Interference Random Music Thread XIII: THE RAN! dom Music Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bummer. I stood pretty close to that dude at a Rolling Stones show in 2006.

It's a good-ass record. Thank you for giving it a try. If you do dig it, then make sure to get into Wooden Shjips.

Well, it looks like your boy is going to Stereogum's SXSW party headlined by Ben Gibbard. Solid chance I'll cut off his face and wear it to bang his wife.

Ha. Fair play, mama. I thought that you were talking about somebody's pet fave artist, or something. Possibly Narwahlz. I pity you, assuming that the lineup is, in fact, Ben Gibbard and it doesn't make a difference, but I nevertheless hope that it's fun. Diff'rent strokes, as always. No shit, try to hit up that NNF showcase. Some of those bands will fucking explode your brain. If you can trip, then trip.

Ha. Fair play, mama. I thought that you were talking about somebody's pet fave artist, or something. Possibly Narwahlz. I pity you, assuming that the lineup is, in fact, Ben Gibbard and it doesn't make a difference, but I nevertheless hope that it's fun. Diff'rent strokes, as always. No shit, try to hit up that NNF showcase. Some of those bands will fucking explode your brain. If you can trip, then trip.

Well I may or may not even go to the Stereogum party since Shiner is hosting a free beer event around the same time. And I love me some Shiner. Wye Oak is also on the lineup, who I've seen before and enjoyed. But free beer and food and a chance to see Zooey running around the tiny Parish is enticing.

The NNF showcase is official, but it may still be doable. I can't find anything on the interwebs about the whole thing letting me know if non-badges will be able to get in.

SXSW2010flyer.jpg

But who knows, I might take a stab at it. I have plans to be at the Gorilla vs. Bear party that night, but you never know what the week could bring.

I strongly recommend Sun Araw, Eternal Tapestry, and Wet Hair. Really, really, really strongly. Pocahaunted lose points for the name alone (and as many directionless, meandering songs as great ones), and Teeth Mountain is either great or dreadful, but both bands are worth at least a glance. Not a fan of Sex Worker, and I HATE HATE HATE Psychic Reality. The new split LP with LA Vampires is easily the worst record I've heard all year. Maybe in a few years, as I do have a nasty habit of avoiding stuff I don't know/very strongly suspect I will love.

There you go.

Right on man. I will. Thanks for the addy. If they say I'll be able to get in, I'll bone up on my NNF bands, so to speak.

In a related story, this is how stressful SXSW gets when you condense it into your Google Cal:

dfek5v.jpg

And it's not even closed to done being updated yet, with FaderFort, Dickies Sounds, Filter Showdown @ Cedar Street, and Perez Hilton being added at the very least.

Ass far as Sex Worker goes... well, I'd thank Lance's Mom to stay out of my fair city. But speaking of Austin, Laz are you still Winnebagoing it through here? Those Phoenix tickets are mighty expensive now. I'm actually going to your final destination this weekend.

Gotta stay in the know, my friend.

Alright, I don't feel like starting a thread in LS for this since I'll inevitably get replies from people whose opinions I couldn't care less about. I'm going to New Orleans for three days over the weekend. Anyone ever been? Recommendations?

Lyrically, I think this is easily S.M.'s best album. Rhyming "starlings in the slipstream" with "darlings on the split-screen" = genius.

It's not a clever rhyme like that one but I'm personally very partial to "You've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequel to your life"

Did he forget about how he sold out to advertise for handlebar mustaches?

IMG_0342-1-1.jpg

And don't even get me started on the ad campaign for trucker hats.

Back
Top Bottom