Interference Random TV Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just discovered 'Greek' - good fun - and a bit more believable than 'Gossip Girl'. Not by much though!

NSW, where are you on Survivors? I just finished getting Season 3, but I haven't started 2 yet. Maybe I'll wait for you so we can watch and discuss.

Of course, if it was the other way around, I know you wouldn't wait for me to finish--so I've been told.

I'm on the second disc of Season 1. I plan on watching at least two tonight, but, if you're raring to go with Season 2, go for it.

I just came across this in my travels today and was wondering if anyone knows what this is from? An actual episode, or maybe just David and Gillian goofing around on set?

mulder-scully-finger.jpg

Either way, it's cool.

Looks like it's from the infamous blooper reels. I have them on VHS - some pretty hilarious stuff. You can probably find them on YouTube.

(The reels from the last season or two are more or less duds. Shocking, I know.)

For those of you Heroes (and Hayden) fans out there...a few days ago some photos surfaced from the set of the highly anticipated 3rd season of Heroes...

bang.jpg

^ The above is a picture of Hayden Panettiere's popular character Calire Bennet...otherwise known as "Claire Bear the Indestructible Teenage Cheerleader"...

She has a gun? Her hair is a different color? She looks pissed off? She's wearing black leather? Hmmmm...looks like my favorite character on Heroes just got a little bit more interesting.

This shot shows, at least, that there will be a marked changed in direction for Claire's development...and I'm assuming that means the rest of the cast will be in for some upheaval. I'm excited. Season 2 was a bit of a let-down but I have confidence that the writers will come back and deliver the goods again.

Go Claire!!!!

There's been a lot of talk about a movie, but if I understand correctly, it's not set in stone yet.

Did I ever mention I dressed up as Tobias for Halloween a few years ago?

As a Blue Man.

I'll have to go find the picture.

This is exciting.

If more of my friends were into the show, I'd do a Tobias Halloween costume myself. Prison Mike from The Office would suffice.

What you can't see from this picture is the "never-nude" jean shorts sticking out of my waistband. But you get the idea.

Yeah, those two other guys (my old roommates) are supposed ot be Axl & Slash.

Unfortunately, the show wasn't nearly as well known back in the fall of '05 when this was taken, so there weren't too many people who even understood what my costume was. It would probably go over much bigger now. Oh well.

368016095_l.jpg

That is AWESOME. And that's probably the only picture of you we'll ever get to see, I'm sure. :wink:

So I turn on the TV and browse through the channels, stopping at VH1. Apparently those assclowns are doing I Love the New Millenium. I started watching mid-way through 2005. What the fuck? Do we really need re-cap specials on something that happened less than 5 years ago from C-list celebrities? Isn't that the purpose of Best Week, Month, Year Ever? I'm at a loss here, folks.

That was followed up by a commercial for The Who Tribute show featuring Chrissy Martin from Coldplay, dressed like a kid playing Napoleon in the school play. It was a double dose of mental retardation.

yeah I saw that those fucks were doing I Love The New Millennium.

Awful. Just a brutal idea. Flies in the face of everything that a quality channel like VH1 stands for. :wink:

yeah I saw that those fucks were doing I Love The New Millennium.

Awful. Just a brutal idea. Flies in the face of everything that a quality channel like VH1 stands for. :wink:

I did like the '70s and '80s specials though, since those actually made sense.

The World Series of Pop Culture is awesome, too.

The very first one they did - the first I love the 80's - was good, yes.

I remember Michael Ian Black providing some actually really funny commentary.

Also, the 1987 segment on that original one ended with all the C-listers discussing their memories of the Joshua Tree. :rockon:

Has anyone seen the UK show entitled Skins???

I just downloaded the first season and it's brilliant.

If I had to label it I'd call it a comedy/drama I guess, but it's about a group of high school kids in England and all the misadventures they get into. Young love, parties, drug deals gone bad, high school drama, etc.

It's really cool and worth a look I'd say.

Anyone?

skins_group_shot.jpg

Has anyone seen the UK show entitled Skins???

I just downloaded the first season and it's brilliant.

If I had to label it I'd call it a comedy/drama I guess, but it's about a group of high school kids in England and all the misadventures they get into. Young love, parties, drug deals gone bad, high school drama, etc.

It's really cool and worth a look I'd say.

