Interference users, help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ganging Up on the Sun is probably my least fav Guster album, still pretty good though.

Lost and Gone Forever and Keep it Together are both fantastic throughout.

Wuss rock :drool:

did you notice the 2 crowd scenes from the Guster on Ice DVD in the WITS video?

I thought you were kidding at first when you pointed it out! Then I watched it again and confirmed. Then, Guster posted a bulletin titled "Bono watches Guster on Ice everday" on myspace. That sealed it. Myspace bulletins never lie.

Add Muse - Absolution to the listened to list.

Liked it a lot, but, was not ready for a Thom Yorke sounding guy. Love the album, though, especially Stockholm Syndrome. Good stuff. Gersey is next.

Blur - The Best Of/Parklife/Blur
Radiohead - The Bends/OK Computer
Beck - Odelay/Sea Change
REM - Automatic For The People/And I Feel Fine...Best Of
Weezer - Blue Album
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique

Uh...my brain is locking up. Good night. :lol:

Thanks Lemon.

I actually own every REM and Radiohead album, big fans of both.

Gave Sea Change as well, and then a few songs by the other artists as well......you named some good stuff! :)

If you're a big Radiohead fan, then I'd highly recommend the videos of Thom Yorke playing two new tracks, Videotape and Down Is The New Up, available on iTunes. The quality is superb, and Videotape has become by far my favourite Radiohead song. It's worth the money!

A few more...

Pulp - Different Class/His N' Hers
Spoon - Girls Can Tell/Gimme Fiction
The Hold Steady - Boys And Girls In America

Thanks for the heads up on the new Radiohead tunes! That album, I hope, will be great.

Lemon, thanks for the added suggestions...I'll check Spoon out, I believe. :)

Yeah, I have. Trust me, I could do this all day for someone else...I have a pretty decent song collection was just looking for some new stuff to add, stuff I was not familiar with, be it recent or older. So far, the things I've gone out and gotten at the behest of this thread have really worked out well.

Listened to

Stars - Set Yourself on Fire

and

Gersey - Storms Dressed As Stars

Liked both, but, liked Set Yourself on Fire better, great stuff. Happy New Year! :)

Beav, thanks.

I have the last 2 on your list, but, am unfamiliar with Hum, and so, will purchase the album you mentioned.

Thanks again.

Yeah, LMPA, the Stars album was great, will buy another, surely.

Ok, have added a few more to the list of stuff I've listened to:

A 2nd Muse album, Black Holes and Revelations.

Also, listened to Kasabian's self titled album.

So, the streak continues, such good recommendations from everyone so far. Black Holes and Revelations, wow, really loved it...the singer gets his Freddy Mercury on on a few songs. :)

Axver, I promise, Porcupine Tree is coming up soon, need to transfer it onto my Ipod so I can give it a listen at work.

Has anyone mentioned Wilco yet? :huh:

Get their album Summerteeth. THAT'S good music.

And I second the Ryan Adams recommendation. What I've heard from Gold is absolutely great. :drool:

I've been all over Wilco since the Uncle Tupelo split......agreed, summerteeth is great, got that before the hype over them started after Yankee Foxtrot Hotel....

I've not listened to a lot of Ryan Adams, maybe I need to revisit.

No spoken words said:
Axver, I promise, Porcupine Tree is coming up soon, need to transfer it onto my Ipod so I can give it a listen at work.

Awesome, I hope you enjoy! :up:

On In Absentia, I think the best picks are Blackest Eyes, Trains, The Sound Of Muzak (the song that got me into them; it's a lyrical gem), and Collapse The Light Into Earth. If In Absentia strikes your fancy, get the out-take Drown With Me (or I can upload it); it's really, really good.

And make sure you check out the song The Rest Will Flow from the Lightbulb Sun album, even if In Absentia isn't quite your thing. If I were making a list of the most beautiful songs ever, it may just be my #1.

martha said:
This is my favorite B&C thread. :heart:

I agree Martha,

I always am checking back to see what bands "no spoken words" is liking. I've uncovered some new material for me too. I had downloaded a Guster album but forgot to listen to it until this thread came along.

No spoken words(most difficult handle ever), Keep giving us your in depth reactions/reviews of the music.

boosterjuice said:

I agree Martha,

I always am checking back to see what bands "no spoken words" is liking. I've uncovered some new material for me too. I had downloaded a Guster album but forgot to listen to it until this thread came along.

No spoken words(most difficult handle ever), Keep giving us your in depth reactions/reviews of the music.

Boosterjuice, I will. And, you can roll with NSW, makes life easier. :)

Addicted to Black Holes and Revelations, by the way, been listening all day long.

No spoken words said:

And, you can roll with NSW, makes life easier. :)

Whenever I see that I think "what does New South Wales have to do with this?" :huh: :)

Back
Top Bottom