Interference, tell us about your christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going to my moms on Christmas Eve, she has yet to turn it over to me.

We usually have tons of fattening food. We do the italian eve thing...then we get to open up presents which is fun because even though its only a small amount of people theres 3 little kids and that not including me!

Christmas day I go to my mother in laws late in the afternoon. My kids are usually up by 6am!!! They rip everthing open and in whoosh all that shopping is gone. :( But is fun!!

JCOSTER said:
Christmas day I go to my mother in laws late in the afternoon. My kids are usually up by 6am!!! They rip everthing open and in whoosh all that shopping is gone. :( But is fun!!

:lol: we used to wake up my parents at 4am. Now that we're grown, it is my PARENTS that have to wake US up!

Sicy said:

Only in Aus can you go to the beach on Christmas :lol:
My cousins send me Christmas pics and they're all tan n stuff.

Is it weird at all to celebrate Christmas when its really summer? I wouldnt think so since that is probably what you are accustomed too, but I cant imagine it.

Well it doesn't feel weird to have a summer christmas, as its all i've ever known (except the year i had xmas in London!) but what is weird is our decorations etc are all the same as the northern hemisphere, ie christmas trees "fake snow" to put on window sills, Santa in his santa suit, reindeer, lots of snowy things etc and we sing the same christmas carols like walking in a winter wonderland etc and its like :huh: since its 100 degrees out and the sun in shining and some poor guy is trussed up in a heavy Santa suit giving presents! hahaha

I think a summer xmas is something every should experience, especially people where you're under 6 foot of snow - it will do your head in! hahaha
(and i think vice versa - one of my dreams is to have a white christmas :drool:)

it's going to be an arsehole hot day, here. we'll be covered in smoke from the bushfires which will be burning again. we've just had one major one put out.
we're contemplating going a hot lunch this year. just for a change. :drool:

it is so not unusual. what is strange is that we seem to be the only place on this planet which is not buried in snow. i dont get how it can be 45 degrees celcius here and you lot are freezing your arses off. i know which day i'd rather have! nothing like an ice-cold brew on a stinking hot day.
:drool:

and then there's the standard flopping out on the lounge with more coldies for the boxing day test. yeah, boxing day, america. it's yet ANOTHER public holiday here :lol:

i wouldn't swap this for anything.
:up:

Typical Australian Christmas as heading north to Exmouth so will be even hotter than Perth.

As no family, friends etc (well maybe one) it will not be the usual Christmas for me.

The usual Christmas consists of getting up early with kiddliewinks to open pressies (and put together said pressies), having breakfast with friends (pancakes, sausages, bacon, eggs, big bowl of fruit) and then chilling until lunch.

Lunch is usually seafood, cold turkey, ham, mega amounts of salad and (of course) wine. After lunch we head to the beach for a bit of a swim, play, snooze etc before heading back for the next attempt at demolishing the mountain of food that has been prepared (usually this is the "dessert" end of things :drool:, my favourite time, with fruit cake, plum pudding, mince pies etc etc - all cold-ish of course).

By this time it is time to "lie beside your stomach" as my father is want to say, and watch a bit of telly or try to find somewhere cool to chill.

Any child that goes to bed in favourite Christmas clothes, clutching favourite Christmas pressie is not woken for any reason.

I love Christmas, cold or hot, it is a fabulous time of the year. I hope you all enjoy the hols as much as I do.

where are you celebrating? in Chicago

who are you celebrating with? My fiance's (still can't get used to calling him that! :) ) family, which usually consists of his mom, a few cousins and a few of his aunts and uncles. Nearly all of my immediate family is on the east coast spread out in 5 states and since I was just home for Thanksgiving...we try to swap the holidays with each family.

what are you doing? We usually go over sometime mid-morning, eat a whole bunch of food, watch football (I think) and then open gifts. It's exhausting but fun.

who are you kissing? as far as I know, just the fiance. any other takers, let me know :flirt:

Back
Top Bottom