Anyone?

skins_group_shot.jpg

I'm not trying to be an ass (I can be an asshole without trying, sadly), but this is likely the last fucking thing I'd want to watch. Just too far removed from that lifestyle to care, I guess. I do like watching British series, though....Laz and I are at various stages of a show called "Survivors", which I like a lot.

I watched the first season of Survivor years ago and I havent really felt the need to watch any more...

I like CSI and Law & Order (Original versions only) - altough as the seasons have gone by I have been less and less interested.

Where are you on that, NSW? Sorry but I had to peek and watch the first ep. of Season 2.

And how surprised is anyone that GAF is watching a raunchy show about British teens called "Skins"?

So I turn on the TV and browse through the channels, stopping at VH1. Apparently those assclowns are doing I Love the New Millenium. I started watching mid-way through 2005. What the fuck? Do we really need re-cap specials on something that happened less than 5 years ago from C-list celebrities? Isn't that the purpose of Best Week, Month, Year Ever? I'm at a loss here, folks.

That was followed up by a commercial for The Who Tribute show featuring Chrissy Martin from Coldplay, dressed like a kid playing Napoleon in the school play. It was a double dose of mental retardation.

I've said it before on this site. VH1 is the absolute most poorly programmed entity on TV. Makes my stomach churn. But, people watch, and that's the goal. I just think that they're an uninspired pack of bottom feeders over there.

I need to learn how to be more blunt about things. :)

I haven't watched that VH-1 tripe in ages. Partially because the sight and sound of Mo Rocca made my head hurt so much, I was forced to turn it off.

Also, when the revolution comes, the people on these shows will be the first against the wall. Even that cool guy from The State. Sorry.

I don't know if this has been posted but Tom O'Neill from the LA Times professes to have the top 10 emmy semifinalists.

TOP 10 COMEDY SERIES FINALISTS
"Curb Your Enthusiasm" ("The Bat Mitzvah")
"Entourage" ("The Day F***ers")
"Family Guy" ("Padre de Famila")
"Flight of the Conchords" ("Sally Returns")
"The Office" ("Local Ad")
"Pushing Daisies" ("Pie-lette")
"30 Rock" ("Cooter")
"Two and a Half Men" ("Rough Night in Hump Junction")
"Ugly Betty" ("Something Wicked This Way Comes")
"Weeds" ("Go").

TOP 10 DRAMA SERIES FINALISTS
"Boston Legal" ("The Court Supreme")
"Damages" (Pilot)
"Dexter" ("The Dark Defender")
"Friday Night Lights" ("Leave No One Behind")
"Grey’s Anatomy" ("Freedom, Parts 1 and 2")
"House" ("Frozen")
"Lost" ("The Constant")
"Mad Men" (Pilot, "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes")
"The Tudors" (#205)
"The Wire" (Series finale, "30")

TOP 10 SEMIFINALISTS: BEST DRAMA ACTOR
Gabriel Byrne, "In Treatment" ("Paul and Gina: Week 4")
Kyle Chandler, "Friday Night Lights" ("Last Day of Summer")
Bryan Cranston, "Breaking Bad" ("Pilot")
Patrick Dempsey, "Grey's Anatomy" ("Freedom, Parts 1 & 2")
Michael C. Hall, "Dexter" ("There's Something About Harry")
Jon Hamm, "Mad Men" ("The Wheel")
Eddie Izzard, "The Riches" ("Last Temptation of Wayne")
Hugh Laurie, "House" ("House's Head")
Denis Leary, "Rescue Me" ("Babyface")
James Spader, "Boston Legal" ("The Court Supreme")

Patricia Arquette, "Medium" ( "Aftertaste")
Glenn Close, "Damages" ("Pilot")
Minnie Driver, "The Riches" ("Dead Calm")
Sally Field, "Brothers and Sisters" ("History Repeating")
Mariska Hargitay, "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit" ("Undercover")
Holly Hunter, "Saving Grace" ("Tacos, Tulips, Duck and Spices")
Elisabeth Moss, "Mad Men" ("The Hobo Code")
Mary McDonnell, "Battlestar Galactica" ("Faith")
Kyra Sedgwick, "The Closer" ("Manhunt")
Jeanne Tripplehorn, "Big Love" ("Take Me As I Am")

comedy actor, actress, supporting actors, and guests semifinalists=follow the link
Cable stars make a historic breakthrough in Top 10 Emmy lists | Gold Derby by Tom O'Neil | The Envelope - Los Angeles Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom