Interference World Cup thread #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bayernfc said:
I have nothing against the neutral watchers, hell, those can be the most fun audience.... it's those that are just not even soccer fans, claim the game is just too boring and should be reduced to just repeat of the goals scored, yet walk around with Brazil jerseys, but can't pick Ronaldo out of a line up.

Anyhow, that's just my two cents. Can't wait for tomorrow's matches. Germany-Sweden should be exciting. :)

im a huge fan of sweden's play , nice little counter attacking team with huge characters.

however germany will be in full flow in the knockouts.

since I hope Sweden will win 2-1 I am going to jinx Germany and predict that the Germans will win 1-0

ha! got you there Klinsman

Salome said:
the Aussie - Italy match might result in the biggest upset of this World Cup (mostly because of the combination of Hiddink's genius and the Aussie sporting mentality)

but Italy wll probably score in the 4th minute and play the rest of the game to maintain their 1-0 advantage :D

I don't think anyone is the main favourite to win this World Cup
it's still up between about 5 teams :shrug:

:lol:

your man's a freak, you know. he took our lot and did this! it's bloody awesome! pity he's off to russia next. the man has itchy feet, huh.

i half agree re: the rest. italy will score early, and we will wait til after the 80th to level. it's all part of our "better late than never" world cup philosphy '06.

:shifty:

Klinsmann is one of my childhood heros so obviously, hope he does well, with the team.

A rather stupid question.... if a player gets a yellow card in the group stages and gets another one in the round of 16, he's disqualified for the next match...right?

There was this really fat guy that wanted to lose weight but no matter what diet he tried, nothing worked.. well one day, as Ronaldo was reading the paper, he saw an ad that said LOSE AS MUCH WEIGHT AS YOU WANT FOR ONLY $1 A POUND. he gets excited and calls the number provided and tells them he wants to lose 10 pounds. well they tell him that they will send a representitive over to his house the next morning. the next morning the door bell rings and he opens the door to find a really hot blonde with a sign on her chest - "if you catch me you can have me"- and the blonde runs off. well Ronaldo started chasing her, and after a while he caught her and they had sex. after she left, he checked his weight and saw that he lost the ten pounds. so the next day he calls and says he wants to lose 20 pounds. same thing happens. he chases the hot blonde, catches her and in the processes loses 20 pounds. well he decides that the 30 pounds he lost so far are not enough so he calls them and tells them that he wants to lose 50 pounds. the person on the other line asks him " sir are you sure? thats too much weight to be lost all at once." and he replies " hell ya im sure" so they say that they will send a representitive over to his house the next morning. the next morning he wakes up to the ringing door bell. excited about losing more wieght and screwing a hot chick, he jumps out of the bed, opens the door and finds himself face to face with a HUGE gorilla. and the gorilla has a sign on its chest. " if i catch you, ill fuck the shit out of you"

bayernfc said:
Klinsmann is one of my childhood heros so obviously, hope he does well, with the team.

A rather stupid question.... if a player gets a yellow card in the group stages and gets another one in the round of 16, he's disqualified for the next match...right?

the group stage cards are not carried over, i dont think.

U2@NYC said:
Ronaldo is so fat that when he goes to a resturant, he looks at the menu and says "okay!"

:wink:

Dude either are you very paranoic that he started to score again , and is afraid your team meet him or somethin like that , coz u keep joking on and on , and on and on . Really there must be truth that line

"Argentinians hate to love Brazilians "

Or something like , whats the point , one or two are funny , but this stopless thing .... :eyebrow: It's like paranoia

the rockin edge said:

should i start the Maradona jokes?

:wink:

if the Swiss draw with Korea and France win 1-0, France go out right?

:drool:

yep france will go out.

Yeah France has to win at least by 2-0 , otherwise they will be havin dinner tomorrow at Paris.

Today's betting odds to win the WC outright:

Brazil 2/1
Argentina 3/1
Germany 5/1
England 6/1
Netherlands 11/1
Italy 7/1
France 19/1
Spain 7/1
Portugal 20/1
Sweden 44/1
Ukraine 71/1
Mexico 75/1
Ecuador 105/1
Ghana 90/1
Switzerland 74/1
South Korea 175/1
Australia 97/1

J_NP said:

Dude either are you very paranoic that he started to score again , and is afraid your team meet him or somethin like that , coz u keep joking on and on , and on and on . Really there must be truth that line

"Argentinians hate to love Brazilians "

Or something like , whats the point , one or two are funny , but this stopless thing .... :eyebrow: It's like paranoia

Hey, they have the toughest team in the competition... so the only thing I can truly make fun of is Ronaldo's weight. So give me a break.

ntalwar said:
Today's betting odds to win the WC outright:

Argentina 3/1
Mexico 75/1

If we cannot beat a team that is 75/1 favorite tomorrow, we do not deserve to be in the World Cup.

VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait a second , Portugal has made 9 points , it's classified , France is in really some hot water , and still people bet more on France :huh:

U2@NYC said:

hitchhikersguidepubb.jpg

J_NP said:
Wait a second , Portugal has made 9 points , it's classified , France is in really some hot water , and still people bet more on France :huh:

That's from bodog.com - odds vary by site.

Not but you got how this is non-sense , france should be like 100/1 or somethin like that , people dont even if they are goin to the round of 16

If the WC was like a league , and ended up today , look what would be the champions , 2nd....

1st - Spain
2nd - Germany
3rd - Brazil
4th - Portugal

J_NP said:
Yeah France has to win at least by 2-0 , otherwise they will be havin dinner tomorrow at Paris.

I know France hasn't looked great, but Togo is already out of contention and has been plagued by internal problems. I wouldn't be surprised if France won 3-0 or 4-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom