interference, tell us about how you celebrate your christmas in your family/country.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
here (denmark) we celebrate christmas on the 24th in the evening. we dance around the christmas tree and hand eachother presents. 25th and 26th are two big eating days, where people start eating at around 2 pm.

We celebrate with my dad's side some day before Christmas, whatever works. Then we go to my parent's and celebrate with immediate family on Christmas Eve. Finally, we celebrate with my mom's side on Christmas Day. "Celebrate" = potluck buffet style food (no real sit-down formal dinners), watch the little kiddies open their presents, and then just chat or play board games, share photos from recent trips, etc. With my immediate family, we sit in the basement with a fire going and watch whatever movies people have received as gifts.

Traditional foods = Chex Mix, banket (a pastry like thing, it's like a tube full of almond paste), and an assortment of jerkies made from various animals my uncles and dad have shot and butchered (this year was salmon, venison, and caribou).

Last edited:
My family is ^...that's the in-laws.

My immediate family does stuff every other year. We have hors devours in the afternoon, and later in the evening, we crank up the fondue pot to up some meat. We lay around for a bit, clean up a little and then open presents.

Since my dad was a pastor for basically all my life, we never had presents on Christmas day b/c he had to get up early to preach. But we DID have stockings on our doorknobs. Then we'd go to church and come home to have a nice brunch or late afternoon lasagna.

Usually, we would either chill for that day, or drive to Grandma's house in Sheboygan Wisconsin to visit her for a few days. Then come home and relax the rest of the holliday.

In my family we celebrate on Christmas day. We open our gifts before everyone comes over. Then when my siblings have arrived with their kid's then we watch the little ones open their gifts. After that dinner is prepared and everyone just sits around eating and talking.

In Australia it is on Christmas Day that everything happens.

We usually have a lunch, depending on how hot it is and who is hosting, we might do a bbq, different hot and cold meats, potato bake, potato and pasta salad, garden salad, buns, etc. Then desserts of pavlova, or white christmas, etc. We do the rest of the family presents after lunch. Our kids open theirs before we go to the family's place. Then Boxing Day in Australia is another public holiday (the 26th Dec), so everyone drinks more and eats leftover cold turkey and ham and fats around in front of the Boxing Day Test which currently sees England 9/157 :lmao:

Sometimes we go to church on Christmas Eve, depending on where we are and who is over or visiting. We have a simple meal on Christmas Eve and people come by and visit and we open gifts. We have a nice Christmas Breakfast and usually roast a turkey or some kind of ham or roast and all the trimmings for Christmas Day and sit around enjoying one another's company and our gifts and celebrate being together, reminiscing.

Back
Top Bottom