Interference Random Music Thread XIII: THE RAN! dom Music Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Plus, no self-respecting Pavement fan would ever do such a thing.

This part of the post reminds me of this:

These New Puritans' new album sounds like a cross between M.I.A. and Midlake.

You decide if that sounds like an appealing combination.

I think you may be the first person on earth to compare them to Franz Ferdinand.

so i've listened to The Queen is Dead after finally acquiring a week ago.

feels very short, but i thought it was very good! though maybe not the out-and-out classic many of its ardent fans think it is.

It may slip by a bit on first listen, but after 85% of the songs, one at a time, become all-time favorites, it'll dawn on you just how fantastic the record really is. It's not THAT strong as a whole (not strong enough to entirely justify its reputation, anyway), but its parts are so awesome that the sum is inevitably great.

I did enjoy their newest, BTW. The lyrics were a little absurd, took me out of the ominous mood somewhat. And the vocalist sounded bored throughout. But the music was gorgeous, so I dunno.

I wouldn't say that. I guess a Yankees fan can't appreciate an awesome beard though, what with their players being BANNED FROM HAVING THEM.

This isn't Russia. Is this Russia? This isn't Russia.

You can't even grow facial hair, so stfu.

Pwned.

This just in:

I really like The Golden Archipelago.

I look forward to the new LCD Soundsystem album as well.

Thanks, I've come and gone a lot over the past year or so.

Cobl, did you visit the states yet?????

Also, didn't I threaten your life if you didn't watch a certain film? Was it Clockwork? I'm very old and get easily confused.

not a problem.

haven't been yet, very much looking forward to going on the 20th of June. i'll also be saying goodbye to my teenage years in America.

and yes, you did. i have a unwatched copy of said film. :reject:

Wilco has become the "indie" version of Grateful Dead/Phish/DMB. Enjoy.

As much as I hate to admit it, this is actually a pretty good comparison. Shut my mouth.

Still don't see a problem with the dude's sandwich shop though. I'm not any more inclined to eat there even as a rabid THE WILC! fan, but it's certainly veering toward "One Sweet Whirled" and "Cherry Garcia" territory.

I hope they have a breakfast menu so one can order "A Toast Is Born". Which reminds me of that $ting commercial where the toast looks like him.

These New Puritans' new album sounds like a cross between M.I.A. and Midlake.

You decide if that sounds like an appealing combination.

:heart: I love the album, probably my favourite thing released so far this year. Though M.I.A. and Midlake comparisons never occurred to me, probably because These New Puritans IMO have a far more sinister, darker vibe than either.

I hope they have a breakfast menu so one can order "A Toast Is Born". Which reminds me of that $ting commercial where the toast looks like him.

Don't forget your Pieholden Sweet for dessert.

So if we open a brothel with a Shuttlecock theme... what happens then?

ingloriousb.gif

If it was legitimately about "random things that don't really fit into their own thread" as was originally intended, it makes sense. If it makes this entire section of the forum move at a snail pace, because no one ever uses "search" or makes new threads, I think it detracts from this section of the forum. I often think the best threads are those that are about random songs, thoughts on music, or a video, as they often become the most fun. I think when that sort of stuff is put here, only the handful of us that look regularly see it.

I realize no one else cares, and that's cool. I'm not going to shoot everyone over it, as I still haven't figured out all of your addresses.

Back
Top Bottom