Interference World Cup thread #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zootlesque said:
umm... cos India never qualifies? :grumpy: I think they win in the Asian level but that's it.

Ever since I watched 'Beckenbauer's Bombers' win Italia 90, I've been a Germany nut.

India has a football team :ohmy:

WOW JUST WHAT I SAID

:wink:

Lets see how the game goes now

Great amend by R Marques after that screw up with Port

BTW check out this , couldnt remember but this was from a scottish or a british site , not so sure , If it was british who write it , then they are really hating Sven and cia.

"

Some minutes before the game Brazil x England, Ronaldinho enters in the dressing room and finds all its colleagues short while discouraged.

- What is the problem? - question it.
- Well, we are having problems in motivating for this game. We know that it is important, but it's just England. They are an excrement and we couldn't care less.

Ronaldinho looks at them and says:

- Well, I think that I can win them alone. You can go to the bar.

Then Ronaldinho leaves to play alone against England while the remaining portion of the teams goes to full the face. After some beers, they ask as the game is going and asks for to the owner of the bar so that he turns the TV.

They commemorate when they read in the screen “Brazil 1 - England 0 (Ronaldinho at 10 minutes)”.

-He is taking care alone of England!

Plus some beers later, the game is forgotten until somebody remembers:

- The game already must have finished now, goes to see how he did. And The TV says . “Resulted of the stadium: Brazil 1 (Ronaldinho to the 10 minutes) - England 1 (Lampard to the 89 minutes).” They badly can believe ; alone he obtained to tie up to with England!

They run in return to the stadium to congratulate Ronaldinho. They find it in the dressing room, of uniform, still seated with the hands in the face. He refuses to look at them. - I disappointed you, I I disappointed you. - No way , you obtained one tie up alone with England. And they only marked a goal in final

- Not, not, I, I disappointed you. I got a red card at the 12th minute.

"

:lmao:

U2Man said:

India has a football team :ohmy:

India has lots of club teams too. :wink: I think they even qualified for the world cup once in the 50s if I'm not mistaken. But they're just better at cricket so football isn't given as much importance. :sigh:

I wonder if that second goal will be credited to Crespo or Borgetti. :wink:

Zootlesque said:

India has lots of club teams too. :wink: I think they even qualified for the world cup once in the 50s if I'm not mistaken. But they're just better at cricket so football isn't given as much importance. :sigh:

I think they qualified but refused to take the field because FIFA (or the equivalent organizers at the time) said they couldn't be barefoot!

India are hardly powerhouses, even on the Asian scene. They have a pretty decent striker called Bhaichung Bhutia who played for Bury in England for a while.

yertle-the-turtle said:

I think they qualified but refused to take the field because FIFA (or the equivalent organizers at the time) said they couldn't be barefoot!

Yeah. :slant:

Man, Argentina's diving left and right here! :eyebrow:

Heinze reacted so quickly, you couldn't tell whether he was aiming for the ball or the player. The yellow card was appropriate.

We are playing like shit.

We need to improve big time.

And we got a break with Heinze. He needs to be replaced as he is not doing crap.

Zootlesque said:

this reminds me of something I noticed during the Australia - Croatia team
the guy who takes the corners from the right side for Australia really should try to get in the Australia cricket team as a bowler
the way he manages to kick the bal against the closest opponent's leg would mean he would trap any opponent lbw
not quite what you look for in a corner though :hmm:

What a great and entertaining game - and (regardless of what you think about the colour of the card) a descent ref for once :up:

U2Man said:
What a great and entertaining game - and (regardless of what you think about the colour of the card) a descent ref for once :up:

Entertaining for others... :wink:

I am about to have a heart attack.

I cannot believe how bad Argentina's midfield is playing. They need to get the ball and calm down.

A break in the first half. Hope the second half is different.

U2@NYC said:
We are playing like shit.

We need to improve big time.
I don't think Argentina is playing that bad
it's just that Mexico took them by surprise (a bit) and are giving it everything they've got
Argentina can still do a bit better I think

Salome said:
the way he manages to kick the bal against the closest opponent's leg would mean he would trap any opponent lbw
not quite what you look for in a corner though :hmm:

:lol:

that's great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom