Interference World Cup thread #3 - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2006, 04:55 AM   #316
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:55 PM
You know, if everyone was calling Ronaldo fat they've been awfully quiet on Marko "70%" Viduka.

Old 06-23-2006, 05:35 AM   #317
you are what you is

Local Time: 09:55 AM
I don't think Ronaldo is fat, but as great a player as he still is it can't be denied that he can't even make a sprint anymore
against better oposition Brasil might get in trouble playing Ronaldo when in this shape

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 06-23-2006, 05:52 AM   #318
Refugee

Local Time: 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
You know, if everyone was calling Ronaldo fat they've been awfully quiet on Marko "70%" Viduka.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:11 AM   #319
ONE
love, blood, life

Posted this a while back.

Quote:
The secret's out - the Socceroos were ordinary in their World Cup warm-up match against Liechtenstein because they had eaten too much.

At least, that's the verdict of Lothar Eiermann, the director of Camp Socceroo - the five-star Wald and Schlosshotel in Friedrichsruhe.

The Australian media were invited to take a tour of the hotel today and Mr Eiermann told the assembled throng he wasn't surprised the Socceroos started so slowly against the Liechtensteiners.

His theory is that the players had eaten so much, it took them 20 minutes to run it off. "One player had three steaks on one plate, but we have very good steaks," Mr Eiermann said.
Guess who?

That said I don't dislike Viduka because he's fat (which he isn't, to be perfectly honest, I just thought it was a funny story to bring up and all that Ronaldo taunting was getting a bit annoying - Ronaldo's hardly bigger than Viduka here). I dislike him because he gets on my nerves, for his very poor attitude up in Scotland, for dropping the 'o' from his first name, and for his Leeds connections.

Still, congratulations to you lot for making it. I wonder if Christian and Max Vieri were taken on by their respective international sides...might have made for an interesting encounter.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:32 AM   #320
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:55 PM
Funnneeeeeeeeeee!!
Old 06-23-2006, 08:26 AM   #321
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Salome
I don't think Ronaldo is fat, but as great a player as he still is it can't be denied that he can't even make a sprint anymore
against better oposition Brasil might get in trouble playing Ronaldo when in this shape

No disrespect, but Brazil has not yet played any of the top teams so far. They should have a nice test in the quarterfinals if they face Spain.

That gives Ronaldo a couple of days to chug a few more burgers...
Old 06-23-2006, 08:29 AM   #322
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by DignityPassesBy
Hiddink beat Italy last time with korea so why can't we
Well, anything is possible in the World Cup.

I, however, think that Italy is stronger this time around and that they can go far in this tournament. But, hey, in 90 minutes anything can happen.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:31 AM   #323
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by bayernfc
BTW, are you guys as sick of the "I don't know anything about football...but GO BRAZIL so-called fans" as I am? For god's sake if you're supporting a team know something about the game first. Ok, end of rant, move along.
Incredibly sick.

They are bandwagoners that know that Brazil is the biggest favorite and want to have an excuse to celebrate. It happened to me at the cafeteria yesterday where there were like 200 people watching the game and cheering for Brazil, and less than 30 were Brazilians, including two security guards, that were from Azerbaijan and Pakistan, respectively.

I took a little revenge by yelling like crazy when Japan scored... although I knew that it could not last for long.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:51 AM   #324
ONE
love, blood, life

I thought Argentina was the biggest favourite this time

Rule number 1: If your own country didn't qualify, always stick to the underdogs.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:40 AM   #325
you are what you is

the Aussie - Italy match might result in the biggest upset of this World Cup (mostly because of the combination of Hiddink's genius and the Aussie sporting mentality)

but Italy wll probably score in the 4th minute and play the rest of the game to maintain their 1-0 advantage

I don't think anyone is the main favourite to win this World Cup
it's still up between about 5 teams
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 06-23-2006, 09:47 AM   #326
Refugee

Local Time: 01:55 AM
It might just be me, but every time I see Bruce Arena interviewed, I see a condescending smarmy arrogant New Yorker you just want to punch until he bleeds...........

And as for those "I don't know soccer but I love Brazil" 'fans', they're really no different than the "I don't know soccer but I love Man Utd" or the "I don't know baseball but I love the Yankees" 'fans', so we all know where they belong on the evolutionary ladder.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:02 AM   #327
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Ronaldo is so fat that he went to the movies and sat next to everyone.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:05 AM   #328
ONE
love, blood, life

I don't know much baseball but I do like the Yankees. They have some good players, and Hideki Matsui plays for them, so.

It's not really that big a problem. Brazil are a fun team to watch, why not as a neutral watch and root for them?
Old 06-23-2006, 10:17 AM   #329
you are what you is

Brasil (arguably) plays some of th emost attractive footbal in the world
so I agree you can't really blame neutral watchers to support them

The Netherlands are gonna join the rest of the world with playing the dead boring variety of football, but this time we shall try to go all the way
~Frank Zappa
Old 06-23-2006, 10:21 AM   #330
Refugee

I have nothing against the neutral watchers, hell, those can be the most fun audience.... it's those that are just not even soccer fans, claim the game is just too boring and should be reduced to just repeat of the goals scored, yet walk around with Brazil jerseys, but can't pick Ronaldo out of a line up.

Anyhow, that's just my two cents. Can't wait for tomorrow's matches. Germany-Sweden should be exciting.