moron:

187224.jpg

fly so high! said:
Italy did not win this match............the ref did!!!! Ref you are a A-Grade Arsehole,and if you were on fire, i would not even piss on ya!

That was a shocking decision, I have nothing but sympathy for the aussies.

U2@NYC said:
I say that the Aussie fans wait for this stupid ref outside of the stadium and beat the shit out of him... :mad:

Here is the pic of this moron:

187224.jpg

For once U2@NYC, you & I are in agreement.

I am also thinking that, in cases like this, where the ref decides the score in favor of one of the teams, the match should be replayed.

This does not bode well for the match we will play against Germany on Friday. I have this strange feeling that we will get ripped off by a ref, as he will favor the locals.

U2@NYC said:
I am also thinking that, in cases like this, where the ref decides the score in favor of one of the teams, the match should be replayed.

You're just afraid that Argentina might bump into mighty Italy now :wink:

Seriously, the more the Italians win like this, the harder they will be to beat. I already expect them to knock out either Schwitzerland or Ukraine next.

U2@NYC said:

This does not bode well for the match we will play against Germany on Friday. I have this strange feeling that we will get ripped off by a ref, as he will favor the locals.

Doubt if the dinosaurs at fifa would ever agree to that especially as the decision aided one of the bigger nations.

U2@NYC said:
WHAT A RIPOFF!!!!

An embarassment for football. This ignorant moron Spaniard ruined the match.

FIFA needs to figure out a way of playing without refs... they are changing the course of this World Cup.

1. At least 2, preferably 3 on-field referees per match.

2. Video replay. Play already stops when a free kick is called, so this shouldn't be too big of a disruption to the game.

3. Give the referees discretion as to how badly to penalize fouls. There's no reason that every foul in the box should be a PK.

That was the biggest load of Bull****!
Its 1/4 past three in the morning here and I can't go to bed because I'm so bloody mad! :mad:

Bloody refs.

When all is said and done though, we've shown the world that we're a force to be reckoned with. We're so proud of you, our Socceroos.

Last edited:
Well, according to all of your fave commentators - TSN (I know, I know, you guys hate them!), the penalty kick was well deserved.

Woohoo, Italia!! :up:

Anyway, the Aussies dominate at cricket, swimming, rugby, etc so they can't take over football too! :wink:

Of course it was not a penalty, but remember 2002 world cup and match between Italy and Korea.Hiding was a coach of Korea when ref totaly destroyed Italians. I'm not a fan of Italy(was in 1990) but i feel they got justice, specially if we can agree that Materaci should not have been sent off.

The curious thing is :

in 2002 Itally was robbed , completely scandal againts South Korea , who was the coach :

Gus Huddink

And one of the main players , on that episode which got red card :

Totti

Now in 2006

A false Penalty

Who scores .....

Who loses : Gus Hiddink

And who is fucked up and pays the mess :

Australia

Sorry for ya guys

Hey, that's a nice observation, roy keane. Italy was totally robbed too in 2002. That doesn't justify this of course, but it's true.

roy keane said:
Of course it was not a penalty, but remember 2002 world cup and match between Italy and Korea.Hiding was a coach of Korea when ref totaly destroyed Italians. I'm not a fan of Italy(was in 1990) but i feel they got justice, specially if we can agree that Materaci should not have been sent off.

Yeah, you're right, he shouldn't have got a straight red, but all that goes to show is the ref simply wasn't good enough to handle a match of such importance.

ladywithspinninghead said:
Well, according to all of your fave commentators - TSN (I know, I know, you guys hate them!), the penalty kick was well deserved.

Woohoo, Italia!! :up:

haha - I heard that...I was yelling at them when they were saying that. Just goes to show between that and the game yesterday I think they are watching different games than the rest of us!!

Back
Top Bottom