Interference, tell us about your christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
where are you celebrating?

who are you celebrating with?

what are you doing?

who are you kissing?

tell us about your christmas

This year will be my first time without my immediate family! My boyfriend and I will be celebrating Christmas with his sister, brother-in-law and his Brit family in England (Manchester). We'll be in the UK for three weeks and we'll be hitting up London, Manchester (of course), Liverpool, the Lake District and Edinburgh. This will be my second trip to London ( :drool: ) and my first time getting to explore more of England and a little bit of Scotland. I leave in 14 days! :hyper:

Last edited:
I will go home to my family, celebrate Christmas eve with them, after that my birthday, finally get U2 by U2 and Zoo TV, get visited by my best friend, maybe visit other friends, attend the dentist for the half-year check-up, go back to Berlin on the 28th or 29th, celebrate New Year's Eve here, and on January 2 studying goes on again.

Will be fun.
Sadly, with the exception of my mother there's no one to kiss :(

My grandmothers will come I think.

I will be spending the holiday at my mom's house with all of my family. Every year my siblings who live nearby come over with their kid's and we have dinner and exchange gifts. Then that night I will be going to the movies with my oldest friend. Will receive a small Christmas kiss from him at end of the night :flirt:

1. Going back to DC :hyper:
2. Prob spending Christmas Day with my family. But I'll be spending the season with former roommates, friars, other friends, and new people I'll meet at the kitchen.
3. Mostly researching for my final research project and job hunting prep :scream:
4. Nobody's ass, because I don't have to go into work for a month!!! Tour managers :down:

1. My 'rents house, Norn Ireland
2. Family & boyfriend
3. Eating, drinking, watching movies, plus more drinking and eating
4. Everyone present during the Crimbo gathering shall receive a Christmas kiss

BonosBaby12 said:

If I were there I would give you a :kiss: :sexywink:

I will dream of that and think it was real :wink:

And one day I will come to the USA, maybe I get the chance during my studies. One semester abroad is planned, and we have a partner university in the USA.

Vincent Vega said:

I will dream of that and think it was real :wink:

And one day I will come to the USA, maybe I get the chance during my studies. One semester abroad is planned, and we have a partner university in the USA.

Awww how sweet! :cute: :hug:

Ooooooh I would love for you to spend a semester in the US! :hyper:

~LadyLemon~ said:
This year will be my first time without my immediate family! My boyfriend and I will be celebrating Christmas with his sister, brother-in-law and his Brit family in England (Manchester). We'll be in the UK for three weeks and we'll be hitting up London, Manchester (of course), Liverpool, the Lake District and Edinburgh. This will be my second trip to London ( :drool: ) and my first time getting to explore more of England and a little bit of Scotland. I leave in 14 days! :hyper:

I can't wait to hear all about it, sis! :drool:

My last day of work until the new year is the 22nd, and I will be spending my holiday here at home. I'll be seeing family, spending time with friends, drinking, eating, opening gifts (hope a new laptop is among those gifts!), and sleeping in as much as possible, since that'll be pretty much gone once school starts up for me again.

Just a typical holiday for me, but typical in this case is good. No one to kiss... Yet. :sexywink:

Lara Mullen said:
1. My 'rents house, Norn Ireland
2. Family & boyfriend
3. Eating, drinking, watching movies, plus more drinking and eating
4. Everyone present during the Crimbo gathering shall receive a Christmas kiss
don't forget we're going to London the days just before Crimbo!!

and you forgot to mention we will watch Elf a dozen times :D

1. I will be celebrating on the beaches of Oahu.

2. My parents, younger brother, grandma, aunt, and four friends will be there as well.

3. Tanning on the beach, swimming, reading lots, driving around the island, shopping, eating and drinking (mmm... mai tai's! :drool: ), and spending time with my family and friends.

4. I won't be kissing anyone.

My Christmas will be spent at home with just my parents and my sister...again. :( It'll probably be cold and miserable, as Canada is prone to be at this time of year. And we won't be able to share it with anyone, except my uncle, who is coming to visit for a few weeks. If I could have it any other way, I would be back home in South Africa for Christmas. It would be like all the Christmasses I had as a kid - middle of summer, whole family at Aunt Jude's house in Melkbosstrand, a lekker big braai (barbeque), followed by a friendly game of rugby and maybe a stroll on the beach towards the end of the day.

But no. This will be the sixth consecutive Christmas spent away from home.

We usually have Christmas eve dinner with my family and then exchange gifts after. Usually have ham, stuffing and all that good stuff. Christmas day we dont do much. Sometimes I go to mass in the morning with my parents.

where are you celebrating? hometown (west Michigan), and probably Chicago (in-laws) or maybe Wisconsin (Phil's grandma). 4+ hour road trips one way, no matter which we choose.

My dad's side = Dec. 23, my parents and sibs = Christmas Eve, my mom's side = Christmas morning, Phil's family = whenever Phil has off work and we can make some road trips if the weather permits.

what are you doing? on either side, we just have buffet style dinners and then the little cousins exchange presents and the adults play a game with white elephant gifts.

