Interference Swap Meet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
With the holidays now having come and gone, I've been (slowly) cleaning up and cleaning out, and I'm realizing exactly how much stuff I have. :reject: Books, clothes, household items, CDs, DVDs...you name it, I have it. I suspect others of us are in similar situations.

What I thought might be cool would be if we had a thread where people could maybe post something they're looking for--anything, really--and if someone else has that item, they could get in touch with that person. As well, people could post stuff they want to get rid of, and arrange trades that way, too.

This would be de-centralized--NOBODY has time to keep track of all this, LOL--and details could be worked out via PM or e-mail or messenger. It would give us an opportunity to clean out, to upgrade, and to get new stuff at minimal cost from trustworthy people we already know.

What does everyone think? Anyone want to try?

Wow, I couldn't even begin! ;) I have classics, contemporary fiction, plays, poetry, humor, memoirs, religion, philosophy, art... on and on and on.

The book that got me thinking of this was Barack Obama's autobiography, which I'm not finished yet, but I thought that maybe when I was done, I could swap it with an FYMer for something else...and then I thought, hey, why limit it to books?

I have that, believe it or not, but I doubt it's one you'd be interested in--it's just the regular Vintage paperback edition with the picture of the little girl's legs on the front.

Here are a couple of things I would like:

Rushmore on DVD
Some Kind of Wonderful on DVD

CDs:

A nice copy of Pop (mine is trashed)
Love Is Hell Part Two, Ryan Adams
You Are the Quarry, Morissey
The Wishing Chair, 10,000 Maniacs
American Recordings and My Mother's Hymn Book, Johnny Cash
Van Lear Rose, Loretta Lynn

Books:

Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (I lost mine)
He's Just Not That Into You!

I have a lot of those things pax, but I'm not about to part with them anytime soon. ;)

I'm trying to think now if I have anything I'd be willing to part with. I'm SUCh a packrat, I can never get rid of anything for fear of needing it later (this may have something to do with the fact that my mom threw away all of my old Sassy and 16 mags back when I was younger, haha).

My Wishlist:

Books
Breakfast At Tiffany's
Chronicles, Vol. 1 Bob Dylan

DVDs:
Rushmore
Bottle Rocket

Damn, this is hard, lol.

I'm forcing myself to get rid of stuff. I have a similar packrat problem, and my New Year's resolution is to get over it! :)

Well not old exactly, but not new either. Late 90s Expanded Universe novels.

I have:

Vector Prime (hardcover), first story of the New Jedi Order series
Dark Tide II: Onslaught, third story of the New Jedi Order series
Tales Of The New Republic (short stories)
Most of the X-Wing series

God, I have a lot of crap on my house. I'll go through it.

I'm interested in Arthur Rimbaud and/or Charles Baudelaire poetry books. English translations. :wink: Anyone has some, maybe we can do a deal. :)

paxetaurora said:

Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (I lost mine)

I have a paperbook of this, Pax. I've read it though, so it looks read, but still in good shape and has no highlights or penmarks in it. :) You're welcome to it if you'd like.

And by the way, this is a fabulous idea! :)

Back
Top Bottom