Interference World Cup thread #3 - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-22-2006, 05:21 PM   #286
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,016
Local Time: 11:57 AM
great job by the aussies
played to their strengths and deserved (at least) the draw
__________________

__________________
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is offline  
Old 06-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #287
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,846
Local Time: 10:57 AM
No but is serious mate , I thought strange , his shirt looked too big , I really thought he was a bit fat or strong dont know strange , by the goals I've seen of him in Corinthians he seemed thinner.

Though I dont agree with the prize , it should've been given either to Ronaldinho or Juninho
__________________

__________________
J_NP is offline  
Old 06-22-2006, 05:23 PM   #288
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
1stepcloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 3,764
Local Time: 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC


I don't get it... 3 yellow cards???!!!
The referee issued the player with his 2nd yellow card of the game but failed to produce a red card. He must have forgotten about the earlier booking. Then in the 92nd minute the player got his 3rd yellow card of the match and Graham Poll finally sent him off. So he got 3 yellow cards in total. Was crazy. Anyway, well done to the aussie's for getting through.
__________________
1stepcloser is offline  
Old 06-22-2006, 05:25 PM   #289
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
U2@NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Back in Buenos Aires
Posts: 4,281
Local Time: 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser


The referee issued the player with his 2nd yellow card of the game but failed to produce a red card. He must have forgotten about the earlier booking. Then in the 92nd minute the player got his 3rd yellow card of the match and Graham Poll finally sent him off. So he got 3 yellow cards in total. Was crazy. Anyway, well done to the aussie's for getting through.
An English referee... embarassing.

Pretty bad for the image of English soccer.
__________________
U2@NYC is offline  
Old 06-22-2006, 05:26 PM   #290
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: at pavel's
Posts: 11,603
Local Time: 11:57 AM
I was wondering, since Ronaldo is playing for Brazil, why isn't Maradona playing for Argentina? I think they have just about the same weight.
__________________
U2Man is offline  
Old 06-22-2006, 05:26 PM   #291
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
U2@NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Back in Buenos Aires
Posts: 4,281
Local Time: 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by J_NP
No but is serious mate , I thought strange , his shirt looked too big , I really thought he was a bit fat or strong dont know strange , by the goals I've seen of him in Corinthians he seemed thinner.

Though I dont agree with the prize , it should've been given either to Ronaldinho or Juninho
There was no mention of that in any of the Argentine shows I watch... I am sure that the next thing will be to say that he is on drugs or anything so they can compare it to Maradona and stuff.

He has longer hair now, maybe because of that?
__________________
U2@NYC is offline  
Old 06-22-2006, 05:31 PM   #292
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,846
Local Time: 10:57 AM
One question dudes , who to you was best on field ?
__________________
J_NP is offline  
Old 06-22-2006, 05:33 PM   #293
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: at pavel's
Posts: 11,603
Local Time: 11:57 AM
Graham Poll.
__________________
U2Man is offline  
Old 06-22-2006, 05:38 PM   #294
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,846
Local Time: 10:57 AM
Why isnt Ramos playing for US ?
__________________
J_NP is offline  
Old 06-22-2006, 05:40 PM   #295
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man
I was wondering, since Ronaldo is playing for Brazil, why isn't Maradona playing for Argentina? I think they have just about the same weight.
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 06-22-2006, 05:41 PM   #296
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: at pavel's
Posts: 11,603
Local Time: 11:57 AM
__________________
U2Man is offline  
Old 06-22-2006, 05:48 PM   #297
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,846
Local Time: 10:57 AM
"THE Facts" of Aus X Cro

YC > Simic (C), Tudor (C), Pletikosa (C), Simunic (C) e Emerton (A)

RC > Simic (C), Simunic (C), e Emerton (A)
__________________
J_NP is offline  
Old 06-22-2006, 05:55 PM   #298
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man

__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 06-22-2006, 08:22 PM   #299
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Zwischen Null und Zero
Posts: 2,025
Local Time: 05:57 AM
Congrats to the Aussies.... they deserved it. (So did the US. )

Anyhow, who do you think will pull this off? Argentina? As always I'm rooting for Germany.


BTW, are you guys as sick of the "I don't know anything about football...but GO BRAZIL so-called fans" as I am? For god's sake if you're supporting a team know something about the game first. Ok, end of rant, move along.
__________________
bayernfc is offline  
Old 06-22-2006, 08:27 PM   #300
The Fly
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Cheltenham
Posts: 130
Local Time: 10:57 AM
Quote:
BTW, are you guys as sick of the "I don't know anything about football...but GO BRAZIL so-called fans" as I am?
Doesn't Bono say that?
__________________

__________________
bonsai is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com