Interference Random TV Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
angel-and-devil-simpsons.jpg

Do The Wire so I have someone to push me along. My ridiculously competitive nature would actually compel me to watch it if you were nipping at my heels.

I'm just more surprised you haven't seen Twin Peaks than anything else, and you could seriously knock it out in so little time that you could also get through a few seasons of the Wire as well.

Yeah, I'm tempted to start both simultaneously. :hmm:

Twin Peaks is one of those shows that I remember being on when it originally aired, but never watched.

I'm so glad I finally saw it, it's really a great, great show, one of my favorite things Lynch is responsible for by a mile as well, and I love Lynch.

I need to watch both. It's taking longer to watch Sports Night than I had anticipated. I enjoy it, but I have a hard time watching more than 3 episodes in a row. Funny seeing that I could plow through 5 episodes of The West Wing in a day no problem.

I need to watch both. It's taking longer to watch Sports Night than I had anticipated. I enjoy it, but I have a hard time watching more than 3 episodes in a row. Funny seeing that I could plow through 5 episodes of The West Wing in a day no problem.
My parents raved about Sports Night and have all the DVDs, but I was a bit young to have watched it. How is it?

No spoken words said:
I'm about to watch the last 2 episodes of S3 of Breaking Bad.

omgomgomgomgomg

As for slacking on The Wire, sorry. Things have been super busy round here of late.

My parents raved about Sports Night and have all the DVDs, but I was a bit young to have watched it. How is it?

It's a snappy comedy-drama masquerading as a sitcom that took about 5 or 6 episodes to really get going. Like The West Wing, sports and journalism are the backdrop for the character drama, not the focus. The strangest thing about the show is that it almost functions as both a standard three-camera sitcom with moments of single-cam work (for the Sorkin/Schlamme "Walk and Talks"). That, along with the inexplicable laugh track, make for an uncomfortable experience at first given how television storytelling grammar has shifted in the past decade or so. If that's not too much of a hurdle to jump over, I'd recommend it, but not make it a priority.

Speaking of which, how are you with Studio 60, Lance?

Speaking of which, how are you with Studio 60, Lance?

Watched the first two episodes, and I certainly enjoying it. It's very Sorkin, thus very entertaining, even despite some flaws. I think the main relationship between Matthew Perry and whateverhernameis is entirely unbelievable at this point, and some of the actors don't quite know how to deliver Sorkin's lines properly... Matthew Perry again being one of the chief perpetrators. But I'm interested to see where it all goes, even if it's only one season.

No spoken words said:
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang.

Still reeling? Take it to the Breaking Bad thread (which needs to be bumped anyway) so I can hear yr thoughtz. Plus I don't want both threads to get closed of I start posting pictionaries of B-Cranst quotes.

Watched the first two episodes, and I certainly enjoying it. It's very Sorkin, thus very entertaining, even despite some flaws. I think the main relationship between Matthew Perry and whateverhernameis is entirely unbelievable at this point, and some of the actors don't quite know how to deliver Sorkin's lines properly... Matthew Perry again being one of the chief perpetrators. But I'm interested to see where it all goes, even if it's only one season.

By the mid-point, the series begins to shift more toward the Matt/Harriet relationship for better or for worse. It delivers some of the more wrenching couple drama that I've seen in a Sorkin series. As far as the series direction is concerned, there are points where several episodes take place either over the same night or almost in real-time. Binge-viewing works toward your benefit in that regard.

Bradley Whitford (though his character diminishes toward the end of the season) and Steven Weber come out as the all-stars of the series, in my estimation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom