Interference World Cup thread #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mabe0623.jpg

:lmao:

Last edited:
Ok, i'm not a Brazil fan.... but cool it with the Ronaldo jokes. Beckham's much more deserving... ;)

I'm just worried about the possible Germany-Argentina clash. That'll be a sight to see.

roy keane said:
Even fat Ronaldo is better then 95% attackers in this world cup.Face it, he is a legend

:applaud: :applaud: :yes:

That's what I'm talking , people can call him and more whatever they want , If he keeps on with goals , he may be still below his weight , but still people will have to swallow that he is the top scorer ever of the WC

If there's some justice , He will be given a statue

the rockin edge said:
the 2nd Swiss goal :|:|:|:|

awful ref decision :down: the linesman had his flag up.....how the hell can the goal count???

It seems that the referee thought the Korean defender kicked the ball back, hence no offside. I haven't seen a replay slowly enough to be able to tell.

the rockin edge said:
the 2nd Swiss goal :|:|:|:|

awful ref decision :down: the linesman had his flag up.....how the hell can the goal count???

I agree. :up:

And look at this:

Schwitzerland - Ukraine :yawn: :yawn:

France - Spain. Shouldn't take place so early in the tournament :tsk: :tsk:

Well, I guess France only have themselves to blame. Nice to see that they've finally decided to enter the game, though.

speedracer said:

It seems that the referee thought the Korean defender kicked the ball back, hence no offside. I haven't seen a replay slowly enough to be able to tell.

The Korean was the last one who touched the ball, so no offside. The referee was correct. :up:

speedracer said:

The Korean defender did kick the ball back, so it was not an offside (plus, the referee was Argentine and we are always right... :wink: ). The assistant only had his flag up because he did not see the Korean defender touch the ball.

Good call. And, as usual, awful commentary by the ESPN guys saying that it was the wrong call. As usual, the U.S. commentators do not have a clue about football.

The espn comentators are complete idiots :crack: i never pay any attention to what they say.

speedracer said:

but the linesman put his flag up....the Koreans saw that and stopped defending. Once he puts the flag up the play has been altered.

bad decision by the ref, even if it wasn't offside. :down:

the rockin edge said:

but the linesman put his flag up....the Koreans saw that and stopped defending. Once he puts the flag up the play has been altered.

bad decision by the ref, even if it wasn't offside. :down:

Bad decision by the Koreans.

Until you hear the whistle blow, the game is not stopped. The referee has the authority to continue the game regardless of what the assistant says. By stopping the game, the referee would have altered the game in favor of Korea, even though there was nothing wrong with the play.

So the Korean team is at fault for not paying attention to the referee.

U2@NYC said:

Bad decision by the Koreans.

Until you hear the whistle blow, the game is not stopped. The referee has the authority to continue the game regardless of what the assistant says. By stopping the game, the referee would have altered the game in favor of Korea, even though there was nothing wrong with the play.

So the Korean team is at fault for not paying attention to the referee.

This seems like an important point. Thanks for clarifying.

He was off side.

99.99999999999999999% of all refs would have used their whistle. No wonder the Koreans stopped playing.

U2Man said:
He was off side.

99.99999999999999999% of all refs would have used their whistle. No wonder the Koreans stopped playing.

He was not.

No wonder the Danes have not won a World Cup.

:D

He was off-side , the prob was the koreans messed up

Anybody believes France can take out Spain .......

Latest betting odds to win WC (just to frustrate j_np ):wink: :

Brazil 3 to 1
Germany 6 to 1
France 18 to 1
Argentina 7 to 2
Italy 15 to 2
Holland 12 to 1
England 13 to 2
Spain 10 to 1
Portugal 25 to 1
Sweden 50 to 1
Mexico 80 to 1
Ukraine 66 to 1
Ecuador 125 to 1
Australia 80 to 1
Ghana 66 to 1
Switzerland 66 to 1

Luvin’ the World Cup so far. I don’t come here much because of my schedule I’m watching most of the games a few hours late, so I don’t want any spoilers. The standard of the commentators here has improved although they are still a long way from where they should be, and two. Aside from one group they would all be better off tf the '2nd guy' was to swap with the 'main guy'.
They really do miss the subtleties of good midfield play. I remember the last WC some wanker was on about an 'Upsy-downy'. I still haven’t sussed out what he was on about. My prediction:
If England score more goals than the opposition until the end of the tourney, they will win.
Off to the pub – ‘night.

http://www.shakespearepub.com/

Last edited:
nice to see france play up to their potential today.

good games by viera and and henry... it's almost as those two are GUNNING to play together again.

:sexywink:

Eliv8 said:
Luvin’ the World Cup so far. I don’t come here much because of my schedule I’m watching most of the games a few hours late, so I don’t want any spoilers. The standard of the commentators here has improved although they are still a long way from where they should be, and two. Aside from one group they would all be better off tf the '2nd guy' was to swap with the 'main guy'.
They really do miss the subtleties of good midfield play. I remember the last WC some wanker was on about an 'Upsy-downy'. I still haven’t sussed out what he was on about. My prediction:
If England score more goals than the opposition until the end of the tourney, they will win.
Off to the pub – ‘night.

http://www.shakespearepub.com/

Just got back from a week in sunny Ibiza, the commentators on Spanish tv are fabulous, couldn't understand a word they where saying, but for adding atmosphere to a game they make old motty sound like he's giving a speech in the house of dinosaurs(lords)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom