Interference Random TV Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
We have one for movies, and we have one for music, why not TV?

I'll start by saying I tried once again to watch Absolutely Fabulous and just do not find it funny at all.

I tried when there were reruns on Comedy Central ages ago. And then I kept hearing about how brilliant it was, so I tried again. Still not funny. Then I read EW's review of the latest DVD repackaging, and tried it again.

I'm done trying. It's just not funny, sweetie darling.

Dang, no one else around here likes random TV shows? I find that hard to believe. :wink:

I'm going through some miscellaneous DVDs and VCDs I have lying around, and just watched the series finale of "Angel." Damn, but that was a hell of an ending.

My top 3 all-time favorite TV shows:

gilmore%20cast.jpg

seinfeld_show_desc_cast.jpg

lost_01.jpg

The TV...she speaks to me.

I'm trying to come up with a name for my TV.

I want to call her either Lily, Claire, Veronica, or Kelly Prufrock.

In keeping with Cori`s initial post, I don't like Weeds. It seems like a lot of people rave about it, and the show/actors have certainly won its share of awards. I rented the first season, was ready to give up a couple of episodes in, but forced myself to watch the rest, thinking that something might click for me. Um, no. It was a resounding "meh."

I don't like Scrubs, either. And believe me, I've tried.

I'm going to give Weeds a shot via Netflix, but that's a bummer to hear you didn't like it. But you never know - I never could get into Six Feet Under despite everyone else's raves.

I'm also looking forward to checking out Big Love. Viva Netflix!

Scrubs is okay. I started watching it on DVD (naturally) and really got into it, although the more it went on, the more and more I was annoyed with Zach Braff and his character. I loved everyone else, though. Dr. Cox is awesome and a half, and all the jokes with the stuffed dog Rowdy never got old.

By the time I was done with the DVDs, I'd seen enough and didn't feel like I needed to watch it on TV going forward.

I'm going to give Weeds a shot via Netflix, but that's a bummer to hear you didn't like it. But you never know - I never could get into Six Feet Under despite everyone else's raves.

I'm also looking forward to checking out Big Love. Viva Netflix!

Scrubs is okay. I started watching it on DVD (naturally) and really got into it, although the more it went on, the more and more I was annoyed with Zach Braff and his character. I loved everyone else, though. Dr. Cox is awesome and a half, and all the jokes with the stuffed dog Rowdy never got old.

By the time I was done with the DVDs, I'd seen enough and didn't feel like I needed to watch it on TV going forward.

Oh, don't go by me, I'm sure you'll love Weeds. I think I'm missing the Weeds = :heart: gene, or something. I was also a huge Six Feet Under fan. The series finale remains probably the single most impressive hour of tv I've ever watched. It's stayed with me like no other tv show or movie has.

I can't explain Scrubs. By rights, it's got all the ingredients of something I should like, but it just falls flat for me. Too slapsticky, like it tries too hard, or something?

I haven't watched Angel in forever. I need to fix that. I got out our Buffy dvds back in the winter to have a marathon, and we still haven't. I suck.

Yeah, Scrubs sucks.

And Six Feet Under was brilliant.

Haven't seen Weeds, at least since the dove-tail joint I smoked last night on the roof of the Empire State Building.

My top 3 all-time favorite TV shows:

gilmore%20cast.jpg

I loved, loved, LOVED this show. Watched it from very early on, and it resonated with my daughter and I - our relationship is very similar. Well, the early relationship on the show - we've never stopped talking for six months, and she's never gotten arrested and moved into my parents' guest house. But I digress. The point is, I was over-invested with this show.

Anyway, I was obviously waiting with bated breath to hear that Lauren and Alexis had agreed to the idea of bringing the show back for another half season as was speculated, so they could finish it off properly, instead of abruptly, in 4 episodes. As we all know, they didn't. End result? I was so bitter that to this day, I've never watched the series finale. I have it on dvr, but refuse to watch it. Which is silly, I admit. It's only a tv show. But damn you Gilmore Girls, I gave you everything and you broke my heart. :madwife:

These threads are spreading like wild-fire.

Too bad all I watch on TV is Lost and re-runs of Law and Order.

I'm almost done watching the first season of Arrested Development, this show is brilliant, I regret not getting into it earlier. I'll probably buy the other two seasons sometime within the next few weeks, I'm addicted. :drool:

I loved, loved, LOVED this show. Watched it from very early on, and it resonated with my daughter and I - our relationship is very similar. Well, the early relationship on the show - we've never stopped talking for six months, and she's never gotten arrested and moved into my parents' guest house. But I digress. The point is, I was over-invested with this show.

Anyway, I was obviously waiting with bated breath to hear that Lauren and Alexis had agreed to the idea of bringing the show back for another half season as was speculated, so they could finish it off properly, instead of abruptly, in 4 episodes. As we all know, they didn't. End result? I was so bitter that to this day, I've never watched the series finale. I have it on dvr, but refuse to watch it. Which is silly, I admit. It's only a tv show. But damn you Gilmore Girls, I gave you everything and you broke my heart. :madwife:

You honestly don't want to get me started on Gilmore Girls.

So deep is my love for it that I don't even think it would be fair to myself, to Rory, or to anyone here if I were to attempt to discuss it in any logical form.

But I can tell you, as someone who has literally seen every episode of the show at least 8 times, I loved the series finale.

You honestly don't want to get me started on Gilmore Girls.

So deep is my love for it that I don't even think it would be fair to myself, to Rory, or to anyone here if I were to attempt to discuss it in any logical form.

But I can tell you, as someone who has literally seen every episode of the show at least 8 times, I loved the series finale.

I own the dvds, but I can't say I've seen each episode as many times as you have. Some, but not all.

What did you think of the final season? There were a lot of haters out there, but I staunchly defended the marriage as something she had to go through in order to put that part of her life behind her, so she could move forward. However, in light of the abrupt ending, I felt extremely cheated. I didn't get my "middle."

I also didn't watch the finale for personal reasons that I won't go into here, because they are incredibly lame. But the bottom line is that it's partly because they pissed me off, and partly because by not watching it, the series never really ended for me.

Yeah, really lame. :reject: I *never* take tv this personally, but then there have never been characters I've identified with so strongly on tv, either. There have literally been Lorelai/Rory conversations we've seen on the show where my daughter and I looked at each other with shock, and then screamed "omg, we've had that exact conversation! They're stalking us!"

No Random TV Talk thread would be complete without a nod to 90210.

90210.jpg

I have one more episode of season four to watch but I'm saving it, like Donna :love:

Season five is being released next month.

(Here's a bit of trivia: two guests stars on 90210 were also guest stars on Lost.)

No Random TV Talk thread would be complete without a nod to 90210.

Ha! Awesome. I never saw the show until college. My friends and I would try and guess what was going to happen each week ... and we were often right!

I totally got hooked on reruns after college, when I'd come home from my part-time job, eat lunch and watch daily reruns, and run off to teach piano lessons after the rerun was over.

And yes, I'll totally be checking out the new series coming this fall. Whoot!

Anyone else like Gossip Girl? I'm surprised its ratings are so low - it's wonderfully fun.

Never watched 90210. :shrug:

Some of my favorite shows ever:

Hill Street Blues (It was fairly groundbreaking)
The Wire (Unbelievably well done)
Deadwood (Shakespeare meets the Wild West)
Arrested Development (The gift that keeps giving)
Seinfeld
Family Ties
Star Trek TNG (Engage)
Battlestar Galactica (The new one, not the horrid original)
M*A*S*H
Lost
The Prisoner (Ohhhhhh, check it out if you haven't heard of it.)

Honorable mention:

Six Feet Under (One of the best series finales ever)
Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Sealab 2021
The Simpsons
Saturday Night Live (I stopped watching when Ferrell left, but, yeah)
Oz (Dalton, this played a huge role in your childhood, too, I'm guessing)
Profit (shortlived but awesome)

Made for TV Miniseries:

Shogun :heart:
The Stand
Lonesome Dove :drool:

Anyone else like Gossip Girl? I'm surprised its ratings are so low - it's wonderfully fun.

Oh my Gawd!

Gossip Girl is amazing. I downloaded all of the first season about a month ago and i freakin LOVE it.

Total guilty pleasure...and I love guilty pleasures.

Serena Van Der Woodsen and Blair Waldorf are the two sexiest and most fully-realized characters to hit my TV screen in a long time.

LOVE. IT.

Oh my Gawd!

Gossip Girl is amazing. I downloaded all of the first season about a month ago and i freakin LOVE it.

Total guilty pleasure...and I love guilty pleasures.

Serena Van Der Woodsen and Blair Waldorf are the two sexiest and most fully-realized characters to hit my TV screen in a long time.

LOVE. IT.

Not a guilty pleasure at all. It's well written, well acted, etc. I was not a regular viewer, but enjoyed the show whenever I stumbled across it.

To me, things like The Real World, America's Next Supermodel, etc, are guilty pleasures. Maybe I'm wrong.

i tried to watch it once. i thought it was the wizard of oz. fucked my shit right up :sigh:

Alright, George Michael.

Gotta rep some love for Arrested Development, the British and American versions of The Office, Star Trek up until Voyager, Flight of the Conchords, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I've gotta get back into Battlestar this summer and would really like to start on either Six Feet Under, Weeds, The Wire, or that show Laz and NSW have been raving about - The Prisoner, I believe.

The Prisoner, yes. Admittedly, it is NOT everyone's cup of tea, but I fucking love it.

And, SHAME on me for not mentioning the BBC Office, good lord, just amazing stuff.

I liked Flight of the Conchords, but need at least one more strong season to canonize it or anything.

Arrested Development.....:drool: I just bought a Gobias Industries t-shirt, it arrives next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom