Interference Random TV Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant to respond to this earlier, but I forgot. I've heard very good things about this show. I should see if it's torrented. Is it still running, or has it been cancelled?

It's going on its 4th season starting in September. Seasons 1 and 2 are out on DVD, but you can torrent the whole series. Cannot recommend this show enough.

They're also developing a comedy/sci-fi series, so that's nice.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TteFwA4WI34

Amazing.

Any "Everwood" fans here?

It aired on the WB from 2002-2006, and was cancelled when the CW merge happened.

The show was too good for the WB. Far heavier and emotionally deeper than anything else on that network.

For those that don't know - the initial premise of the show was that Treat Williams' character, Dr. Andrew Brown, was a world-renowned brain surgeon in New York City, married, with two children, but a strained relationship with both his wife and teenage son(played by Gregory Smith) due to his being at the hospital all the time and too often missing out on 'family' things because of his work. In the pilot, his wife dies in traffic accident on a rainy night. His wife in the past had made him promise that if anything ever happened to her, to take the kids to Everwood, Colorado, because she'd once been their for a short period of time and it was the most beautiful place she'd ever seen. So he does just that. Quits his job(he's got plenty of money saved up after being a brain surgeon for over a decade), takes his children, and moves to Colorado, where he opens up a local clinic and gives the local doctor, Harold Abbot, unwanted competition. Andrew and Ephram's coping with losing their wife and mother, Ephram's strained relationship with his father, Ephram's on-off relationship with Harold's daughter Amy(played by Emily Vancamp), Andrew's eventual 'falling in love again' with next-door neighbor Nina, and Andrew and Harold's growing professional relationship and friendship are at the heart of the show. The writing and acting are both quite, quite good.

The thing that made this show great was that its relationships were intense.

There were yelling matches between father and son in all four seasons, but they all served a purpose, and although they went from having a bad relationship to having a better one to having a bad one again to having a good one again, etc, every twist and turn served to mature both of them as characters, and by the end, their relationship was the best it had ever been.

The Ephram-Amy relationship from day one was written as the real thing, and not just high-school puppy love. They were both WAY emotionally mature for their age(largely due to the fact that at the time they met they were both going through things that forced them to grow up) and as a result they were usually the only ones who really 'got' each other. They were on and off for four years while they discovered themselves more and more and figured out what they wanted in life and what was important in life and dealing with their individual personal problems, but every twist and turn in their relationship was intense as can be, and in the end, each one served to only deepen their relationship.

The show dealt with coping with the death of loved ones, going on with life, trust, betrayal, forgiveness, growing up, the intricacies of parental, sibling, and romantic relationships, the cultivation of real friendships with people you never thought you could be friends with, characters learning about themselves, getting over first impressions, and much more.

I was very upset when it didn't make the CW's schedule for the 2006-07 season, especially since it had initially made it but had been cut to make room to revive 7th Heaven for one more year. But in some ways, I'm glad it only lasted for four years...it didn't have a chance to get worse with years the way a lot of shows do. Knowing that they had to finish by the end of the fourth season forced them to give certain storylines a satisfying yet unrushed closure before they got stretched out too much, which may well happened if the show had kept going.

This is my second favorite show of the decade.

Yeah, I totally watched Everwood.

Not a bad little show. I wouldn't rate it as a favorite or anything.

Amy was hot.

I saw a handful of Everwood episodes because it usually followed Dawson's, if I'm not mistaken, but never with enough regularity. Very good acting and writing, and yes it was a shame this was dropped for that Aaron Spelling bullshit.

I am shocked there are not more Venture Brothers fans out there. It is very, very funny in a black humor sort of way with some of the best pop culture jokes I have seen since early seasons of the Simpsons. I have the first two seasons on DVD and I can re-watch almost any episode and still be laughing my ass off...

I'm also surprised how many fellow Veronica Mars fans I encounter considering it got canned. Such a smart and well-written show! I think it might be an "Arrested Development Phenomena" though where people caught on after the show was canceled.

The Venture Bros. is the best thing to come out of Cartoon Network.

Case closed.

And for the record, I was watching V-Mars since the series premiere. Great show.

I, too, watched Veronica from the series premiere.

I think I've said this before, but Season 1 of that show is one of the best seasons of television that I have EVER seen. I remember the feeling I had after the Season 1 finale was over...a feeling like I had just seen something special. Like I was in on some big secret.

One of my favorite shows ever. K. Bell is such a sweetie. It's good to see she's having success now in other areas.

Yeah, I'd heard about that. That would be awesome.

I also heard they were considering just renewing the series somehow with Veronica, obviously a few years older, now working with the FBI.

How hot would that be? Very, very hot.

Yeah, I'd heard about that. That would be awesome.

I also heard they were considering just renewing the series somehow with Veronica, obviously a few years older, now working with the FBI.

How hot would that be? Very, very hot.

they have the "pilot" episode for that on the season 3 DVD as an extra... It felt weird to be honest, without the other characters to interact with it was strange...

Veronica Mars, ftw! :hi5: I loved that show from the beginning, and was devastated when it got canceled. It had such great potential. I've heard rumours of a movie, and that would be pretty damn awesome.

Speaking of VM, I saw the dude who played Wallace on a commercial yesterday. I had to do a double take. Kinda sucks, to go from a fantastic TV show to doing commercials...

I hope this next season of Heroes is better than the last one. It was really disappointing.

I hope this next season of Heroes is better than the last one. It was really disappointing.

Yup.

I was ALL about Heroes that first season.

And then last year I just stopped watching it. Because it sucked.

Still, it will be hard for me to not watch a show featuring the acting talents of Hayden Panettiere...so I'll probably tune in for Season 3.

Yeah I get that all the time.

I also dig a lot of chick movies, chick books, and chick music.

If I saw a therapist, that therapist would have a field day with me.

the-west-wing-cast-708368.jpg

The West Wing - My #1 show of the decade.

The last two seasons took a very, very different direction from the rest of the series, in that it was recentered around Jimmy Smits and Alan Alda and the race to decide who would succeed President Bartlett, but the first four seasons, maybe even five, were some of the very best television ever produced. Those last two seasons weren't bad by any means either - they were just 'good' while the rest was phenomenal.

It will certainly go down as Sorkin's masterwork.

NSW, where are you on Survivors? I just finished getting Season 3, but I haven't started 2 yet. Maybe I'll wait for you so we can watch and discuss.

Of course, if it was the other way around, I know you wouldn't wait for me to finish--so I've been told.

The West Wing, yeah, that is a show that I've always wanted to get into.

I just never watched it when it originally aired, despite everyone raving about it.

I'll probably try and rent the first season sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom