Interference Reading List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just borrowed from a friend:

The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy

It's a hardcover with all 5 books in one.

Ooh! My brother read that novel. Well, the first one at least. He really liked it, he'd like stand in the middle of my room and read me passages from it.:)

Junebug said:
I'm currently reading Galactic Pot-Healer by Philip K. Dick, and a bunch of Oscar Wilde's poems, plays, writing.

God, I'm a Philip K. Dick FREAK! Have you read many others?

My favs are A Scanner Darkly, Now Wait For Last Year, and Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said.

I think I have over 25 of his books, including some pretty rare shit.

Genius, genius, genius. And Hollywood keeps doing terrible adaptations of his work; even when the films aren't bad, they rape the source material (Blade Runner, Minority Report).

laz

When I was young, I read Do Androids Dream of Electric SHeep, and watched the movie Blade Runner as well. It is one of my favorite movies of all time, but I remember that it didn't follow with the original story very well. Yes, I love Philip K. Dick, and I'm really eager to read the rest of his novels. What rare stuff of his do you have?

Last edited:
Junebug said:
Yes, I love Philip K. Dick, and I'm really eager to read the rest of his novels. What rare stuff of his do you have?

I didn't really mean rare in a collectible sense, but some books that are a little harder to find, such as Puttering About in a Small Land (which isn't sci-fi at all), and a hardcover called The Dark Haired Girl, which is a collection of essays and other random stuff and gives a really intimate look into PKD's life, which was rather sad. I also have a copy of a documentary that was made about him a few years back. There's no existing footage of him, so they have an animated PKD over sound recordings.

They've reissued a lot of the novels in the big trade paperbacks that all have a similar design, but books from other publishing companies are harder to find. It is a little easier than it used to be after the success of Minority Report.

laz

I'm now reading "Stonehenge - a novel" by Bernard Cornwell.

After that, I'll move on to "The Birth of Venus" by Sarah Dunant

oliveu2cm said:
"Fall on your knees" :crack: I couldn't get through this one either.

(I never used to not finish a book I started- but now my time is more precious I can't spend it on tedious books :lol: )

Well "The Way the Crow Flies" is much, much more interesting in my opinion. It`s an 800 page read but well worth it - I LOVED this book!

I havent been consistently lately but I'm currently involved in Star Wars: Force Heretic Remnant.

Waiting for the next Harry Potter book. :)

The Woman Who Walked Into Doors - Roddy Doyle

*thank you Martha and DeadMansParty for your raves about the the Barrytown Trilogy...I am now a hard core Roddy Doyle fan :D

Hi. I just couldn't believe my luck when I saw this thread and started reading some of the books you were discussing. I found a place where I can talk about my favorite music AND books? I never woulda believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes.
I recently finished an incredibly unique and enchanting book by Alice Sebold, 'The Lovely Bones',
and Then I read Alice Hoffman's 'Blackbird house' which is quite possibly the best book I've ever read.
After that was Dennis LeHane's 'Gone, baby, gone' which was very entertaining but also very depressing.
Next I'm on to another Alice Hoffman (I love her stuff!) called 'The River king'

Back
Top Bottom