Interference World Cup thread #4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Man said:
Pablo, what do you think the result of the Italy-Aus match is gonna be?

My prediction is that it will be a fought match, without a lot of goals. It all depends on who scores first, if Italy does it, then the match is pretty much over as the Italians defend very well.

I will say Italy 2-1.

U2girl said:

I think the players on both sides lost the match when they decided to play dirty like that. The funny thing at the end was seeing Deco and Portugal players with red cards sitting together in peace.

Deco and Van Bommel are barcelona mates . While the Dutch defenser looked like he still wanted to grab Deco's throat

Yeah confused the Vans , both play in Barca , but the one out is Bronck.

yertle-the-turtle said:
From the BBC

Quote:
Replays appeared to show Figo made some contact with Van Bommel and had he been dismissed, Portugal would have been reduced to nine men against a full-strength Dutch team at the time.

Figo was later involved in more controversy when his tangle with Khalid Boulahrouz led to the Holland defender being dismissed for a second yellow card.

However, Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari defended Figo.

He said: "Jesus said we should turn the other cheek, unfortunately, Figo is not Jesus Christ."

bbc is so affraid of a third england's defeat in a row with portugal in major competitions that they would like to see all the portuguese players suspended or injured.

i wonder if they report also that Boulahrouz should be sent off at the fifth minute after that strok on Ronaldo. Probably they were happy to see that since now Ronaldo is not assured for england. Did they also report the pointless tackle of Kuyt over our goalkeeper Ricardo without any booking? And what about the pushing and shoving from Cocu, Van Vart and Van Bommel over Deco and Petit with the game stopped?

Scolari is asking the red card of deco to be cancelled . He remembers that the 1st yellow came from that nasty attitude of Holland of not returning the ball . Wouldn't be surprised if he succeed , nah 2nd thought the british will never accept it , they are gonna move everything so they dont have to face a complete portugal.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I only posted that because I thought the Jesus thing was humourous.

i know that, it was not a reply to you. sorry.

i just took the oportunity to express my rage with the usual shameful reports from the british press on everything that involves portuguese football. you know...portugal vs. england in the euro 2000, portugal vs. england in the euro 2004, porto vs. man utd in 2004, sporting vs. newcastle in 2005, benfica vs. liverpool in 2006, mourinho's glory in the premiere... it's just too much for them from a country that they used to look from above.

Last edited:
Though mate , I'm sure in this game , Mourinho will be supporting the country he's working now . Judgin by his last attitudes , and statements .

To the ones who dont know a clue of what I'm talkin about , Mourinho , the powerful of Porto and others from the Port Federation were on a personal crusade to mess with Scolari .

Luis Figo will be available to face England on Saturday after FIFA ruled out disciplinary action against the Portugal forward for his headbutt on Holland's Mark van Bommel.

Australia is playing a smart game.

If they can hold Italy scoreless for the first 20 minutes of the second half... who knows...

snowbunny00774 said:
Why are there so many cards this tourney...surely the play can't be any worse than some previous WCs. Any thoughts?

The refs have been instructed to call this World Cup very tightly. Which, of course, leads not just to more cards but also to more ridiculous dives and acting.

I understand if Australia feels robbed now.

For the sake of fairness, we can only hope that Italy would have won anyway, had they not had a player sent off falsely.

Back
Top Bottom