Tomorrow night is the HelpDesk Christmas party (just four of us and our spouses) and Dec. 19 is the dept. Christmas party, which I'm on the planning committee for. We don't have a big budget and everyone likes food events, so we're going to a local Asian food restaurant for a long lunch and will have some other games and voluntary gift exchanges throughout the day.

New job = paid vacation Dec. 22 - Jan 1 so I'll be sleeping a lot, watching movies (Love Actually is my "Christmas movie"), and catching up on some web design side jobs.

Well...I finish work at 7:30am christmas morning (don't feel sorry for me, i get paid triple time to work christmas!) So I'll be sleeping until about 1pm. Then we'll head to brother-in-laws for late lunch, and will probably spend the evening there too. There will no doubt be WAY too much beer consumed, and about 11pm my hubby will have to be dragged staggering out the front door!
I will be the sensible one, not drinking as i work again the next day. :(

I've always wondered what it would be like to experience Christmas without darkness by 4:30pm and several feet of snow on the ground. I can't wait to move to a warmer climate, but I don't think Christmas will ever feel like Christmas.

where are you celebrating? At my apartment near Chicago

who are you celebrating with? With my parents....that's probably about it since I don't have any relatives I know that are close to me

what are you doing? Christmas eve we are going to 10:30pm mass (Which ends at midnight...and usually we see some idiots come to our local church to see if mass actually starts at midnight :rolleyes: ). Then Christmas day we will probably open gifts which was generously donated to us by the same local church that we went for mass (If someone bought the stuff we "asked" the church for....since we can't really afford much of anything*.), then probably have Christmas dinner while watching TV and looking at the gifts we have

who are you kissing? No one....no boyfriend, no nothing sad to say :sigh:

(* Please don't ask how I can afford this....this is a cheapie compared to some the other stuff that we need but don't have)

Liesje said:
I've always wondered what it would be like to experience Christmas without darkness by 4:30pm and several feet of snow on the ground. I can't wait to move to a warmer climate, but I don't think Christmas will ever feel like Christmas.

It's definitely very different, that's for sure. I spend every Christmas in a warmer climate. It often doesn't feel much like Christmas because it's so warm and sunny outside, and also because we don't do gifts (the vacation is our gift). The first year we did this was very weird, but now I'm used to it.

where are you celebrating?

Maracaibo, Venezuela in a cousin´s house

Family

what are you doing?

Christmas dinner with tipical Christmas food and liquors. At 12:00 we take a walk with bagage around the neigborhood and eat 12 grapes :)

who are you kissing? Nobody that is present :rolleyes: :drool:

tell us about your christmas (see what are you doing)

We have several traditons but the one in wich we go around the neighborhood with a suitcase is very funny and we use yelow underwear for luck :ohmy:

we eat this:

tc_hallaca.jpg
:drool: :drool: :drool:

where are you celebrating? In Massachusetts at my parents

who are you celebrating with? I'll be celebrating Christmas with my boyfriend and my parents, hopefully his mom and sis will join us later but that is doubtful because they are going to his stepdad's hometown in Ireland the next day for the week. Lucky. :angry:

what are you doing? Opening presents, receiving a bunch of calls from relatives saying merry christmas wish we could have been there, blah blah blah. Having either ham or turkey with all the good stuff for dinner. Probably taking a nap afterwards.

who are you kissing? My boyfriend. :kiss:

where are you celebrating? who are you celebrating with? what are you doing?: -Christmas Eve at my parents house/condo. Alot of food, wine, punch, etc...
-Christmas Day, at my brothers house. Open all of our gifts, then have a big Christmas dinner late in the afternoon. Then we open one last gift Christmas night.

who are you kissing? no one :(

The usual xmas, me and mum and boyfriend in the morning open presents from each other and call family interstate. We then make some food (this year we got the prawn cocktail salad) and then head off to the beach to meet up with family and friends. We have lunch and open presents on the beach, get drunk, play footy and cricket, go for a swim and make cocktails. That night I meet up with my best friends for xmas dinner and present giving (and loooooooots of drinking!)

Boxing Day, we ALWAYS go to the movies and shopping!

:D

dazzlingamy said:
The usual xmas, me and mum and boyfriend in the morning open presents from each other and call family interstate. We then make some food (this year we got the prawn cocktail salad) and then head off to the beach to meet up with family and friends. We have lunch and open presents on the beach, get drunk, play footy and cricket, go for a swim and make cocktails. That night I meet up with my best friends for xmas dinner and present giving (and loooooooots of drinking!)

Boxing Day, we ALWAYS go to the movies and shopping!

:D

Australian Christmasses sound like South African Christmasses... :( Maybe I need to move there.

dazzlingamy said:
then head off to the beach to meet up with family and friends.

Only in Aus can you go to the beach on Christmas :lol:
My cousins send me Christmas pics and they're all tan n stuff.

Is it weird at all to celebrate Christmas when its really summer? I wouldnt think so since that is probably what you are accustomed too, but I cant imagine it.

where are you celebrating? I will be home for Christmas and probably trying to get over my jet lag, since I will be arriving back home from Italy 2 days before Christmas.

who are you celebrating with? I will be celebrating it with my family.

what are you doing? Going to mass and then to my brother's house for dinner.

who are you kissing? I will be giving hugs and kisses to my family members.

Back
Top Bottom