Interference World Cup thread #4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, first of all
I think Holland played crap
second of all
Portugal / Figo is a disgrace to this World Cup
and you can add the ref to the disgrace-list

Both teams were nasty. You had Figo's head-butt on one side and Deco getting pushed down for no reason after play had stopped!

J_NP said:

Relaxa annie cabou ;) Mas esse ehj o lance com felipao , ele eh competente mas as vitorias deles s sempre assim

Eu sei disso... I'm better now... I'm wacthing TV now and the portuguese supporters in Germany are going crazy! I :heart: my country! Even here in Portugal people are already on the streets... Too bad I have an exam tomorrow:huh:

ntalwar said:

I'm just kidding. I thought you're trying to say something secret.:wink:

dont worry , the best always stays for the pms :wink:

So we had the battle of nuremberg

Wonders if we will got the battle of kaiserslautern tomorrow

Now they're showing my home on TSN. :( Oh, I miss it... I definitely have to go back for the World Cup 2010!

GibsonGirl said:
Now they're showing my home on TSN. :( Oh, I miss it... I definitely have to go back for the World Cup 2010!

i would like to go south africa but i wouldnt feel safe:(

This was one... very hands on match. I've just started watching the world cup for the first time (first game I actually watched in completion was Mexico v. Iran). Is soccer usually this... firey? So many yellow and red cards handed out by the ref...

By the way, does anyone know who that ref is? The one who was writing on his pad and handing all the cards out... (is he the ref ref, or the assistant ref)?

Sorry I sound so green. I only get to watch the games rarely as I only get the free channels and only two broadcast it (ABC 7 and 41 Univision).

vaz02 said:

i would like to go south africa but i wouldnt feel safe:(

I wouldn't feel safe either, and I was born there! The violence is half the reason my family and I left a few years ago. Still, I think it's nice to see that the World Cup will be played there. It'll be very good for SA and South African football, I think.

Actually, I don't think the ref was that bad today....He sucked big time at the Switzerland-France game, but today, almost all of his actions were correct according to fifa regulations. It's the bloody Fifa to blame....or even better, blame that despotic Sepp Blatter.

Only Boulahrouz's second yellow was totally wrong....... thank you fourletter-word start with an F*** :mad:

A few remarks...

the ref....I actually think he did quite well in an orgy of violence. He has to hand out all those cards when the players behave like that.

Holland...shameful lack of fair play, and their deliberate and succesful attempt at injuring C. Ronaldo will hardly be forgotten soon and was probably an important reason why things went the way they did.

Portugal....they were the better team, and deserved the win. Even with a nutcase among them. Figo's header? He shouldn't have done it, but he didn't really hit the Dutch guy. He fell down like a sissy.

Here's hoping Portugal will kick England's butt in the quarter finals.

And after 4 years ....

Again on a ....

World Cup

Quarter Final :

362084-4284-ga.jpg
V.S.
sven.jpg

snowbunny00774 said:
GG...how will ticket sales be there? (good show)

Oh, they'll sell out stadiums on a regular basis. I think fans from other areas of the world will be less likely to travel to support their teams (because of the crime) but it's a huge sport in South Africa so the South Africans will certainly pitch up. Ticket sales will definitely be good.

Sevikins said:
This was one... very hands on match. I've just started watching the world cup for the first time (first game I actually watched in completion was Mexico v. Iran). Is soccer usually this... firey? So many yellow and red cards handed out by the ref...

By the way, does anyone know who that ref is? The one who was writing on his pad and handing all the cards out... (is he the ref ref, or the assistant ref)?

Uh - no. The 16 cards tied a record for the World Cup.
It was a Russian ref who should be canned.

btw - I think the ref got better in the 2nd half. But he was blind in the 1st half.

Last edited:
roy keane said:
If ref had given first red card to a player who injured Ronaldo the game would have been different

Maybe, but according to Fifa regulations, the yellow card was correct....and you have to know that this tournament is all about fifa regulations (or did you really think it was about football??)

Vorsprung said:

Maybe, but according to Fifa regulations, the yellow card was correct....and you have to know that this tournament is all about fifa regulations (or did you really think it was about football??)

Preach brother Preach!

seb blatter is a cunt

roy keane said:
If ref had given first red card to a player who injured Ronaldo the game would have been different

:yes: For sure , that's where He lost the game

U2Man said:
Holland...shameful lack of fair play, and their deliberate and succesful attempt at injuring C. Ronaldo will hardly be forgotten soon and was probably an important reason why things went the way they did.
the assault at Ronaldo was a bad one and should have been a red card, but I can't believe Holland wil be th eteam who will be remembered for lack of fair play
you can argue whether Heitinga should have played the ball back to Portugal, you can't argue that Deco isn't judge, jury and exectionar and his disgraceful tackle was a red card
according to Van der Sar Portugal only tried to stall time and tried to get under our skin
I think he was a bit overemotianal and that it wasn't that bad, but he's not far off with this

overall I don't think Holland deserved to win this match
but the entire match turned out to be a big disgrace that didn't deserve any winner

GibsonGirl said:

Oh, they'll sell out stadiums on a regular basis. I think fans from other areas of the world will be less likely to travel to support their teams (because of the crime) but it's a huge sport in South Africa so the South Africans will certainly pitch up. Ticket sales will definitely be good.

I hope to go. One of my long-term (short-term?) ambitions is to have a good sporting day taking in rugby, cricket and World Cup football in South Africa.

yertle-the-turtle said:

I hope to go. One of my long-term (short-term?) ambitions is to have a good sporting day taking in rugby, cricket and World Cup football in South Africa.

:lol:

that made me laugh lol, your long term ambition is to take in a DAY of sports :lol:.

not sure if that counts as short or long term lol.

I always considered Sven overrated coach.I really can't remember his big trophy aside scudetto with Lazio. Now you see i'm a big England fan and i think it'll be big battle between coaches.Sven with a better team (Ronaldo,Figo,Deco will be out) or big Fil with eleven world cup victories in a row.Sven lost two years ago, lost four years ago but i think will winn this time and it would have nothing with his coach abilities but simply with the fact that without Figo (who will be suspended), Deco and Ronaldo England is better.

Back
Top Bottom