Interference: What brings y'all to these here parts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
In light of the "Interference Community" thread, in which Mona mentioned that she doesn't even remember how she found out about Interference, I thought I'd start this thread for people who *do.* ;)

I'm madly embarrassed to mention how I came across Interference, but I'll dish. Last summer, I was doing a Google search for "Bono pictures" for a friend of mine who's a U2 fan and was having a lousy week. I wanted to cobble some together and e-mail them to her. Well, wouldn't you know it--one of the first returns I got was for a thread in...

...you guessed it!...

PLEBA.

That's why I can't knock PLEBA. Without it, I'd have never come here.

Okay...spill it!

I found the Interference chat on Wire and went to that for like 2 years without even registering with the forum.. :lol: :ohmy:

SkeeK did... curse his wretched soul lol... now Im stuck... although Im kept here sheerly by boredom and lack of social life... ah well lol...

One word-Abuse.
I love ABUSE.;)
They promised me TONS of ABUSE here;)
Thank you everybody for not ever letting me down;)
xxox
Diamond
:cool:

You want abuse do you?

You suck diamond.

Just doin my part.
Gotta keep the abuse train running.
Dont wanna be late.
Punctuality is a key to success.

s
u
x
r
s

and such.
Gnight all.

I was away at university and was kinda depressed one night. Having nothing else to do, I went over to the library to surf the Net. I was searching for U2 stuff when i came across Interference. I simply read the forum for about a month before registering.

I was at the Interference main site, I think I was looking for lyrics. And I kind of stumbled into the forum. So I joined.

diamond said:
One word-Abuse.
I love ABUSE.;)
They promised me TONS of ABUSE here;)
Thank you everybody for not ever letting me down;)
xxox
Diamond
:cool:

spanka.gif

:evil: :mac: :tongue: :eeklaugh:

as far as when did I first coming to interference?

I can't really recall, but I think I was looking up info on the elevation tour and came across the site then.

I'm embarassed to admit I was looking at Lyrics.com way back in May 2001, and looking at U2 lyrics. It directed me to a U2LA lyrics page. I figured that "interference" didn't sound very U2ey so it must not be a U2 site, so I skipped it and didn't find it until October 2001. I lurked for about 2 weeks (my rule is, watch a forum, get to recognize people, know the rules and such, THEN join) and then joined.. and I LOVED it. :D I have absolutely no idea how I found it in October, though. :huh:

Kingpin,
who now lives over in FYM told me about this place

It was January 2001, I think I was searching for information for the tour and I stumbled across u2-tours and the 4 little forums on that page.. yes I actually thought there were only 4 forums for a while.

:eek:

I was searching for info on the new album (before they officially released the title), and I ran across a link to this forum where people were arguing about what the name should be. Bikini, Drive, Titanium Soul...etc...and it was starting to get pretty heated, so I registered and put my 2 cents in :).

I was very sick, and I cant afford healthcare so I was forced to go to my local library to use their computers and look up health information. I had never even used a computer before that.
Well, I looked up strictly health info for sometime, but eventually began looking up sites that reflected my other interests.
I remember running into a Wireling at a Popmart show, and hse had asked me if I belonged to Wire. I wasnt yet into computers then, but now that I had access to them I decided to try and find Wire. I did, and began reading and posting.
Chat rooms dont usually work on library computers. If you try to log into any chat room, the comp will freeze. So although I noticed that Wire had a chat feature, i never bothered trying it.
Finally one day i was bored, had finished my work, and decided to just give it a try. Lo and behold, this one worked!!!!! I logged in as MacPhisto one of those first times, and someone remarked "Interesting name..." I now know they said that cuz Elvis already uses that nick sometimes!:D
Anyway, so i began coming more often under the name Miss MacPhisto, and eventually someone mentioned Interfernce.com
I had never been to that site, decided to try it . I eventually registered, and, well, here I am!!! :happy: :macdevil:
It took awhile to get used to chat and the forum, of course, and I wish i could read my first posts. I also wish chat was as lively now as it was then! :slant:
Ah, memories....:heart:

2 years and what did it get me

While i was at uni, i used to read the interference news, back when it was a black page.
I always wanted to find a forum because Wire bugged me and I prefer boards to lists.
I found one at the MDH site where bicyclingfish who used to post here more often, mentioned that interf now had a forum.
It was 2 years ago this week, in July 2000 that I joined up. I also discovered my Wire friend Michael Griffiths posting here and that made me think it must have been a good place.
I sat and watched as rougerum claimed bikini to be the album name but mostly hung out in DOL making friends.

You know....

u2er said:
I found the Interference chat on Wire and went to that for like 2 years without even registering with the forum.. :lol: :ohmy:

I found out about Interference.com in 1996/97... But I always kept to the front page news (which was the BOMB! Props to Elvis)....

Up until last year when I lost my own Internet account and no longer registered at alt.fan.u2 and alt.music.u2... did I finally resort to commune among U2 fans in Interference.

searching for info on the release of atyclb.

i come for the free beer.

I got access to internet only in 1999. First thing I did was searching for news about U2. I got to Interference through a link posted in the now defunct site U2Dublin.com. About one year later I read the announcement in the main page of Interference about the new forum that would open soon. When that happened I read the threads for 1 month before register. I was worried because of my poor english, and because I was not that young, and so on...but then I read a post by NicaMom where she mentioned she was a mom of 3, and that she was born in Nicar?gua...suddenly I felt I could participate. And here I am, 2 years after, hooked as ever.

;)

Paul (aka Acrob@t) replied to one of my comments about U2 on the teletext forum on MTV Europe. We got to talk some more and he mentioned something about new ATYCLB songs that were downloadable (spelling? LOL) from interference.com ...

I heard the songs, my very first post was i think about the songs too, and i haven't been able to get away ever since.

It was the news that attracted me to here, I didn't know there's feedback in interference until the mp3 of ATYCLB were leaked and there was a link directly to the forums in the news section...

My story

Last October I did a search on U2 chat and it took me to the chat page directly. I never even went to the forum or saw it. One day ABEL told me to go read some thing in ZC and the rest as they would say is history.

Well its all down to the big Uncle Pryck!!!!!

:yes:

I was one of those left to the last minute at Matt McGees board, even when it turned into a fireball from Hesten fans..........
I turned into a denfender of Matts and fought my little ass off to bite them off.............

Then I had no choice when that board closed down, which to this day, I still find very unfortunate for poor Matt who worked hard keepin it clean....and goin...

All thanks to Mr Pryck

I still say and hold his name on a pedestal for gettin me through here and Calluna esp for breaking me in faster.....

:yes::up:

Back
Top Bottom