Interference World Cup thread #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy, by the way, is the toast of Singapore at the moment:

http://www.ratetheref.net/referees/view.php?Id=5

FIFA were apparently so impressed with him they gave him a second match to ref. And then a third. Now they may bring him in for a fourth.

Plus he's apparently rated best ref of the Cup so far on Soccernet, especially after Graham Poll's abysmal showing a few days ago. This particular incident (the Soccernet rating) actually got a half-page report in the sports pages.

Personally I think it's both hilarious and oddly moving at the same time.

xaviMF22 said:

Ok, ok. You can cheer for Mexico. I'll cheer for Argentina and later today, we'll celebrate Argentina's victory with a bunch of fat Ronaldo jokes :wink:

U2Man said:

Ok, ok. You can cheer for Mexico. I'll cheer for Argentina and later today, we'll celebrate Argentina's victory with a bunch of fat Ronaldo jokes :wink:

yes and I'll cheer when Brazil yet again wins another cup:madspit: :madspit:

U2Man said:

A wise Indian man once told me....

Familiarity breeds contempt

:lol:!!!

What a fantastic game that was! Germany kicked some solid ass!

I cannot wait for Germany vs. Argentina. :hyper:

Yes... that's of course assuming Argentina wins. :shifty:

I would think that Argentina will beat Mexico
part of me also hopes they will, because Argentina sv Germany would be quite a clash

nothing would really surprise me though
since luck (especially when it comes to the referees) seems to play too large a part in this World Cup

MMm By the last comments , it's clear that U2man is south american , needless to say which country , and adding that he didnt want GER on quarter finals.

U2Man is from Denmark. Where's your team this time, U2Man? :wink:

I have always and will always be a Germany fan! :rockon:

Why? :shifty:

Zootlesque said:
U2Man is from Denmark. Where's your team this time, U2Man? :wink:

I have always and will always be a Germany fan! :rockon:

Why? :shifty:

How can an Indian become a Germany fan? :huh:

MMm talkin bout Denmark now , tell me mate where are the whereabout of the Laudrup Brothers .... Always liked the older , dont remember his name , the Midfielder one was fantastic

Last edited:
umm... cos India never qualifies? :grumpy: I think they win in the Asian level but that's it.

Ever since I watched 'Beckenbauer's Bombers' win Italia 90, I've been a Germany nut.

J_NP said:
MMm talkin bout Denmark now , tell me mate where are the whereabout of the Laudrup Brothers .... Always the older , dont remember his , the Midfielder one was fantastic

Finally someone remembering and asking about the Laudrup brothers :applaud:

Both have stopped playing on a professional level, they're playing a bit of old-boys football now.

The older brother, Michael, has entered the world of coaching. He has been the coach of Brondby IF, one of the two biggest Danish clubs here, for the last 4 years. However, they couldn't agree on prolonging the contract, so he's looking for a new club now. Several Spanish clubs, including Real, have been mentioned.

Brian is running some kind of football school for teenagers (developing talents) and doing a lot of TV jobs.

J_NP said:

How can an Denmarker become a Argentina fan ?

Because he grew up watching some beautiful football from that country, including the World Cup '86. Maradona's solo goal :drool:

Now, let's not go further with this, because I don't want to insult any German fans here. (Except maybe Zootlesque, but he can take it :wink: )

As much as I liked the older one , all I can remember is the Brian's face like a queer in 98 :huh: In that Game gainst , Brazil , before Rivaldo finished the game , the Brian scored , he's still thankin RC for that one , and he did that gay face , everybody talked bout it :|

J_NP said:
As much as I liked the older one , all I can remember is the Brian's face like a queer in 98 :huh: In that Game gainst , Brazil , before Rivaldo finished the game , the Brian scored , he's still thankin RC for that one , and he did that gay face , everybody talked bout it :|

Well, he's not gay, if that's any comfort, lol. I think he tried to look like a model or something, it was for fun.

Legendary game that match. Sadly our defence was shit, but if Denmark ever had a chance of beating Brazil in a quarter final at the world cup, this was the moment, I believe.

Nah I know , just messin around :wink: But that could be hilarious his face , if wasnt so strange . Coz it's like in a big time , pretty tough game everybody expect who scores to put out the frustration and all , and when he did , he did like that :lmao: Still gotta say , his brother was one of those that really deserved the Shirt #10 .

Anyway let's to the game , mmmm somethin tells me that there's gonna be a penalty story in this game :hmm:

yertle-the-turtle said:

Has Kim Milton Nielsen retired?

Yes, he's still a ref in the Danish league, but I think he has retired from international games. Don't know if it is because he is too old now :shrug:

He could have been useful at this World Cup, though. He was one of the best.

By the anthems , the Mexicans looked much more into the game than Argentinias , one more reason for root for them , they look like they got more heart today , and a lot of Argentinians didnt even sing it .......:|

Again I say , its gonna be interesting to see how argentina reacts if they take the 1st goal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom