Interference World Cup thread #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
US's left defense side is now a party to Italy , someone gotta watch that place .

Wow I was about to say that US is playin better than the opening day , and with one less , and they just scored , yeah off-side but still , Italy is in some hot water

If Perrota is not back , then Italy is with 9 as well , and without him the defense gets really messy

Great Referee , the assistand didnt give anything , but He corrected and he even gave a yel. card , great call.

this ref screwed up right at the start when he gave Totti the yellow, since then it's been mayhem, there should be fewer yellows in this game and only one red, but when you start that way you have essentially established the "standard" for the rest of the game

People here are calling it the "Flag Curse" , dont know if u saw , but there's a brazilian flag behind , wheres Keller now , and it's same color , the clothe Keller is using , so it must be gainst Italians

Last edited:
Cannavaro is one hell of defenser , the star is Nesta , but he for me is the best , every team would want him . Well I wanted him on mine.

Yup this tie is not very good for US , but it's US putting ketchup in the lasagna .

Holy Shit that was a PK

Ok, looks like we need to tie or beat the Czechs to go through, 1st game was so promising, an unusually fast start to a major tournament for the Italians, but they clearly underestimated the US.

The Ref did his fair share to spoil the game by whipping out the yellows so soon.

Crap. The USA had their chances in this game, now they have to beat Ghana with a crippled defensive lineup. Also Italy pretty much has to beat the Czech Republic (a tie probably won't help the USA because of goal diff).

I hope the referee gets a red card and is booted from the tournament.

roy keane said:
Could we agree it was the best game so far?

No. Lots of effort for the wrong reasons, and the US efforts weren't very skillful or creativr, and the Italians didn't come to play and couldn't regroup when they realized they had a game to play. Plus the Ref had too much say in the game. Absolutely not even close to the best game so far.

From an individual team performance, Spain vs. Ukraine and Argentina vs. Serbia.

Best game so far I'd say is still Argentina Ivory Coast

So we will have 2 games of the desesperates , Italy X Czech , who loses probably is goodbye . Even worse with US X Ghana , so pretty rocking games are coming .

In Italy's case specially , if they tie , depending of Ghana , they face Brazil . If Italy loses , and Ghana wins , then Italy home , and Ghana Brazil . Pretty Interesting.

Bad Choice for Ghana , they could have made lots of goals , and they will need it for the classification , specially coz this can make they face Brazil . Wow cant wait for next round , I love WC :drool:

i love how the americans on tv were moaning about the referee etc, now granted he was giving too many cards, but the USA set the tone for a game like this right from the kickoff with all the fouling, and it backfired on them. they decided to clatter the Italians from the kickoff.

weren't there americans in here saying how awful it was that australia played like"animals" and always fouling or something the other day? well the american team fouled, knocked people over etc more than most teams i've seen so far...

they did very well to hang on for the draw, that said Italy were very dissapointing.

No way , save for the PKs , and the off-side all the cards he gave was completely right . Would rather him than the guy that let Irans kick portugals asses.

BTW and the machine guns on the mouths keep on , the Kewell I think from Australia said that ' it was the same thing , playing Brazil or Liechtenstein ' :lol: Ha right .......

great result for USA, they have it all to do now against ghana, gl to them.

Italy i think are going out.

This is what I think...

The US played better overall despite the high foul count in the first half. Italy could've played much better. They could've shown more coordination amongst their forwards. And the red cards against the US were underserved and unfair. This is coming from a guy that was rooting for Italy for sentimental reasons. lol.

The next time I see that annoying term 'PK' I'm gonna throw a brick thru my window! :mad:

the rockin edge said:
i love how the americans on tv were moaning about the referee etc, now granted he was giving too many cards, but the USA set the tone for a game like this right from the kickoff with all the fouling, and it backfired on them. they decided to clatter the Italians from the kickoff.

weren't there americans in here saying how awful it was that australia played like"animals" and always fouling or something the other day? well the american team fouled, knocked people over etc more than most teams i've seen so far...

they did very well to hang on for the draw, that said Italy were very dissapointing.

The Americans played a very physical game that the Italians had trouble handling, Italy were poor though. The ref was right with the red cards as well...too many yellows maybe, but the reds I found just.

I found it quite a tense and exciting match....not pretty granted but very exciting. The best game so far has been the Argentinian demolition of Serbia Montenegro....that was glorious football:drools:

I would say that the best game so far , at least for the 1st half , was I Coast X Holland . Argentina's , well it was one team play , Serbia should never got into the field with all those problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom